Author Topic: Snake oil  (Read 783540 times)

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: Snake oil
« Reply #1175 on: August 26, 2019, 07:10:21 pm »
I was watching something about wood gas generators and this shit showed up. >:( :palm:

*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline electrode

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1176 on: August 26, 2019, 09:15:22 pm »
Classic combination of 50-minute video + no succinct description of what he is claiming to do + "no one is interested in disproving my claims".

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1177 on: August 26, 2019, 10:21:16 pm »
Classic combination of 50-minute video + no succinct description of what he is claiming to do + "no one is interested in disproving my claims".

Plus the "amplify power by 5000%!!!" (worse clickbait than batterizer), and the comments that are all like "it's not free energy, it's back EMF harvesting!" which is free energy BS meaning they have no idea about thermodynamics. 5000% implies he thinks he's making tremendous amounts of free energy, not making a motor more efficient (the max thermodynamic efficiency being 100% which can only be achieved by heaters). :palm:

EDIT: It looks like Google is mixing in free energy BS with the suggestions on real alternative energy videos which is absolutely disgusting, infuriating, and looks bad for alternative energy (giving bad impressions for newbies).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:26:48 pm by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1178 on: October 31, 2019, 03:28:30 pm »
 :wtf:

Hello Australians, my name is Fuzzaki Jiz and I make over $500 an hour working from home. I full time college student and gender reassigned single father from Geelong. For my joy I signed up to the role of Cisco Meraki Cloud Administrator and next day received a check for $21,455,704.01. This online work is oh so very simple and only takes up a few minutes of my spare time. I never ever have to think what I am doing. I can even do it with my eyes closed. All I need is a laptop and free Starbucks wifi. Find out why earnings are exponential and endless [hyperlink removed by Australian Signals Directorate]

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1179 on: October 31, 2019, 03:40:08 pm »
Nice one. It's hard to tell why the "gender reassigned" info adds anything here. Is is meant to make the scam look more innocuous? :-DD

That raised a question though. Out of curiosity, is a "gender reassigned single father" the actual mother of the child? Or what? I'm confused. ::)

The following users thanked this post: Syntax Error

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1180 on: October 31, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »
I think we need to write a full on constraint network in LISP to resolve that problem!

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster, Syntax Error

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1181 on: October 31, 2019, 05:21:55 pm »
At the moment mister Jiz is intersecting his complements. Which is something they frequently do in Geelong, apparently.

NOT ( :-*  AND  :-[ ) === NOT :-*  OR NOT :-[

For those playing with their gender at home:

https://www.eevblog.com/2017/04/19/eevacademy-digital-logic-boolean-demorgans-theorems/

If you really want snake oil, Kickstarter is the OPEC of the snake oil industry. Like this gem, the world's first bacteria killing robot. Seriously, before this droid existed could we have ever gone to a budget motel without being eaten alive by billions of Neisseria Gonorrhoeae or Enterococcus faecium baccilus? Krusty backbackers, don't leave your middle class suburb without one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cleansebot/worlds-first-bacteria-killing-robot

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1182 on: November 01, 2019, 10:36:41 am »
Sounds like a real money earner, but I'm not sure I could handle the re-assignment surgery.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1183 on: November 01, 2019, 04:25:41 pm »
Seeing as there is no Starbucks in Geelong listed on the starbucks website, how much fuel money is he spending to drive to a Starbucks for their free wifi?

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1184 on: November 02, 2019, 10:42:34 pm »
Nice one. It's hard to tell why the "gender reassigned" info adds anything here. Is is meant to make the scam look more innocuous? :-DD

That raised a question though. Out of curiosity, is a "gender reassigned single father" the actual mother of the child? Or what? I'm confused. ::)

When a bad tranny lets the magic smoke out. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1185 on: December 25, 2019, 12:51:25 pm »
MarketMaster.

https://mrktmaster.com

I set the clock to 2099 and the page kept up with the clock so that is fake.

See picture:
– Advertorial –
"We are getting an unprecedented number of new users. 25/12/2099"

Or is it that the whole thing is an Advertorial and not just the banner box it is in.

Offline Deodand2014

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1186 on: January 21, 2020, 01:44:00 pm »
Electronic snake oil.....

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1187 on: January 21, 2020, 02:42:43 pm »
Wow, a $15K Tesla Coil surrounded by tubes of inert gases or even Mercury*. Unfortunately, I'm on a budget, but I can get a picture of the device (banner) for just $150: https://biocharger.com/shop/product-category/biocharger/

McBryce.

*I wonder why they sell refills, what happened to the mercury in the tubes it came with?

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1188 on: January 21, 2020, 02:53:30 pm »
Electronic snake oil.....

She gives you a big hint up front as to her qualifications. "I'm a former fitness director for the US Navy" aka Director Of Physical Education = D.O.P.E.

(The guy who ran all the sports facilities at my university agreed to 'Director Of Physical Education' as his job title without realising what generations of students would make of this. If you wanted a medicine ball aimed at you there was one sure-fire way to make it happen...)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1189 on: January 21, 2020, 04:57:37 pm »
She has satan's arsehole for a smile.

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1190 on: January 22, 2020, 07:42:53 am »
NOpe, tubes of noble gases.

Coincidentally the same gases used for 'neon' signage.

So, basically, a bunch of tubes of gas energised by a tesla coil, if they're selling refils it sounds like they've poor job of sealing them, either by design or accident.

You'd probably get  just as much benefit, save a bunch of money and be happier if you sat in any number of local bars, Chinese takeaways or strip clubs with neon signs.

Doh, that's the word! I sat there for 5 minutes trying to remember the word "Noble" and then gave up and went for inert.  |O

McBryce.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1191 on: January 22, 2020, 07:16:50 pm »
they've poor job of sealing them

More likely they buy them in sealed, and the reason you need to replace them is because the bio-wozname that boosts your bio-thingy wears out so needs topping up. You know that's happened when they no longer seem to boost your bio-thingy.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1192 on: January 22, 2020, 08:25:34 pm »
they've poor job of sealing them

More likely they buy them in sealed, and the reason you need to replace them is because the bio-wozname that boosts your bio-thingy wears out so needs topping up. You know that's happened when they no longer seem to boost your bio-thingy.

If it was me I'd offer tubes in different colors so they can experiment with different mixes of energy to find what suits them best. Each set of colored tubes would be suitably expensive.

I don't live in Los Angeles though. :-(

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1193 on: January 23, 2020, 03:04:45 am »
NOpe, tubes of noble gases.

Coincidentally the same gases used for 'neon' signage.

So, basically, a bunch of tubes of gas energised by a tesla coil, if they're selling refils it sounds like they've poor job of sealing them, either by design or accident.

You'd probably get  just as much benefit, save a bunch of money and be happier if you sat in any number of local bars, Chinese takeaways or strip clubs with neon signs.

Doh, that's the word! I sat there for 5 minutes trying to remember the word "Noble" and then gave up and went for inert.  |O

McBryce.

I think inert gases is more appropriate as you can get spectroscopy tubes like that with anything in them besides just the nobles, like nitrogen, CO2, low pressure air mix, water, or even non-inert gases like hydrogen, oxygen, halides, exc.

Also...I would love to see her experiance the health benefits of grabbing that nice pointy electrode out the top with bare feet. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1194 on: January 31, 2020, 04:10:39 pm »
The most necessary device - Гамма-7Н. For just $100 you get a piece of wire and a plastic box that will save your energoinformational field from $100 harmful computer radiation.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Offline Deodand2014

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1195 on: February 20, 2020, 03:47:57 pm »
Two videos on the Ionic Footbath Scam..

And a follow up in the form of a teardown of the control unit for such devices...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:41:19 am by Deodand2014 »

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, bd139, MrMobodies

Offline Zeitungsjunge

« Reply #1196 on: May 01, 2020, 01:09:52 pm »
You might remember the famed EM-Drive a few years ago (that didn't work and the results could not be recreated by any group that tried)...

Now we can find a new one calle TET on Kickstarter... All Mumbo Jumbo but does not even try to explain where the propulsion should come from.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/em-propulsion/new-technology-for-aerospace-propulsion

The video is grandiose bullshot with bush fires. corona and stuff but NOTHING about the product.

Anyone still claiming that kickstarter is any better than indiegogo in terms of scams?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1197 on: May 01, 2020, 02:33:25 pm »
On Kickstarter you need enough co-credulous investors to reach the funding goal before losing your money. On Indiegogo you've lost it as soon as you click the perk link in most cases.

The following users thanked this post: Zeitungsjunge

Offline Syntax Error

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1198 on: May 09, 2020, 11:58:00 pm »
900000mAH 5V Power bank

Seriously 4.5KWh?

Seller states...
Question: Why does Power Bank have no print capacity(mAh)?         
Answer: If we printing capacity, the product can not be allowed to transport by the plane, we hope you can understand this.
Question: Why didn't anyone reply to my message?         
Answer: Because our customer service is in China, there is a jet lag between the customer and customer service

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #1199 on: May 10, 2020, 08:29:32 am »
900000mAH 5V Power bank

Seriously 4.5KWh?

Seller states...
Question: Why does Power Bank have no print capacity(mAh)?         
Answer: If we printing capacity, the product can not be allowed to transport by the plane, we hope you can understand this.
Question: Why didn't anyone reply to my message?         
Answer: Because our customer service is in China, there is a jet lag between the customer and customer service

:-DD

I've considered getting one of these in the past, to try and figure out how they come up with such a nonsense capacity rating.

So far I've managed to keep my money in my pocket, and my best guess is that's the capacity if you add up every charge cycle in its lifetime...   :palm:
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf