Author Topic: Custom Libraries (again)  (Read 7832 times)

Offline 1276-2449-1-NDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Custom Libraries (again)
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:20:57 pm »
I've been trying to figure out how to create a library of all the components we use across all our PCBs (~30) -- and only those components: no unused packages or symbols.

Reasons:
  • Our pick-and-place machine would be much easier to set-up if, for example, all resistors come from the same package.
  • Need to add attributes to each component for inventory and purchasing. There's already been a few effups where the wrong package of a component were bought, or used on a PCB.
  • Want to make all the text sizes uniform across all parts. (Already have a script for this.)

I already have a custom library with all the common stuff, and custom parts. I'm trying to cull this down so that eventually we'll be restricted to using only parts (and especially packages) in this library.

This topic was brought up before. However these methods copy everything, not just the used packages.

I found an interesting ULP: "lbr-merge" for concatenating libraries if exporting only used packages of components (However, Export Libraries exports everything, or only packages with no other data). There doesn't appear to be much else for this sort of thing.

Is there something I'm missing? Or do I have to go through each component and delete each package manually?

Offline ar__systems

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Custom Libraries (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:45:16 pm »
Open the target library in the editor.
Find the source library in the Eagle's browser (main window).
Expand it and find the component you want to copy.
Right click, select "Copy To Library".

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:48:15 pm »
This topic was brought up before. However these methods copy everything, not just the used packages.

I think this comment was referring to the "right click, copy to library" method. So the OP is aware of it but is looking for a slightly different functionality.

Offline 1276-2449-1-NDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »
Yeah, I was hoping for something less tedious and more scriptable. I ended up recreating the device in a new library, and copy-pasting just the packages I wanted. It only took a day to do almost everything -- still tedious though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf