Author Topic: Adding Electrolytic Capacitors in Micro-Cap 12  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Question MarkTopic starter

Adding Electrolytic Capacitors in Micro-Cap 12
« on: April 04, 2022, 02:29:55 pm »
Hello everyone,

Warning: I'm a neophyte at electronics and CAD...

Does anyone know how to import spice component models into Micro-Cap? It would seem that many type of CAD formats are available, but none specific to MC12; does this matter?

Also, I would like to properly represent electrolytic capacitors in the schematic, both for the visual clarity and for the problems associated with them. Are there specific properties that make these capacitors what they are apart from series/parallel resistance/inductance? Is it even possible to simulate the reverse voltage problems?

Thank you for your help.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: Adding Electrolytic Capacitors in Micro-Cap 12
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 08:35:05 pm »
Creating parts from Spice models is pretty easy (but finding the menu items is a bit less so without reading the manual.)
Menu: Windows/Component Editor...

Then the easiest way is to click on the "Add Part Wizard" icon in the toolbar.

From your question, possibly you already knew that, and are wondering what format you need to use when asked for the model?
For a Spice model, select "Subckt", then select the Spice model file. Then it will ask for the subcircuit name, and for the symbol you want to associate it with, using the spice order for the pin numbering.

As to electrolytic caps, what exact problem would you like to simulate? I think you'd have to come up with your own model for this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf