Author Topic: Snake oil  (Read 364229 times)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
Re: Snake oil
« Reply #1200 on: January 22, 2020, 07:42:53 am »
NOpe, tubes of noble gases.

Coincidentally the same gases used for 'neon' signage.

So, basically, a bunch of tubes of gas energised by a tesla coil, if they're selling refils it sounds like they've poor job of sealing them, either by design or accident.

You'd probably get  just as much benefit, save a bunch of money and be happier if you sat in any number of local bars, Chinese takeaways or strip clubs with neon signs.

Doh, that's the word! I sat there for 5 minutes trying to remember the word "Noble" and then gave up and went for inert.  |O

McBryce.

Offline dunkemhigh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1201 on: January 22, 2020, 07:16:50 pm »
they've poor job of sealing them

More likely they buy them in sealed, and the reason you need to replace them is because the bio-wozname that boosts your bio-thingy wears out so needs topping up. You know that's happened when they no longer seem to boost your bio-thingy.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1202 on: January 22, 2020, 08:25:34 pm »
they've poor job of sealing them

More likely they buy them in sealed, and the reason you need to replace them is because the bio-wozname that boosts your bio-thingy wears out so needs topping up. You know that's happened when they no longer seem to boost your bio-thingy.

If it was me I'd offer tubes in different colors so they can experiment with different mixes of energy to find what suits them best. Each set of colored tubes would be suitably expensive.

I don't live in Los Angeles though. :-(

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1203 on: January 23, 2020, 03:04:45 am »
NOpe, tubes of noble gases.

Coincidentally the same gases used for 'neon' signage.

So, basically, a bunch of tubes of gas energised by a tesla coil, if they're selling refils it sounds like they've poor job of sealing them, either by design or accident.

You'd probably get  just as much benefit, save a bunch of money and be happier if you sat in any number of local bars, Chinese takeaways or strip clubs with neon signs.

Doh, that's the word! I sat there for 5 minutes trying to remember the word "Noble" and then gave up and went for inert.  |O

McBryce.

I think inert gases is more appropriate as you can get spectroscopy tubes like that with anything in them besides just the nobles, like nitrogen, CO2, low pressure air mix, water, or even non-inert gases like hydrogen, oxygen, halides, exc.

Also...I would love to see her experiance the health benefits of grabbing that nice pointy electrode out the top with bare feet. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf