Author Topic: Hiding Copper Poor  (Read 9141 times)

Offline JohnSLTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hiding Copper Poor
« on: August 12, 2014, 02:56:48 am »
I've searched, but I can't find the answer to my question. When I first open a PCB, Eagle doesn't show the ground pours, so it's easy to see the traces on the top and bottom. When I click the ratsnest tool, it adds the ground pours. So far so good.

Is there a way for me to go back to not showing the ground pours without having to close and reopen the PCB? There are times when it's much easier to route a wire when the ground pours aren't visible.

Offline nitro2k01

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hiding Copper Poor
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 03:11:21 am »
You can undo the automatic filling of the polygon by using the ripup tool on the polygon(s). It will be filled again the next time you do a ratsnest.

Another option is to temporarily change the pour type to cutout, but I believe you have to change this back to solid or hatch before exporting the board to actually get your ground plane into the gerbers! So only do this while routing, and change it back so you don't forget it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:13:20 am by nitro2k01 »
Whoa! How the hell did Dave know that Bob is my uncle? Amazing!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:13:35 am »
I just stumbled on another way to do it. If I change the size slightly of the pour polygons, it hides the pours. I'm still wondering if there is some magic keyboard command, or other command, that will do the same thing.

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 02:52:23 pm »
You can enter the command

RIPUP @;

which will clear all the pours without impacting anything else, they will comeback when you click the rats nest again.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:30:35 am »
You can enter the command

RIPUP @;

which will clear all the pours without impacting anything else, they will comeback when you click the rats nest again.

Excellent! That's exactly what I was looking for.

After knowing what to look for, I found this information in page 157 of the V6 manual, and also by typing "HELP RIPUP" in the command text box. I'm still pretty new to Eagle, so it's nice to know where I can look for information like this. Thanks again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf