Products > Dodgy Technology

WiGL - another infeasible wireless power nonsense

(1/4) > >>

madires:
Dave's brief video:
https://odysee.com/@eevblog2:4/beware-the-asterisk!:1

The long story:
https://www.startengine.com/wigl

BTW, the 2.4 GHz ISM band is limited to 100 mW in most countries. Happy wireless charging! >:D

SiliconWizard:
Ahah, that's fun. The frickin project raised almost $5M too. What a bunch of idiots. We should definitely start projects on crowd funding platforms I guess. We are missing out on the cash cow? :-DD

Oh, "touchless, wireless power". It's not just wireless, it's touchless too! Don't f*cking touch meeeeeeee! :-DD

Ben321:

--- Quote from: madires on July 17, 2021, 02:43:17 pm ---BTW, the 2.4 GHz ISM band is limited to 100 mW in most countries.

--- End quote ---

Probably some company in China makes it, and doesn't even bother to get it FCC certified. I wouldn't doubt that it actually uses more power than is legal for charging. I wouldn't assume its output was only 100mW. You can buy Chinese FM transmitters that output 10 WATTS of power, only legal if you have at least an LPFM (low power FM) license. By the way an LPFM license is something MOST people don't have, and can't get (you can only apply to the FCC for this license during an application window, and the last application window was like 10 years ago, and FCC seems to have no plans to open a new application window). So unless you already have a license for such an FM transmitter, who's output power goes WELL ABOVE the FCC Part 15 limit, it's illegal to use. Yet you can buy these ILLEGAL FM transmitters on Amazon, an American company, that should be following American laws.

So no, I don't doubt that this wireless charger operates at illegal power levels to charge effectively, because the fact is illegal stuff like that gets sold even on Amazon, the most trusted online store on all of the internet. And unless the FCC actually cracks down (and from what I've seen, they don't, unless they actually get a complaint from somebody about RF interference), people are probably going to keep making and selling illegal RF products, because only enforcement of the law is what will stop them from doing so.

Cyberdragon:

--- Quote from: Ben321 on July 19, 2021, 08:03:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: madires on July 17, 2021, 02:43:17 pm ---BTW, the 2.4 GHz ISM band is limited to 100 mW in most countries.

--- End quote ---

Probably some company in China makes it, and doesn't even bother to get it FCC certified. I wouldn't doubt that it actually uses more power than is legal for charging. I wouldn't assume its output was only 100mW. You can buy Chinese FM transmitters that output 10 WATTS of power, only legal if you have at least an LPFM (low power FM) license. By the way an LPFM license is something MOST people don't have, and can't get (you can only apply to the FCC for this license during an application window, and the last application window was like 10 years ago, and FCC seems to have no plans to open a new application window). So unless you already have a license for such an FM transmitter, who's output power goes WELL ABOVE the FCC Part 15 limit, it's illegal to use. Yet you can buy these ILLEGAL FM transmitters on Amazon, an American company, that should be following American laws.

So no, I don't doubt that this wireless charger operates at illegal power levels to charge effectively, because the fact is illegal stuff like that gets sold even on Amazon, the most trusted online store on all of the internet. And unless the FCC actually cracks down (and from what I've seen, they don't, unless they actually get a complaint from somebody about RF interference), people are probably going to keep making and selling illegal RF products, because only enforcement of the law is what will stop them from doing so.

--- End quote ---

According to them the transmitter power is 1W, using a standard RF amp.

Bud:

--- Quote ---Designed by 100% disabled Veteran
--- End quote ---

Means the guy was ... dead when he "designed" it  :-//
Even Steven Hawkins was not "100% disabled" .
Trying to appeal to your patriotic self  :bullshit:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version