Author Topic: Any experience with JLC PCB house in china?  (Read 69508 times)

Offline 501

Re: Any experience with JLC PCB house in china?
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2020, 07:52:41 am »
Yes, JLC PCB is very cheap. I live in China. The reason why it is so cheap is very simple. JLC needs to seize the market. In China, proofing PCB costs only 5 RMB, about $0.72, including freight. Now the competition in this industry is very fierce, the purpose is to eliminate competitors.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2020, 07:30:56 pm »
So once all the competitors have gone, they'll be making sufficient profit to cover all the losses from the beginning?

Offline 501

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:26 am »
I think so. At that time, the price of PCB may rise. Once, when I proofed PCB, it was only 1 yuan, about 0.1444 US dollars

Offline greenpossum

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2020, 01:08:45 am »
So once all the competitors have gone, they'll be making sufficient profit to cover all the losses from the beginning?

I doubt that. This sector is very contestable, as they say. No player has a monopoly on the techniques. The ones who will win are those who can trim fat from their operations, and/or land high value contracts. Also pulling customers in with PCBA services. I already noticed that one fab I used had been acquired, or joined forces with another company. So, good for buyers.

Small run hobbyist boards are probably used to fill up space that would go to waste on large boards, so more variability in process time. Bigger fabs have more orders going through so can keep the process time down.

Offline almaz1c

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2022, 10:20:26 am »
I am facing stucks with JLCPCB for two PCB orders I placed with DHL Express delivery.
JLCPCB support says that there are delay on DHL side (for 6 days already).
I contacted with DHL Express - actually shipments didn't provided to courier service at all! The only thing JLCPCB did - is just generated tracking numbers and nothing more.
Here are tracking numbers - 4567014686 and 4567031722.
https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/tracking/tracking-express.html?submit=1&tracking-id=4567014686%204567031722
I contacted with JLCPCB again - they continue to lie that parsels shipped but it is not true. They ignored my request for refund. So I didn't receive PCBs and lost money with them.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2022, 10:44:10 am »
In my experience, DHL is not good for international shipping. I didn't lost a package so far, but always lots of manual work with customs etc. And I wouldn't be surprised if their system has bugs, or the courier service messed it up. It is more expensive, but if possible, I use UPS or Fedex, if I need it fast, much easier and less problems.

I often buy at JLCPCB, and no problems so far. Usually I use EuroPacket. Cheap but still faster than the usual China order from eBay. Last PCBs were 10 days from ordering until I got them:

https://twitter.com/frank_buss/status/1479085155633541122
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2022, 12:17:48 pm »
Now is a good a time as any. Dealing with China for anything has been nothing but difficult, infuriating and or ridiculous lately. I think that it is due to the current political climate of "we don't care now" 
I have had no less than 4 different vendors on Aliexpress where a part is undefined in the over simplified "so-called specs".
Exchanges back and forth in texts result in "Sorry friend" "We don't know what you ask" "How many do you want to buy" Nothing about the question asked.
Then they don't stop texting you with the same item page for a month.

On to my JLCPCB story.
I ordered before the new year and paid for a big order as I usually I combine a batch 3 times a year for savings.
The same techniques and specifications as the last order resulted in a kickback and delay from everybody and his cousin stating that an additional cost (2x what I previously paid) would be needed to do exactly what I did before.
Just as you get one set of boards cleared the next set of the same batch order gets flagged.
This happened for all 6 projects in the batch. To add insult, for the ones they cleared, they get it all over again. I was almost at the point of cancelling.
What I received after 2 weeks of dithering (exclusive of shipping) by them was already too late.
I informed them that I would spread the news far and wide of how I had been treated on every platform I could.
Their attitude: we don't care. :horse:
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline mmusskopf

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2022, 10:05:20 pm »
I believe I also had a bad experience with JCLPCB just now and my current recommendation is AVOID JLC PCB.

In my situation, I had a terrible experience when using their Parts Library. I did place an order and realized 3 minutes later, literally, that the order has been placed was incorrect.

I recognize that it was MY MISTAKE and I contact them asking to cancel the order and charge me any transaction fee it might occur, but they refused and I lost USD800.00.

We all know that the parts library, once you order a part is just a "Digital Transaction" that only reserves the stock for your use. By the way, the part was not externally sourced (the part is actually from LCSC). Basically, nothing got physically changed, touched or shipped. Also, the part had a large stock and I didn't prevent any other customer to place other orders for the same component. Literally, zero loss for JLC PCB apart from a few entries on their system.

Unfortunately, they insist that once the parts are in my Library they can't issue a refund, cancel or even ship the items to me so I could think about what to do with the parts later.

Well, I'm not a big company but I spend about $7K-$15K on PCB, parts, prototypes and PCBA per month. Not sure about you all, but if my customer makes a mistake and there's zero cost to me, or even if there's a small transaction cost, I happily revert the transaction... it's just professional cordiality that we expect and get from everybody else.

And now, because of a bad policy (or the fact JLCPCB is being greedy), I will put them at the bottom of my list when choosing someone to manufacture my designs and stick with more mature suppliers.

ps.: Maybe JLC PCB can see this and comment  :--

Update 10/May/2022: After multiple attempts to contact JLC PCB I raised a dispute via Paypal. This seems to be the only way to have them re-considering things as Paypal can be reasonable sometimes when ruling disputes. After that they allowed me to book a DHL courier (using my DHL account) to pick-up the parts and those were delivered today. I haven't unwrapped it yet but the parts seems to be all there and properly packaged.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 06:09:34 am by mmusskopf »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2022, 08:48:15 pm »
I believe I also had a bad experience with JCLPCB just now and my current recommendation is AVOID JLC PCB.

In my situation, I had a terrible experience when using their Parts Library. I did place an order and realized 3 minutes later, literally, that the order has been placed was incorrect.

I recognize that it was MY MISTAKE and I contact them asking to cancel the order and charge me any transaction fee it might occur, but they refused and I lost USD800.00.

Ask support where to ship these parts to return them for a refund. If they don't respond then show the conversation to paypal or your credit card company, and get your money back.
You haven't lost the money yet.

Returning    Returns are normally accepted when completed within 30 days from date of shipment,please contact customer service for a return authorization.
Parts should be unused and in original packaging. Customer has to take charge for the shipping.

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf