Author Topic: AI based Raster cleanup - Scanned Schematic pages?  (Read 680 times)

Offline zittTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinball-Mods.com
AI based Raster cleanup - Scanned Schematic pages?
« on: July 04, 2022, 07:23:06 am »
I just tried a couple "ai powered" enlargement tools online and maybe I'm missing the point.

Problem statement:
I have a Manufacturer supplied manual which deliberately (I'm assuming) did a poor "render" of the cpu board schematics. My assumption is that the manufacturer did this on purpose as there are no other scans of better quality. It's my guess they did it to keep the masses "happy" but no allow anyone with a degree to figure out what it really going on with these board.

What I was hoping was that I'd be able to "ai - enhance" the scanned document to get legible schematics so that I could actually have the document I need (troubleshooting the board now). The jpg below is an actual picture a section of the craptastic manual I have. The downloadable manual on the mfg's page is even worse. I've taken pcitures of the board I'm troubleshooting and U1 is a 74LV273 and Q1-Q8 are 2N3904s.

Obviously; I can get a better high resolution scan with a scanner rather than my phone camera... but I have zero hope if these "ai powered" tools cant even handle the jpg.

Has anyone seen success "correcting" any scanned documents with Ai? I'm I dreaming in my hope?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: AI based Raster cleanup - Scanned Schematic pages?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 07:25:16 am »
ML can’t recover information that isn’t there. It can replace it with a poorly formed opinion of what it might have been with no accountability for how it got there.

Better to redraw by hand and reverse engineer.

I have the same problem on a regular basis (see attached)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 07:27:39 am by bd139 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf