Author Topic: Vion: The World's Silliest Multimeter  (Read 74869 times)

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
Re: Vion : The Worlds Silliest Multimeter
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2018, 07:31:36 pm »

IIRC, Mooshimeter's CAT III, but if you cut out the plastic that covers the SD card slot (so you can use the slot), that voids the certification. (It's probably no less safe, but I guess it wasn't safety tested in that configuration.)

The original reason why they closed the slot was because there was water condensing there and the meter was then failing high voltage tests:
https://moosh.im/2014/07/safety-improvements/

Offline Muttley SnickersTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2018, 06:34:53 am »
They have just released an updated notification declaring that they still don't have a working Android or IOS application and they are currently in the process of beta testing the Android version. They also hope to have an application ready by the time the meters are shipped which is completely ridiculous considering that these gadgets are utterly fucking useless without a correctly working application for the remote display.

:-BROKE :wtf:

Vion Updates 21.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441579202/the-worlds-simplest-bluetooth-multimeter/updates

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2018, 02:55:18 pm »
So they are reassuring us that they are noobs and have no idea what they are doing. ::) :-DD
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2018, 05:51:07 pm »
Welcome to the startup world. A world of endless debt (financial as well as technical) for the most part.
 :-+

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2018, 07:24:05 pm »
Welcome to the startup world. A world of endless debt (financial as well as technical) for the most part.
 :-+

And wannabe entrepreneurs that draw something in Illustrator/Photoshop and then talk about "disrupting the industry" and "having to be a believer" as a magic incantation that makes VC part with their cash and somehow changes the laws of physics (or marketplace) to make whatever they dreamed out possible.

• Supporter
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2018, 01:06:24 am »
More delays and bullshit excuses, no surprises here folks.   :bullshit: :-BROKE :palm:
Vion Updates
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441579202/the-worlds-simplest-bluetooth-multimeter/updates

(UPDATE 22 Nov 21 2018) WE'RE FINALLY READY TO BEGIN SHIPPING
"Hey Backers!
As you probably saw from the title, our team is finally ready to commence shipping within the next couple of weeks! We have resolved the issues that were stated before on our previous updates and the final version of Vion has been created. We are confident that the wait will be worth it for all of our backers. Here's a picture of the final product. We are currently in the midst of mass manufacturing. Once this process comes to a close, we will begin shipping immediately (still expected to be around the end of Novemeber). The corresponding app will be available on Google Playstore and Apple App Store by the time our backers receive their rewards. We completely understand all the frustrations you have felt throughout this process and as a result, our team has been working around the clock to make it up to you guys. Another update will be posted once the first batch of packages go out. Hope you all are excited!    Best,  Vion Team
"

(UPDATE 23 Nov 22 2018) Problems With Case Molds
"Hi Backers,
We were just notified by our manufacturing plant that there was something wrong with the molds for the cases. Due to this issue, we will, unfortunately, be delayed by about two weeks (shipping to begin the 3rd week of December) because we will have to make the necessary adjustments to the molds and restart the manufacturing process for the cases. To clarify once more, there are no issues with Vion. This problem is ONLY related to the case. Thank you for being patient with us. We will provide regular updates up until we complete shipping to every single one of our backers. Our Sincerest Apologies,  Vion Team
"

Image below from Update 22, Ready to ship you more bullshit excuses more like it.   :bullshit:

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2018, 01:35:00 am »
How come someone is ready to be shipping and finds out issues with the molds?!? This should become a master's thesis in BS engineering.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2018, 02:11:26 am »
To clarify once more, there are no issues with Vion. This problem is ONLY related to the case.

To clarify once more, there are no issues with the product. This problem is ONLY related to the product.

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2018, 08:56:43 am »
Someone should read all of the vion updates aloud then add glitch and voice morph sound effects to make it even funnier. ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

• Supporter
Re: Vion: The World's Silliest Multimeter
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:21 am »
They have just put an app up on the Google Play Store but still haven't shipped anything and the Vion app needs a meter and vice versa, I don't know about the IOS application but do know that I am still no more an expert than I was prior to downloading it, perhaps it's fauly or something.   :-BROKE ::)

Vion Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ytech.vion&hl=en

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2018, 01:24:58 pm »
They have just put an app up on the Google Play Store but still haven't shipped anything and the Vion app needs a meter and vice versa, I don't know about the IOS application but do know that I am still no more an expert than I was prior to downloading it, perhaps it's fauly or something.   :-BROKE ::)

You have to have the meter too. Your brain won't be programmed to be an expert until then. But if you have both, the Vion operator will send your brain the following code plug -

"Module 51333: Electrical Engineering Expert"

Shouldn't take more than a few seconds Muttley.   :-+

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2018, 12:54:45 am »
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, VION SUPPORTERS!

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2018, 05:49:33 am »
An emductor is obviously the opposite of an inductor. ::)

Would be very interesting to see how they would deign a shunt through the springy cable which would be required for current measurements.
Best (un?)intentional typo of this thread:

deign (verb): do something that one considers to be beneath one's dignity.

:-DD

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2018, 07:06:52 am »
I thought they had already done a bunk with the $$ long ago. Maybe their $400k is running out and the delay is to allow them to make meters and sell them retail or find yet another platform before the backers still don't get theirs made with the profits of those sales to top off the scam.  :bullshit:

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2018, 07:25:10 am »
10 minutes of non sleuth work.

Same principal HANJIN PARK Same Address 1501 WESTCLIFF DR. #307 NEWPORT BEACH CA 92660 runs this company https://www.altosbusiness.com/ also owns this company https://www.openceed.com/ wonder what his take on the deals was and if they are the real issue with non delivery and over promises? Principal of Vion is the same for this company ALLECTRICS, INC at the same address .....

Vion for $400k

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rayo-the-ultimate-bicycle-tail-light#/ only $150k here
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rayo-the-ultimate-bicycle-tail-light#/ and another $150k here.

Pattern forming?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:35:25 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Supporter
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2018, 03:43:34 am »
After already mucking the backers around numerous times they have now fabricated a new schedule and nominated the end of January as the final shipping date after previously assuring backers that shipping would begin the third week of December, this is past ridiculous considering the campaign initially declared that shipping would be in June 2018.

Vion Updates

(Update 24 Dec 29 2018) Announcement
 "To our beloved backers, 
We wanted to sincerely express our thanks and gratitude for showing our project so much love. Our team understands that there is no excuse for such a delay. For the past few updates, we have not given our backers a detailed timeline on our progress. Please refer to the table below for the final shipping schedule. We hope that all of you will have a Happy New Year and that you as well as your loved ones will be filled with blessings!

1. Schedule
- January 11th: Final Sample Production Complete
- January 18th: Finished Goods Receipt
- January 20th: Final address check with backers
- January 25th: Product Assembly Completion
- January 31st: Delivery Begins

2. Current Progress 
1) Completion of mold – Confirmation of the exterior material of the product 
2) Purchase of materials 
3) Package design complete 
4) Calibration parts are undergoing manufacturing 
5) Final negotiation completed with logistics company for delivery

3. Miscellaneous updates
1) The Vion application has been uploaded to the Google Playstore and Apple App Store for further testing. - Search with the term “VION” (However, without Vion the functions are limited) - After our final sample production is completed (1/11) we will update the app again 
2) We will send another email to confirm our backer’s address / check for the delivery address on 1/20.
Once again, we would like to thank all of you for your undying patience. Thank you so much.  Vion Team"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:03:35 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2019, 02:56:17 pm »
The longer they delay shipping the longer we are from people becoming "experts" and electrocuting themselves.  :-+ Like these images on their website, such as this guy who blew his multimeter because he was in the wrong setting and had no clue what kind of voltages he was working with (and the hardhat, vest and beard automatically make him trustworthy, just like a lab-coat makes people look like doctors or smart, to make things more believable):

Or this lady who thinks she's now an "expert" because sticking our probes into a lightbulb socket is the first step and safest and only way to know what is going on with this lamp. Look at all the pretty colors on the probe distracting me and confusing me at the same time just before I am about to kill myself and fall off the ladder...  :palm::

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:43:13 pm by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2019, 04:19:41 pm »
Lady is doing a dangerous maneuver, sticking metal probes into a socket that she can't see what's touching what. Nice way to weld the Vion probe tips together.

:--

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2019, 05:14:32 pm »
I still don't see how they'll ever be able to legally sell this POS (might explain the real cause of delays). It is clearly a stupid and inconvenient deathtrap of wank designed solely to darwinize. Not that I have anything against darwinizing hipsters/yuppies ( >:D ) but the waste of money and resources is disgusting. :--
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
1. Schedule
- January 11th: Final Sample Production Complete
- January 18th: Finished Goods Receipt
- January 25th: Product Assembly Completion
- January 31st: Delivery Begins

2. Current Progress 
1) Completion of mold – Confirmation of the exterior material of the product 
[...]

Wow, a full week between receiving the "finished goods" (that must refer to the production samples?), and having the full production batch done. And they have not even seen any molded parts yet, but only decided on the material and "completed the mold" itself?

I see the next excuse for a delay coming...

• Supporter
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2019, 09:37:36 pm »
I see the next excuse for a delay coming...
The consistency of their poor excuses is about the only thing that can be relied upon with this campaign, and the tolerance of the backers beggars belief. Based on their history they should probably alter that last schedule to nominate the 30th of February as the final completion and satisfaction date.

• Supporter
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2019, 01:12:31 am »
 :palm:

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2019, 01:24:43 am »
What a surprise!

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2019, 01:28:31 am »
FAIL

EPIC FAIL

What's the next one Muttley?

SUPER MASSIVE FAIL?

:-DD

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2019, 03:12:32 am »
Too painful to watch...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf