Author Topic: Eagle TL074 bug?  (Read 5338 times)

Offline David AuroraTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Eagle TL074 bug?
« on: July 03, 2013, 01:55:48 pm »
I think I've always used SMD versions of the TL074 in Eagle, but I needed to spit out a quick problem solver board tonight and had a pile of through hole versions on hand so I drew up a file with one of those and etched it.

And the spot for the TL074 is the wrong goddamn pin pitch.

I've double checked the board/part in Eagle, dragged the TL072 I also had on the board over the spot where the quad goes, dragged in other DIL14's and overlayed them, and yep, it's bang on in the file with any chip I throw at it. The pitch of the quad is definitely right on the screen. Everything else on my board lines up perfectly too, it's not like the layout got scaled or something when I printed. But I'm sitting here with a board in my hand that I sure as hell can't attach a TL074 to, the pin pitch is too small so the pins are way off.

I think I may have experienced this once before with a standard 28 pin IC that didn't line up but that was a million updates ago (I'm currently on the latest version, just updated a couple days ago. Thoughts?

Offline glatocha

• Regular Contributor
Re: Eagle TL074 bug?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Maybe the manufacturing problems.
Make a 1:1 printout and check if the chip fits.

This looks exactly on the grid for me:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:08:43 pm by glatocha »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:09:45 am »
That's exactly what I'm saying dude. It's 100% correct on the screen. But it prints that one chip the wrong size. All components around it are perfectly spaced on the print, so the problem is not the print. For some bizarre reason it's resizing that one chip behind the scenes when I go to actually make the board  :-\

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:15:17 am »
Hmm, seems OK now on a fresh copy. But the dud PCB shows it plain as day- everything is correctly spaced on it except that one op amp. Bizarre.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf