Electronics > Eagle

Autodesk EAGLE Announcement

(1/7) > >>

Kean:
We knew it was coming...

Just posted by Autodesk at https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-EAGLE-Announcement-Next-steps-and-FAQ.html

--- Quote ---Effective June 7, 2026, Autodesk will no longer sell nor support EAGLE. New and active Fusion 360 and Fusion 360 with EAGLE Premium subscriptions will continue to give you access to Fusion 360 electronics as well as EAGLE Premium functionality until EAGLE is no longer supported in June 2026.

Fusion 360 with EAGLE Standard subscriptions will no longer renew after June 7, 2024. It’s recommended to subscribe to Fusion 360 for access to the electronics workspace.

A subscription to Fusion 360 includes fully integrated CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB functionality and includes up to 999 schematics, 16 layers, and an unlimited board area.

--- End quote ---

More detail at the link...

Infraviolet:
For free users then, the short answer is to stick with a pre-autodesk eagle version (if you've ever touched a later version use the options to export for older eagle versions) or move to KiCAD (which can also import eagle files from at least some eagle versions).

james_s:
It was pretty obvious from the start that this was going to happen. I don't know anyone who still uses Eagle, I bet they never had more than a few thousand subscribers.

KE5FX:
Open-source it, Autodesk.  Its value went to zero the minute you put your hands on it, but there's still room for redemption.

(Also, I would like a pony and a Gulfstream V to haul it around in.)

Pack34:
End of an era. It was the first ecad tool I learned.

The wording is confusing. Is Eagle and Fusion 360 PCB considered two different products?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version