Products > Dodgy Technology

Unacknowledged (2017)

(1/2) > >>

RoGeorge:
No idea if it's dodgy or not, but it's the best I've seen so far, regarding the subject of presumably true (but kept secret) outer space aliens.  Enjoy!   :)

Unacknowledged (2017)

StillTrying:
Shouldn't this be in Super Advanced Technology rather than Dodgy Technology. :)

I've watched every well known case multiple times over the years. 8)

Chris42:
This tech is 100% dodgy because it does not exist.

Rant about the UFO conspiracy BS in 3 ... 2 ...1  :rant:

There is no way that something as big as alien technology can be kept secret for so many decades.
US was not able to keep their mass surveillance program secret for more than 12 years so I doubt that they can keep something 1000x bigger for 5 times as long in secrecy.
Someone would have leaked some evidence by now. And by evidence I do not mean relations of "witnesses" or some blurry photos. By evidence I mean something
that can be verified (at least to some degree) using scientific methods. For example some actual blueprints with actual measurements made during attempts to reverse engineer those captured UFOs.

Alien technology is to valuable to just hide it in the warehouse so they must have at least attempted to reverse engineer it.
Am I suppose to believe that  during that process they haven't applied even most basic techniques like spectroscopy to this magic spaceship fuel? If so can we see some results?
Where is the analysis of hull composition? Is it made of some super alloy? If it uses some advanced nanomaterials or whatever can we have some photos made under the microscope? What about the attempts to understand how FTL drive works? They must have produced some calculations, theories or made some experiments. Can we see at least those?

I also love how those "scientists" who allegedly worked on those projects decided to come forward with some amazing stories but failed to provide anything that can be verified in a scientific way.
It makes no sense. Any real scientists working on such project would know that "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Also if you are afraid that man in black will come for you
and disintegrate you with a ray gun then by providing strong evidence you increase your chances. That is because good evidence would likely convince a large number of people and once that happens
your disappearance would only make everything even worse (people now know about the aliens vs people now know about the aliens and the that guy that many regard as a hero for revealing that is dead).

But nope, we get blurry photos and interviews.

Cerebus:

--- Quote from: Chris42 on August 23, 2020, 08:31:25 pm ---There is no way that something as big as alien technology can be kept secret for so many decades.
US was not able to keep their mass surveillance program secret for more than 12 years so I doubt that they can keep something 1000x bigger for 5 times as long in secrecy.

--- End quote ---

UFO madness aside, it's quite possible for secrets to be kept for a long time, by a lot of people, if they genuinely believe that it is necessary to do so. The WWII 'Ultra' codeword intelligence reports, largely derived from code breaking at Bletchley Park, were kept a secret not just for the duration of the war, but up until 1974. The distribution of this intelligence involved 1000s of people, but it managed to stay a secret for a very long time. It requires more than a threat of state retaliation to prevent a leak for that long, it requires a belief in all the people keeping that secret that it is self evidently necessary to do so.

So the argument that the time and number of people involved guarantees a leak is less than strong if, and only if, the information to be kept secret is of such magnitude that any person who might consider leaking it would not do so because the ramifications of doing so would self evidently be terrible, sufficiently terrible to outweigh any considerations of the public's 'right to know'.

Anyway, I for one welcome our new alien overlords.  :)

Chris42:

--- Quote from: Cerebus on August 24, 2020, 12:38:11 am ---
--- Quote from: Chris42 on August 23, 2020, 08:31:25 pm ---There is no way that something as big as alien technology can be kept secret for so many decades.

--- End quote ---
So the argument that the time and number of people involved guarantees a leak is less than strong if, and only if, the information to be kept secret is of such magnitude that any person who might consider leaking it would not do so because the ramifications of doing so would self evidently be terrible, sufficiently terrible to outweigh any considerations of the public's 'right to know'.

--- End quote ---

That is a good point.

However discovery of aliens would answer one of the biggest questions in the history of humanity: "Are we alone?". Moreover the benefits of utilizing such technology would be huge.
Creating a clean and sustainable energy source that can power our entire civilization would probably be one of them. Those two things alone are a strong motivator.
Consequences would have to be absolutely horrific to stop people from revealing such knowledge.

Argument that "People are not ready" is not strong enough.  Argument that we will blow ourselves up is also not strong enough. We will blow ourselves up if we don't solve the problem of finding a sustainable energy source.
In ~100 years people will be fighting over the remains of fossil fuels and runaway global warming will render large portions of land uninhabitable.

I also missed two things in my rant:

1) Humans have a long history of making up stories. We call them tales. Of course no one believes in stories about trolls or dragons anymore but they were believable at the time. Now we have
tales about UFO conspiracy, free energy, moon conspiracy, vaccines causing autism, and other BS. It's just the same process, recently amplified by new means of easy information sharing.

2)

Sad but true.
Mass media are full of people producing fake content in order to earn some money / get attention. That means that there must exist a group of people that create fake content about aliens as well.
And that group does not have to be huge in order to reach a large population. It's enough to make profitable "documentaries" and
partner with some TV station that in ancient and forgotten past used to air reasonable documentaries about history. Or create a streaming service named after the ancient god of earth that sole purpose is production
and distribution of bulls*it and spend heavy stacks of cash on advertisements.

--- Quote from: Cerebus on August 24, 2020, 12:38:11 am ---Anyway, I for one welcome our new alien overlords.  :)

--- End quote ---

Those alien overlords will be the ones that we will grow ourselves. They are known as Artificial General Super Intelligence.
I also can't wait :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version