Author Topic: Eagle Standard + Fusion360 $100USD Per Year  (Read 8219 times)

Offline KC0PPHTopic starter

• Supporter
Eagle Standard + Fusion360 $100USD Per Year
« on: January 25, 2020, 10:46:41 pm »
Fusion 360 Plus Eagle Standard $100 USD annual price. Was told it would not go up in the future. Not sure if i can share this but i already took advantage of it so have at it.

https://store.autodesk.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=adskeren&id=QuickBuyCartPage

The following users thanked this post: ChunkyPastaSauce

Offline macegr

• Regular Contributor
Re: Eagle Standard + Fusion360 $100USD Per Year
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:32 pm »
Your link doesn't work and no $100 option exists in Autodesk's offerings.

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 03:33:22 am »

The following users thanked this post: ChunkyPastaSauce

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 07:15:19 am »
Might be nice for those of you in the USA but here in Oz $590 (circa $400USD) is the going rate for the package. I will stick to my FREE sub $100k USD turnover version of Fusion.

Had a quick play with it last night over here too. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/eda/fusion-360-just-added-eagle-inside-it!-thoughts/msg2885728/#msg2885728
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 06:20:13 pm »
That link was emailed to me by Autodesk I could not find any information about that price online.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 10:00:32 pm »
Which is exactly the reason no one else should use it as it is your link and others are likely to have to do battle with Autodesk to get their $ back.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 09:47:57 am »
Which is exactly the reason no one else should use it as it is your link and others are likely to have to do battle with Autodesk to get their $ back.

It's a plain old advertising link which Autodesk sent out in a marketing email campaign. Not personalized or anything. I have shared it earlier in another thread here, as well as a corresponding link for German customers: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/eagle/cheapest-eagle-now-$500-per-year!/msg2867480/#msg2867480. (Edit: link fixed, hopefully.)

The marketing campaign is not about getting a lower price for EAGLE Professional + Fusion, but about a final offer to subscribe to EAGLE Standard + Fusion 360, before Autodesk switches to offering Pro licenses only. (Or at least that's what they state their intent is. They have a bit of a history of changing their minds when it comes to the subscription model...)

It seems that the offer is limited to the countries encoded in the link names: You will have to enter your address and payment details, and the choice of countries is limited in that mask. (Although the /EAGLEDE link lets you choose any EU country.) I assume that links with further country suffixes have also been activated, but /EAGLEAU does not seem to exist, unfortunately. I understand your annoyance that Australia (so far) does not get this offer to still subscribe to the standard edition. But beyond that, and the much-discussed general implications of having to go to a subscription model, there is nothing sinister going on here.

Edit: The offer is now also available in Australia via https://autode.sk/EAGLEAUS
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:00:46 am by ebastler »

Offline ChunkyPastaSauce

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 01:39:26 am »
I just did it, my account shows additional licenses for Eagle Std, Fusion 360, most of the cloud services (Generative Design, Manufacturing, Simulation, Storage), Team workspace, plus HSMWorks.

Basically near full featured fusion package, not just fusion itself with eagle std.

It doesn't have cloud rendering setup, my other fusion license has it by default but I think one can signup separately now. No cloud credits (knowledge db says its supposed to have 100 cloud credits on renewal).

This is cheapest way to get commercial fusion from what I can tell.. excluding cloud credits, it's 1/3 the cost of the no longer available founding licenses.

Edit - i just noticed it actually says 1000 cloud credits, which is nuts sinces it's $1 per credit
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:07:59 am by ChunkyPastaSauce »

Offline alexwhittemore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 03:59:14 pm »
I also jumped on this deal, and now have it in my account as well. There was a bit of confusion as to the longevity of it - the license IS supposed to auto-renew at the same price, but the sales guy I talked to didn't know if that would or wouldn't change in the future. This is currently the best deal you can have though, apart from the price they offered back in november of $300/yr for F360, which now comes with Eagle Premium.

Offline kreeper_6

• !
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 01:32:19 am »
I currently have the standard edition on auto renew and will likely keep it for now. For those that don't know, Fusion 360 has a Free no limitation hobby license which now with the inclusion of ECAD presumably offers eagle premium features for $0.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 01:35:41 am »
I currently have the standard edition on auto renew and will likely keep it for now. For those that don't know, Fusion 360 has a Free no limitation hobby license which now with the inclusion of ECAD presumably offers eagle premium features for $0.

I am on a similar sub $100k 'free' commercial license now with Eagle having been added (without me asking for it  ::) ) I think the 'free' hobby license actually has a few extra goodies over what I get in structural analysis but I haven't look as I don't need it.

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2020, 04:48:28 am »
I get this bad feeling in my water this is going to change soon. I renewed for this package again in January of 2020. It appears now that you cannot get Eagle without a Fusion 360 license which will increase the cost by a factor of 4.

Offline purfield

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 05:21:55 pm »
I got my license renewal notice that I would be charged $100 for another year of Fusion 360 and Eagle.  I know there's a lot of hate going around for Fusion 360, but as someone who does a lot of mechanical/electrical CAD and CAM, it's pretty hard to argue with the value proposition.  At the standard $500/year price, I'd probably think twice about it though.  :-)

The following users thanked this post: AlanS

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 10:04:59 pm »
I have received notification that I will be charged $140 for 'Fusion 360 with Eagle Standard 1 Year Subscription (Auto Renewal)'.

As I NEVER need to do 3D modelling I was happy to stay with Eagle standard - PCB design is just a small part of my workflow; so paying A$500 plus was always going to be hard to justify.

Having said that, I will move to Fusion 360's different and sometimes confusing operator interface and see where I land. I may even move on to more 3D modelling to help with test fixtures.

At this point I stay with AutoDesk - I'll report back next year.

Offline alexwhittemore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 11:46:18 pm »
I may even move on to more 3D modelling to help with test fixtures.

I certainly understand it's not for everyone, but deeply integrated MCAD really, REALLY helps ECAD productivity and success. Regardless of whether I need to fit a given enclosure, or build a specific jig, associating all 3D models and viewing in 3D is a required pre-spin check for me now. Associating and manually aligning 3D models to components is a high-success cross-check against fouled up footprints, and viewing a given board variant in detail in 3D often reveals DNPs you thought were, or vice versa, component clearance issues you never thought existed, etc. A full-spec 3D cad model of your board is like 99% as good as actually spinning it in terms of discovering all the stupid placement or population errors that come up.

Plus, making jigs actually IS really useful. A 3D printer is a great tool even for an EE bench, though maybe maybe not worth the time it takes to get good with it.

Offline alexwhittemore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 03:26:50 pm »
Unrelated, but AlanS or kreeper_6, can you verify: I just tried whipping up a board in the Fusion360 electrical workspace, and it sure looks like they just don't build in license restrictions for the "standard" subscription of eagle. That is, my Eagle standalone is currently licensed as "standard" with the board size restriction, but I can make boards twice as large and place components top-right in Fusion360 electrical, which I can't in Eagle.

In other words, I think the $100/yr F360+eagle standard is a steal.

Also, it didn't crash when I tried this just yesterday, which is a good improvement over last time I had a go of it  ;D

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 05:06:45 pm »
Was told it would not go up in the future.

We can put that in the same bucket as all the other claims made by Autodesk since their acquisition.

Offline alexwhittemore

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 05:19:08 pm »
Was told it would not go up in the future.

We can put that in the same bucket as all the other claims made by Autodesk since their acquisition.

Reasonable distrust of Autodesk's long-term business decisions aside, my friend was explicitly told that the $100 deal probably WOULDN'T renew, so best not to give up his existing $300/yr-for-premium deal. HIS friend was explicitly told it WOULD, and when I asked my own rep, I was told "I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet it has a shelf life since we're only stating it as one year right now."

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 09:01:04 pm »
alexwhittemore is right to say that being able to print test jigs is a godsend - something I'm preparing to do. After a few other jobs.

I'll also test the behaviour of Fusion360 as required - probably Wednesday 20th Jan my time.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 05:38:16 am »
Just entering my third 'free' year of Startup License as of Today. So if you have the creds for it worth getting this license to see if you like or dislike it before shelling out the $ in particular since some of the nobbling of the 'hobby' version happened. I was given the option to downgrade to Hobby as it expired and keep going.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/startups

Offline gooligumelec

• Contributor
    • Gooligum Electronics
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 05:11:11 am »
As another data point - I recently (January 2021) renewed "Fusion 360 with EAGLE Standard 1 Year Subscription" for $140 (AUD), same as I paid last year.  I.e. it didn't go up.

And the eternal question - why pay for Eagle when Kicad is free?  I use Eagle professionally, for designing my own products and in consulting for clients.  I like Fusion 360, think it's easily worth $140/year, and so effectively I'm getting Eagle Standard for free.  It does more than what I need, and works well for me.  And I've found the Eagle / Fusion 360 workflow to be very useful.  Many products have enclosures, after all.

Note that I'm using Eagle standalone, not the electronics thingy built into F360.  My schematics, layouts and libraries are on my own PC and laptop, not reliant on someone else's cloud.  Except that I version control using git, which works nicely with Eagle because they're text files - change a component value and it's a one line change in the commit.  So I backup to the cloud, and use git to synchronise my various devices.  All smooth.

Really, for $140/year, I have no complaints.  So why not renew?

Maybe the price will go up in future.  Maybe my needs will change.  I'll deal with it then.
David Meiklejohn
www.gooligum.com.au

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:29 am »
Thanks David. My thoughts exactly - the Git scenario looks useful. I use Onedrive to manage my offsite backups.

Offline EBRAddict

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 07:29:53 pm »
Just a warning -- if you let this lapse they won't honor the renewal. I had mine set to autorenew via Paypal . The link between Paypal and the Autodesk payment processor was broken (I deleted all of my PayPal auto payments last year some time) and the renewal didn't go through. Two weeks later Autodesk sent me a notice that my renewal was cancelled. I contacted support and they helpfully and politely told me to get stuffed and pay retail when I asked to renew it at the old rate. No chance to correct any issues.

The following users thanked this post: gooligumelec, AlanS

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf