Author Topic: Eagle Footprint Pads Changing Size from Library to Board  (Read 12038 times)

Offline menimitzTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Let's Get Started!
Eagle Footprint Pads Changing Size from Library to Board
« on: June 13, 2013, 06:15:44 pm »
I am using the Sparkfun Library RGB LED footprint.  For some reason, when I go to my actually PCB layout the footprints become larger than they are set and appear in the Library.  The pads originally overlapped one another, but after something I did today they are now just too large for my DRC.  I need this board to meet OSHPark rules, and it currently won't pass like this. 

I also checked, and its not just a visual glitch.  The Gerber files come out with the overlaps / oversized pads intact. 

I have some experience using Eagle, but have never ran into a problem like this before.  Is there some setting that governs the size of these pads despite what the footprint shows?  Is this footprint simply messed up and I just need to start with my own? 

Any insight into better understanding how this works would be greatly appreciated.  I have searched online but don't know what terms to use to get the results I want. 

The image below compares the footprint in the library to my actual results in the PCB editor. 

Offline TerminalJack505

• Super Contributor
Re: Eagle Footprint Pads Changing Size from Library to Board
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »
There are a couple of comments toward the bottom of this page that sounds like your problem.

Q:Hi, I tried the new LED-RGB-CC-THRU and the copper pads are fused together. Is there a setting to fix this? I have Eagle 6-3.0.0

A:In the DRC dialog, change the “restring” value to a smaller size (0mil is OK). This value controls the smallest possible pad size and will override the pad size that the part was given in the library.

Offline menimitzTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Let's Get Started!
Re: Eagle Footprint Pads Changing Size from Library to Board
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:33:50 am »
That fixed it right away. Thanks. I should have seen that page myself. At least someone else here can benefit from this info now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf