Author Topic: The Non Linear Plasma Reactor  (Read 72895 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: The Non Linear Plasma Reactor
« Reply #925 on: June 28, 2022, 07:25:41 pm »
I take it no one will miss him...

The following users thanked this post: Zucca, Cyberdragon, MK14, mnementh, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #926 on: June 28, 2022, 07:28:43 pm »
Nope. Nice job  :-+

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #927 on: June 28, 2022, 07:32:05 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Simon, madires, benst, hexreader, Cyberdragon, McBryce, MK14, mnementh, bd139, Nominal Animal, AVGresponding

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #928 on: June 28, 2022, 07:35:10 pm »
 :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #929 on: June 28, 2022, 07:36:15 pm »
So this is my graphical.
   AVGresponding also noticed, calling a proton and neutron as 'same', in one (double-negative) sentence.
The first big curve, in lower graph, represents an extreme density, of BS.
   NOTICE the corn farm thing is a fairly neat line.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #930 on: June 28, 2022, 07:37:47 pm »

They should have just told the truth (not so much as in lying as such, but as in completely hiding/evading very relevant details).  By immediately stating that it needs free energy and/or perpetual motion machines and/or above unity, and a belief that things like the sun are NOT powered by fusion.

They also should have been much clearer as to their knowledge/abilities/qualifications in relevant subject areas, such as physics and mathematics.  Not mentioning their failed attempt(s), at other place(s) on the internet, is much more debatable, if they should or should not, have mentioned it, in this thread.  I think they should have, but it is NOT that clear cut.

It would have saved a lot of time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 07:42:40 pm by MK14 »

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #931 on: June 28, 2022, 07:43:38 pm »
And, in a sense of valid replies, we start making things up / guessing, only natural.
   Here's where I got, contemplating my 'neutral' graphics:
   The OP has Patent Agent, doing work of at least $$10,000 value.  App filed is decent, readable English.
#2.) OP figures to add a TURBINE, to catch some either or plasma, whatever.  So that was, actually, judged ok as novelty, by Patent reviewer.  Now as to harnessing that, or source of that energy...still NOGO.

But the biggest benefit of doing that graph is realization of step #1, above.
  Step #1).  Get (large) inheritance.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #932 on: June 28, 2022, 07:46:28 pm »

Thanks, that's probably for the better. May I suggest that we lock this thread too? We (myself included) have chewed on this topic for far too long. But continuing to analyze, put down and ridicule the OP now, when he can no longer respond, seems shabby to me.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, AVGresponding

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #933 on: June 28, 2022, 07:49:46 pm »

They (the OP), can now start a conspiracy theory, whereby some semi-secret government agency, got this idea somewhat hidden (by banning the OP), as they didn't want this idea to fall into the wrong hands . . . . . . ......

Possibly paid for by naughty petroleum/energy companies, so they can maintain their current and future profits.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #934 on: June 28, 2022, 08:04:25 pm »
So successfully marginalised where he belongs then?

Edit: also RJHayward; great graphics. Thoroughly enjoyed those  :-DD

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #935 on: June 28, 2022, 08:09:39 pm »

They should have just told the truth (not so much as in lying as such, but as in completely hiding/evading very relevant details).  By immediately stating that it needs free energy and/or perpetual motion machines and/or above unity, and a belief that things like the sun are NOT powered by fusion.

They also should have been much clearer as to their knowledge/abilities/qualifications in relevant subject areas, such as physics and mathematics.  Not mentioning their failed attempt(s), at other place(s) on the internet, is much more debatable, if they should or should not, have mentioned it, in this thread.  I think they should have, but it is NOT that clear cut.

It would have saved a lot of time.

I also wanted to make sure he does not delete his posts, make sure we immortalize the freshly harvested untainted bullshit for posterity. With his use of tis name so much I am sure it will pop up in searches for his website too. Hopefully warn a few unwise people.

The following users thanked this post: madires, Zucca, MK14, Ranayna, bd139

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #936 on: June 28, 2022, 08:33:30 pm »
I also wanted to make sure he does not delete his posts, make sure we immortalize the freshly harvested untainted bullshit for posterity. With his use of tis name so much I am sure it will pop up in searches for his website too. Hopefully warn a few unwise people.

That's a good point.  I hadn't immediately thought of that (they might try deleting all their posts).

This thread was clearly going round and round in big circles, with the OP, clearly (apparently) dodging important things like mathematics.  It was beginning to repeat itself, as time went on.

For whatever reason, they seem to stubbornly refuse to accept, even a tiny risk that their invention is NOT going to work.  I suspect, even a relatively low amount of real physics knowledge, would soon see that it can't possibly work, without violating, many important, well established/proved laws of physics.

If someone thinks they have made a big invention, that breaks many laws of physics, the beginnings of actual evidence, that it might work.  Such as mathematical proofs and/or real life actual experiments, would be a far more sensible step, than just trying to discuss it.

I don't agree we were discussing it, as such.  As they seemed to be largely ignoring our arguments, in real-terms.

Their regular word-salad, was just crazy/silly/unwise, and just added to the confusion.  They also annoyingly, seemed to often dodge, straight forward, simple direct questions.  Much like politicians are rumored/expected to do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 08:35:08 pm by MK14 »

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #937 on: June 28, 2022, 08:35:34 pm »
He wouldn't delete anything, this thread only proves that his critics are a bunch of dilettantes :-DD

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #938 on: June 28, 2022, 09:20:07 pm »
 >:(

Oh come on I was just beginning to understand!
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #939 on: June 28, 2022, 09:23:58 pm »
>:(

Oh come on I was just beginning to understand!

Are you serious?

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #940 on: June 28, 2022, 09:24:53 pm »

I dunno who this joker is, but I think he's got the OP sussed... ;)

mnem
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139, ramenbytes

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #941 on: June 28, 2022, 09:55:04 pm »
The sad thing is, it's not too hard or too expensive to build a fusor to experimentally verify that fusion reactions do occur; it is well within hobbyist capabilities – and if you have $20k/20k€ or so, you can buy it (in components) straight off the shelf.

Z-pinch increases plasma density and confinement by inducing a current into the plasma, which due to Lorentz force (the current generating a magnetic field that) pinches the plasma closer together, and that costs much more.

Tokamaks require costly superconducting magnets (to get the magnetic field strengths necessary), and unless you intend to run it for only a short time, you need something like tungsten (wolfram) plating on the inside to deal with the high-energy particles; stainless steel becomes very brittle rather quickly in that onslaught.

Showing a picture of what the magnetic fields or electrostatic fields in such experiments are, does not indicate any kind of understanding.  It is just repeating something you've seen, without understanding what it is; just like a Lyre bird repeats sounds it has heard in its mating songs, with gusto.

"Frequency", "helix", and "density" are terms that seem to be in vogue among those who think every physics experiment before them has been done wrong, and they know better because healing crystals.

Dammit, this physics stuff is not just talk and theory, it is something that is already done experimentally.  And not just by scientists; hobbyists have built several fusors too.  Dismissing all that effort is like dismissing an oncoming train: you do it at your own risk, and you're damn likely to be squished, with onlookers quipping that that was particularly stupid.

High-school level of "electrons rotate around atomic nuclei" physics won't cut it, because fusion is deep within nuclear force ranges, in the quantum realm.  Decades ago, early in my physics uni studies I started with Introduction to the Structure of Matter by Brehm and Mullin, and while it is a steep learning curve, I really enjoyed it.  Something of that sort is needed to grasp the models that have been experimentally verified already.

Precise math, or at least crude approximations with the most significant terms, is your initial tool; just like dimensional analysis is in applied physics and engineering.  Adjectives feel powerful, but they don't really describe much; the human brain is prone to magical thinking, and if you don't nail down your ideas with hard math, it is all just a smokescreen your own brain is putting forward.  I know from long experience that when I have an idea, I must nail it down in math and/or software code, and experimentally verify it works, because my mind too often thinks it knows something when it doesn't, and occasionally convinces and hoodwinks me too.

And if anyone thinks I'm putting others down or trying to show they're bad at physics, think again.  I'm trying to show that those interested in this stuff can certainly learn, and where to start.  Making errors is perfectly okay; it's not acknowledging and not fixing them that is stupid.  The questions I posed earlier are not something I copied off somewhere else; they are things I myself had to learn the hard way, spending who knows how many hours while doing so... and my point is, if I, Nominal Animal the Verbose Uncle Bumblefuck can do it, so can anyone else with sufficient time and effort.

If you think you might have a new idea, go ahead and explore it!  But, do not look for support of your idea, look for the most detailed criticism and involved examination you can find, even though it can feel crushing to have the fatal error in ones idea pointed out.. but that's how we learn.  Use math as a tool, because it really is the best tool we have for this.  Consider top athletes: do they look forward to winning against developmentally challenged competitors, or to pitch themselves against the best competitors around?  And why?

Having other like-minded people support your idea feels nice, but having them show the holes or misdesign is worth much more.  When I post one of my schematics or boards here, I'm looking for advice on making it better, and especially about any pitfalls I might have dug for myself that experienced people can detect in my plans.  I value that sort of critical but useful help more than I value my personal feelings.  Those trying to develop their own ideas should consider the same approach.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 09:56:54 pm by Nominal Animal »

The following users thanked this post: madires, ebastler, MK14, AVGresponding, ramenbytes

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2022, 10:38:11 pm »
Having other like-minded people support your idea feels nice, but having them show the holes or misdesign is worth much more.  When I post one of my schematics or boards here, I'm looking for advice on making it better, and especially about any pitfalls I might have dug for myself that experienced people can detect in my plans.  I value that sort of critical but useful help more than I value my personal feelings.  Those trying to develop their own ideas should consider the same approach.

The OP seems completely unable, to receive/accept, criticism of their so called invention.  They seem absolutely convinced that the sun is NOT powered by fusion, and that the thousands (or millions or more, depending on how, and at what level of physics capabilities you count people), who disagree are WRONG, because they haven't heard or seen, the OPs, what I suspect they believe is, a wonderful idea and solution to how it all works.
They (the OP), then throws physics laws, any contradictory experiments, everyone else, mathematics, reality (arguably), out of the window.

It reminds me, of any people that one meets.  Who are 100% convinced in particular conspiracy theories, and refuse all scientific, and common sense counter-arguments.  Even when it is a particularly silly conspiracy theory, to most people.

Their (OPs) probable lack of any/much real physics experience/qualifications, heighten their susceptibility to going down, what (to many) seem like crazy ideas.

With some people, even if they start out with similar ideas to the OP.  It can be worthwhile spending time with them, and explaining why it will NOT work.  But this particular OP, seems like someone, who this thread could have carried on for years, and reached thousands of pages.  They still wouldn't have budged, even slightly.

Still no maths (from the OP, before they were banned), suggested experiment(s), to prove/demonstrate their new scientific principals/invention(s), or any real/proper physics arguments (excluding word-salad like answers).

Just significant misconceptions, as to how physics really (arguably) works.

Also, I hope it is not just a scam, to attempt to con money out of people, in an arguably fraudulent way.  Because I strongly dislike their campaign to raise money out of innocent people, for this exercise.  Let the OP waste their own time and money, NOT other peoples.

The following users thanked this post: bd139, Nominal Animal

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2022, 11:10:29 pm »
They (the OP), then throws physics laws, any contradictory experiments, everyone else, mathematics, reality (arguably), out of the window.

It reminds me, of any people that one meets.  Who are 100% convinced in particular conspiracy theories, and refuse all scientific, and common sense counter-arguments.  Even when it is a particularly silly conspiracy theory, to most people.
Yup.

The only interesting thing about conspiracy theories is how well they fit.  That is, it is exactly the counterarguments that make them worth considering at all.
If there are no known facts to fit to, then it is just speculation.  And that is just a few letters away from speculative fiction: entertainment.

Even the nuttiest of ideas could have a kernel of truth in it, but unless we define the idea and test it, we'll never know.  The only reason for refusing to define and test an idea, is when you only entertain that idea for emotional reasons, in my experience.

I strongly dislike their campaign to raise money out of innocent people, for this exercise.  Let the OP waste their own time and money, NOT other peoples.
Seconded.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, bd139, ramenbytes

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #944 on: June 29, 2022, 10:13:53 am »

:horse:
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #945 on: June 29, 2022, 01:09:12 pm »
I'm a bit disappointed to see NLP has been banned. The more time he wasted arguing with us in the thread, the less time he had to spend scamming others.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #946 on: June 29, 2022, 01:16:43 pm »
I'm a bit disappointed to see NLP has been banned. The more time he wasted arguing with us in the thread, the less time he had to spend scamming others.

If they had remained (wild speculation), I'd suspect they'd have created many more threads, sooner or later.  Assuming they had continued to just word-salad, and a fair bit of the time ignore responses (i.e. refuse to answer simple and straight forward questions).  They would probably have got very annoying, and many complaints.  Which could have given the moderator/admin team, too much work to do.

They were given plenty of time to see the error of their ways, yet they chose to ignore us, and plough on with their (to many/all of us), relatively crazy (as regards real science) ideas.

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #947 on: June 29, 2022, 06:19:57 pm »
Ahh, I've learned a lot, cursed a lot, and wondered:
   That guy, maybe, needs a girlfriend...

'Dodgy' is a happening thing, this year...It's the first thing I dial-up, after shaving.  Don't forget, my generation (of Berkeley / Stanford Engineers) watched as Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak gained Billionaire-hood, right before our eyes, as we sat in stalled traffic in San Jose region, year after year.

Long live, the 6502 !

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #948 on: June 29, 2022, 06:27:01 pm »
Ahh, I've learned a lot, cursed a lot, and wondered:
   That guy, maybe, needs a girlfriend...

'Dodgy' is a happening thing, this year...It's the first thing I dial-up, after shaving.  Don't forget, my generation (of Berkeley / Stanford Engineers) watched as Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak gained Billionaire-hood, right before our eyes, as we sat in stalled traffic in San Jose region, year after year.

Long live, the 6502 !

The main thing the guy needed was a course in first grade Physics. After that we could investigate what else he lacked.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #949 on: June 29, 2022, 06:37:49 pm »
...next time a barn burns down, or a CAT dies, we'll know who to blame; Mr. Non... What was the guy's name again?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf