Author Topic: Eagle will be part of Fusion360  (Read 9704 times)

Offline macegr

• Regular Contributor
Re: Eagle will be part of Fusion360
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2020, 05:28:55 pm »
Matt Berggren from Autodesk estimates it will take them at least 1 year to fully integrate Eagle into Fusion 360 and another 1 year to herd people from desktop Eagle to Fusion Eagle:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/will-eagle-as-a-standalone-product-disappear-following-the/m-p/9313704#M28372

In other words, desktop Eagle will be toast in 2 years, give or take.

Not just desktop, non-integrated Eagle, but Eagle on Linux. It's hard to phrase that as anything other than a product kill, though Autodesk will try.

Offline hanakp

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2020, 06:00:06 pm »
BTW, integration into Fusion will also be the third major Eagle GUI overhaul in the last 4 years. Take that as you will.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »
Not really - everything up to this point has been largely incremental. Lipstick on a pig......

Fusion360 is the first effort to enter the 21st century.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2020, 03:14:57 am »
Not much in this update directly for Eagle users other than maybe the Team side of things. This only went live today.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/march-2020-product-update-whats-new/

The major update of note is the refinement of the 3D sketching capabilities and Fusion now has a built in Slicer capability for 3D printing. Early quick look at the 3D printing side of it and video here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/3d-printer-yet/msg2958130/#msg2958130
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

Offline escapekit

• Contributor
    • EscapeRoom controllers
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2020, 11:42:13 am »
Please, avoid trying to design something in Fusion Electronics. I've been pulling my hair for the last week. |O
There are more bugs than features. It is a joke. I hope they get their s**t together soon because releasing this "thing" to the public is not serious. :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2020, 07:50:59 pm »
Please, avoid trying to design something in Fusion Electronics. I've been pulling my hair for the last week. |O
There are more bugs than features. It is a joke. I hope they get their s**t together soon because releasing this "thing" to the public is not serious. :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:

I made this determination after about 30 minutes.

It is currently a sad little experiment that should not have escaped the developers test environment. I do, however, believe they will get it dialed in in due time. The major alarm for me is the initially, they BROKE the existing workflow and I had no immediate fallback. They fixed that so at least I can function normally until they get F360 Electronics to a point of usability.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline escapekit

• Contributor
    • EscapeRoom controllers
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2020, 01:16:32 am »

I made this determination after about 30 minutes.

It is currently a sad little experiment that should not have escaped the developers test environment. I do, however, believe they will get it dialed in in due time. The major alarm for me is the initially, they BROKE the existing workflow and I had no immediate fallback. They fixed that so at least I can function normally until they get F360 Electronics to a point of usability.
Sadly I was too excited about the possibilities it promised that I kept lying to myself until half an hour ago. I've spent a couple hours routing a PCB (the same I've needed a whole week fighting Fusion to design the schematics, footprints and packages for) and in this amount of time I must have saved at least 5 times. Suddenly Fusion crashes and when I open it back up all the routing is lost in the 2D PCB but present on the 3D PCB. No way of getting it back there, all the "versions" saved on the last couple of hours of the 2D PCB (what would be the .brd in Eagle) are identical.
Yeah, it looks cool and someday it will be a nice program, but man they shot themselves in the foot.
I expect it will be at least a year until it is somewhat usable. The amount of bugs is staggering. I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time.
It was too good to be true... Now I get why they give it away for free with an Eagle License... because it is useless!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf