Products > Dodgy Technology

Snake oil

<< < (250/269) > >>

AVGresponding:
They do enjoy trying to confuse us. It's not unusual to see the the capacity of a multi-cell pack described thusly: V = (nominal cell voltage x number of cells (fine, that's acceptable)), Ah = (nominal Ah rating of cell x number of cells (*sighs* no! This is not how it works!)).

I have speculated before that the ludicrous Ah rating given to an individual cell (on ebay I think) was determined by (nominal Ah rating of cell x number of charge cycles in cell lifetime). The maths did work out...

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: AVGresponding on December 06, 2021, 07:04:04 am ---
I have speculated before that the ludicrous Ah rating given to an individual cell (on ebay I think) was determined by (nominal Ah rating of cell x number of charge cycles in cell lifetime). The maths did work out...

--- End quote ---

I have observed exactly that before, and it has come up here before with a pack with an astronomical Ah figure that if it were real could have been used to replace some of those toasty banks that Elon put in the Australian outback.

Kim Christensen:

--- Quote ---Ah = (nominal Ah rating of cell x number of cells (*sighs* no! This is not how it works!)
--- End quote ---

Or those power packs that have a 1000mAh 3.7V cell, a boost converter for 5V output, and label it as "5V @ "1000mAh".

PlainName:

--- Quote ---V = (nominal cell voltage x number of cells (fine, that's acceptable)), Ah = (nominal Ah rating of cell x number of cells (*sighs* no! This is not how it works!))
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that is how it does work, just that you can't do both at once. In the context of a powerbank, the Ah rating certainly would be more likely to be nominal Ah x cell count.

electr_peter:
10000 mAh is defacto standard among smaller power banks with 5V USB output. 10000 mAh is before boost conversion to 5V, of course.
Some power banks are more honest than others. Ultimate speed power bank declares different mAh ratings right on the box and case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version