Author Topic: Eagle 7.1 Excellon_24 Absent  (Read 2116 times)

Offline SparkFlyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Eagle 7.1 Excellon_24 Absent
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »
Hi all,

I am trying to generate gerbers for a PCB. I have used the manufacturer's job file (elecrow) but upon inspecting the output in a gerber viewer, the drills are spaced 10x further apart than they need to be. A bit of research has lead to several people suggesting switch the Device from Excellon to Excellon_24. However I cannot find Excellon_24 under device, neither can I find anywhere online to download it. Can anybody offer any ideas as to where I might find Excellon_24 - or other possible PCB fixes.

Annoyingly I used the same job file just a few months ago and it worked fine....

Regards.

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
Re: Eagle 7.1 Excellon_24 Absent
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »
It's an option in the CAM processor. See attached pic showing where to find it. However, I should note that I've never had to change that setting and my boards turn out fine (apart from an annoyance with the Elecrow CAM/DRU default stop mask on vias setting, which ends up covering any via drilled under 100mils with soldermask...).

BTW - there is a specific subforum under this one for EAGLE.

Offline SparkFlyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 09:39:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for being unclear, but that is where I was looking before. For clarity I've attached what I see.

I saw there was an Eagle subforum, but was unsure as the problem is missing Excellon_24... I suppose the problem is in Eagle though. I will bear that in mind for next time.

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:25:45 pm »
Interesting... My version is 7.7 - the last before The Borg bought EAGLE - but I wouldn't think adding Excellon_24 would have been a high priority at any point in time for CadSoft.

Maybe upgrade to 7.7 (supposedly still available for d/l, but I kept the zip file just in case)?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf