Author Topic: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)  (Read 15839 times)

Offline fourfathom

• Regular Contributor
Re: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2019, 09:13:29 pm »
Also, those "speakers" have incandescent lamps in the center.

Could those lamps have been wired in series with the speaker, to provide a sort of average-power current-limiting?  Given the nonlinear resistance vs Voltage, that might work OK.  Plus, it would provide a nice light show.

Online Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: The discerning audiophile's choice of proper speaker wire. ($35,000 for 2.5m)
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2019, 12:18:24 am »
Also, those "speakers" have incandescent lamps in the center.

Could those lamps have been wired in series with the speaker, to provide a sort of average-power current-limiting?  Given the nonlinear resistance vs Voltage, that might work OK.  Plus, it would provide a nice light show.

I think they are just there as decorative lighting. IDK if they modulate, can't be bothered to look up the specs of rubbish. ::) ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2019, 12:40:36 am »
Hmm, light bulbs as speaker domes... (at least this looks like it)... what a nice idea. :-DD
(Maybe it's better designed than I think, but if not, and they are indeed replacing the speaker center domes, good lord. :-DD )

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf