Products > Dodgy Technology

Snake oil

<< < (245/269) > >>

vk6zgo:

--- Quote from: BU508A on July 07, 2021, 08:15:24 am ---just like to add this little finding:

--- End quote ---

This reminds me of two successive employers, who, distributed glossy pamphlets to their staff, claiming "everything was great", just prior to, in one case, greatly downsizing staff numbers, but neglecting to provide any way of doing the amount of work that still existed, & in the second, where the main shareholder/CEO decamped with a large portion of the company's funds.

After my experiences with the first one, I felt a profound feeling of "deja Moo", & started revising my CV.

As luck would have it, the banks were kinder to the company than I expected, & we got out of strife after a couple of years, so I didn't have to look for yet another job.

MazeFrame:
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/super-charger-3a/

Who does not like a 300€ USB charger?

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: FredZ777 on April 26, 2021, 02:47:25 pm ---His first swing and a miss was "nickel-to-copper transmutation," a nuclear reaction so unlikely that it would not occur during a supernova.

--- End quote ---

Your physics seems to be quite rusty. Of course exactly this transmutation goes on in a supernova, but it does not need those conditions. Quite possibly you even have some electronics around inside which this transmutation happens!

Nickel isotopes with atomic numbers 63, 65 and higher are beta type radioactive, and therefore decay to copper quite a(u)tomatically. In fact, Ni63 was used in gas discharge tube type surge protectors, the radioactivity serves to improve trigger time. In old electronics items you may find some, and have a process going on in your hands that you believe could not happen in a supernova. ;D

helius:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on August 23, 2021, 10:19:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: FredZ777 on April 26, 2021, 02:47:25 pm ---His first swing and a miss was "nickel-to-copper transmutation," a nuclear reaction so unlikely that it would not occur during a supernova.

--- End quote ---

Your physics seems to be quite rusty. Of course exactly this transmutation goes on in a supernova, but it does not need those conditions. Quite possibly you even have some electronics around inside which this transmutation happens!

Nickel isotopes with atomic numbers 63, 65 and higher are beta type radioactive, and therefore decay to copper quite a(u)tomatically. In fact, Ni63 was used in gas discharge tube type surge protectors, the radioactivity serves to improve trigger time. In old electronics items you may find some, and have a process going on in your hands that you believe could not happen in a supernova. ;D

--- End quote ---
Every atom of nickel in the universe has the same atomic number: 28. Atomic number 63 is europium.
Radioactive decay is not a nuclear reaction. By the universally accepted definition of a reaction there must be at least two reagents.

McBryce:

--- Quote from: helius on August 24, 2021, 07:58:39 am ---
--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on August 23, 2021, 10:19:16 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Every atom of nickel in the universe has the same atomic number: 28. Atomic number 63 is europium.
Radioactive decay is not a nuclear reaction. By the universally accepted definition of a reaction there must be at least two reagents.

--- End quote ---

Ni 63 is an isotope of Nickel. The 63 isn't it's atomic number, it's the atomic mass. The atomic number is still 28.

McBryce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version