Author Topic: Tesla-killer EV being developed in UK  (Read 9781 times)

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Re: Tesla-killer EV being developed in UK
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 10:13:26 pm »
:palm:
He's the king of the Dunning-Kruger hill.
Is he really controlling the speed and steering from a tablet? |O

From his website:
Turbo Electric invites anyone to share in this future vision simply by clicking the paypal link below to purchase shares.
They are currently fixed at 100pence per share, which is a pre-IPO price and you can own as many as you like.

There are 1,000,000 shares in total available, so if you purchase
e.g. 10,000 shares (at £10,000) you will own 1% of Turbo Electric.

After IPO the price will change and will be set by market as with normal share trading,
but you will still own the same proportion of Turbo Electric.

Question:
Can you short pre-IPO?

More important, can you offer shares for sale to the general public in the UK without being a public limited company, submitting a prospectus to the Financial Services Authority and publishing said prospectus? No, you cannot. Is it a criminal offence to do so? Yes, it is. Is this man a complete and utter plonker? Why, yes he is.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 10:20:57 pm »
Plonker no. Scamming bastard without an ounce of ethics yes.

No different to David Icke or Anthony Steele.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2020, 10:51:26 pm »
I think David Icke has provided quite enough evidence for an insanity defence.  :)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 10:53:40 pm »
Yes completely. Total unhinged loon that one.

Offline Domagoj T

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2020, 04:39:35 pm »
More important, can you offer shares for sale to the general public in the UK without being a public limited company, submitting a prospectus to the Financial Services Authority and publishing said prospectus? No, you cannot. Is it a criminal offence to do so? Yes, it is. Is this man a complete and utter plonker? Why, yes he is.

I didn't even consider that, but then again, I know next to nothing about legal aspects of stock trade in UK. Suffice to say, I managed to refrain from investing my life savings into this venture.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2020, 05:07:33 pm »

I didn't even consider that, but then again, I know next to nothing about legal aspects of stock trade in UK. Suffice to say, I managed to refrain from investing my life savings into this venture.

I was pretty sure that was the case, but I had to check before I spouted off. I've been a UK company director more than one once so if anyone ought to know the law about it I ought to, even if just for self preservation reasons. If I didn't know that for sure then it's hardly to your detriment that you didn't immediately think about the implications of UK law.

I'm glad you could restrain yourself.  :)  Having read the vituperative stream of his comments on You Tube I did consider wasting £1 to buy one solitary share from him so that there would be incontrovertible evidence of his guilt if and when this finally catches up with him. What goes around comes around and all that.

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2020, 06:17:50 pm »
there are much easier ways to con money out of people - I think it's just a case of simple ignorance of the realities of manufacturing something and hopeless delusion.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: Stray Electron

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 06:27:21 pm »
The sirens on the video at 8:12 are the boys from the funny farm coming to take this guy home.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2020, 06:43:01 pm »
there are much easier ways to con money out of people - I think it's just a case of simple ignorance of the realities of manufacturing something and hopeless delusion.

Oh, it's pure Dunning-Kruger all the way down. Applied to engineering, company finance and probably continues all the way to the shop cat's vegetarian diet.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2020, 08:38:42 pm »
Reminds me of an acquaintance of mine who screwed up his accounts, filed a cocked up return, got audited, rejected the settlement offer from HMRC and then represented himself in court  :palm:

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2020, 10:00:03 pm »
Reminds me of an acquaintance of mine who screwed up his accounts, filed a cocked up return, got audited, rejected the settlement offer from HMRC and then represented himself in court  :palm:

Is he currently being held at Her Majesty's pleasure?
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:13 pm »
No just a significant 5 digit fine that bankrupted him.

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 01:58:12 pm »
New installment
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 11:15:06 pm »
Plonker no. Scamming bastard without an ounce of ethics yes.

No different to David Icke or Anthony Steele.

If he is a scammer, he has to be about the worst one ever.

I really can't imagine anyone with legal capacity putting money into this, he shows about as much knowledge of engineering and physics as a seven year old child.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2020, 11:08:49 am »
Clueless on sooooo many levels.....

https://youtu.be/acs2PF5LczE
Oh my word, he's special.

There's *SO* much wrong it's difficult to know where to begin

I found his competiton though:
https://cnruipaiying.en.alibaba.com/product/62158205142-812167396/Four_wheel_electric_environmental_protection_car_small_electric_car.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:31:03 am by CJay »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2020, 11:20:55 am »
That’s a far more viable product than his  :-DD

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2020, 11:39:10 am »
That’s a far more viable product than his  :-DD

It's available to buy right now, costs less than a tenth of his battery pack and has a maximum range of 62 miles.

If we use his idiotic logic about 'switching on another pack' you could have 620 miles range if you bought ten of them and riveted them all together, it'd cost a shade less than the price of his battery pack alone.

The guy's a fool who's going to lose a lot of money, given the way he replies to comments I'm going to enjoy watching him go full Trump as he blusters, starts bullshitting and creating wild conspiracy theories about how big auto conspired to ruin him.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2020, 12:01:40 pm »
Standard human failure model apparently  :-DD

Offline RenThraysk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2020, 12:13:39 pm »
His talk of swapping the battery tech when lithium "improves", reminded me of another EV that has both lead and lithium options, made in France.

https://en.nosmoke.fr/specifications

Lithium has double the range, and a less than half of the charge time.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:54:23 pm by RenThraysk »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2020, 12:14:45 pm »
That looks like it's made in France  :popcorn:

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2020, 12:55:45 pm »
His talk of swapping the battery tech when lithium "improves", reminded me of another EV that has both lead and lithium options, made in France.

https://en.nosmoke.fr/specifications

Hah, it's a mini Moke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Moke

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2020, 12:58:35 pm »
Not sure about the "NOSMOKE" name though. Isn't that a bit disingenuous once you take account of the obligatory clouds of Gauloises smoke emitted by the driver?  :)

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »
So his claims of £100 per battery at retail is bunk, they're £127.99, his 'pack' has gone to almost £13K.

The warranty from the manufacturer is 1 year, if they could produce a battery at that price that was good enough for a 4 year warranty or even longer, they'd offer it and be shouting it from the rooftops because it's a *big* selling point for Mobility batteries used in scooters, wheelchairs etc.

The Tesla Model 3 long range battery pack weighs 480KG and offers very nearly the same range as his fanciful claims for a pack that weighs 100x 26KG, I.E. more than five times as much, all weight which has to be dragged around.

I recently saw efficiency figures of ~60-65% efficiency for conversion of stored charge to motion in EVs, that was with vehicles weighing 1200KG, his will weigh three times that.

Tesla's stated aim is to reach a price poiint of $100 per KW/H, his pack is way more expensive than that, $141 per KW/H.

The Tesla actually looks rather nice in my opinion, his looks, frankly, like something Homer Simpson designed for his lost step brother Herb.

His claims about CAN bus are utter BS, he's either lying or somebody saw him coming if he paid £4K for a code reader, this is a basic unit form a quite well respected manufacturer of professional code readers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LAUNCH-CR-319-Entry-Level-Upgraded-Version/dp/B07P11G7P2

If he wants to sell the car anywhere in Europe, the US and a *large* amount of the developed world he's going to need to implement CAN before it will be type approved for road use as it's a mandatory requirement.

Frankly, the guy is Walter Mitty, living in a fantasy world where basic principles of physics are different from those in the real world the rest of us inhabit.

He's pissing away money on some ridiculous fantasy concept, what I don't know is if he's pissing away his own money or if he's ripping off some credulous third world country's government.

He reminds me of the free energy 'researchers' who are convinced they can beat the laws of physics if only they can get another £100K investment

What's the betting his design will, at some point, offer an 'innovative solar roof' or wind turbine to make use of the air rushing past the car as you drive along and FFS *nobody* mention batteroo to him
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:30:05 pm by CJay »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2020, 01:27:43 pm »
Not sure about the "NOSMOKE" name though. Isn't that a bit disingenuous once you take account of the obligatory clouds of Gauloises smoke emitted by the driver?  :)

Well the Moke is a British design by Alex Issigonis no less so there's likely to be just as much smoke from the Lucas electrical system  :-DD :-DD

I have to admit I kind of like it and think I might actually want a Moke, not too sure about the NoSMoke but I could be tempted.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2020, 06:07:37 pm »
So his claims of £100 per battery at retail is bunk, they're £127.99, his 'pack' has gone to almost £13K.

The warranty from the manufacturer is 1 year, if they could produce a battery at that price that was good enough for a 4 year warranty or even longer, they'd offer it and be shouting it from the rooftops because it's a *big* selling point for Mobility batteries used in scooters, wheelchairs etc.

The Tesla Model 3 long range battery pack weighs 480KG and offers very nearly the same range as his fanciful claims for a pack that weighs 100x 26KG, I.E. more than five times as much, all weight which has to be dragged around.

I recently saw efficiency figures of ~60-65% efficiency for conversion of stored charge to motion in EVs, that was with vehicles weighing 1200KG, his will weigh three times that.

Tesla's stated aim is to reach a price poiint of $100 per KW/H, his pack is way more expensive than that, $141 per KW/H.

The Tesla actually looks rather nice in my opinion, his looks, frankly, like something Homer Simpson designed for his lost step brother Herb.

His claims about CAN bus are utter BS, he's either lying or somebody saw him coming if he paid £4K for a code reader, this is a basic unit form a quite well respected manufacturer of professional code readers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LAUNCH-CR-319-Entry-Level-Upgraded-Version/dp/B07P11G7P2

If he wants to sell the car anywhere in Europe, the US and a *large* amount of the developed world he's going to need to implement CAN before it will be type approved for road use as it's a mandatory requirement.

Frankly, the guy is Walter Mitty, living in a fantasy world where basic principles of physics are different from those in the real world the rest of us inhabit.

He's pissing away money on some ridiculous fantasy concept, what I don't know is if he's pissing away his own money or if he's ripping off some credulous third world country's government.

He reminds me of the free energy 'researchers' who are convinced they can beat the laws of physics if only they can get another £100K investment

What's the betting his design will, at some point, offer an 'innovative solar roof' or wind turbine to make use of the air rushing past the car as you drive along and FFS *nobody* mention batteroo to him

Pretty much nails it in all respects!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf