Author Topic: [WTD] OrCAD 17.2 Lite Installer  (Read 1404 times)

Offline veryevilTopic starter

• Supporter
[WTD] OrCAD 17.2 Lite Installer
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:24:55 am »
Hi, does anyone have a copy of the Orcad 17.2 Lite installer with the PCB designer in? It was available to download after filling in a form on their site but no longer.

I would really like a copy so I can open ref designs etc and the viewer is awful and my trial is over from some time ago.

The 17.2 came with a version of extracta that allow files to be converted to altium which would be a MASSIVE help. The demo 17.4 version is license locked but I don't believe the 17.2 version was.

Thanks

Offline hickorystick

Re: [WTD] OrCAD 17.2 Lite Installer
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 07:49:49 pm »
Still looking for this?  Is the Lite version any different then the 17.2 base installation media?  Or is it just what it defaults to non-licensed?

J

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 08:27:24 pm »
Hi, the lite version is different as it is actually a license. The base install doesn't have a license and cannot open anything. I do have a copy now of the base install but cannot open anything in it as no license.

The base install does allow me to use the extracta converter which is great but then still beholden to bad imports.

Would be great to have to lite version as the ability to at least open the files would be useful

Offline hickorystick

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 10:37:10 pm »
Do you have an old email of the download link for 17.2 from Orcad?  I just tried mine from 2018 and it is successfully downloading the 17.2 Lite All Products zip file.

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 07:11:14 pm »
No I don't only trail downloads. Do you have the link you could share with me or possibly the files?

Cheers

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 06:51:40 am »
I've got it now sorted. Thanks everyone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf