Author Topic: Any experience with JLC PCB house in china?  (Read 69059 times)

Offline sukuTopic starter

• Contributor
Any experience with JLC PCB house in china?
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:32:29 pm »
https://jlcpcb.com/

I see JLC PCB sponsored videos all over youtube, their prices are crazy low, so I was wondering if their boards were any good...

I'm have to order a batch of couple hundred boards and the their price calculator gave me 45% lower price than PCBWay. (129x81mm 1.6mm 1oz etc.)

If anyone has experience with JLCPCB, please share it below, I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
Re: Any experience with JLC PCB house in china?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:22:08 am »
I recently ordered a set of 10 4-layer boards from them. They should arrive any moment, so I'll try to remember to share the experience here.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline josip

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:34:00 pm »
BTW, here is 2 weeks old review, with hi-res board picture.
https://idyl.io/2018/02/11/jlcpcb-prototype-pcbs-review/

Offline hcglitte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:29:46 pm »
I have also ordered 10 large 4 layer boards with ENIG and some QFN footprints. I wonder if they manage to have solder mask between the pins.

I have previously used PCBCART for the same board, so will be interesting to see...

However, I just received an email that they wanted to alter my stencil file,
even though I told them in the notes that they must keep the apertures unchanged.
May be a language barrier...

This happens all the time regardless of where I order from. I just cannot understand that they want to do changes to it
even though I state in many different ways that they must not alter it in any way!!! My apertures are reduced and fine as they are.

Also, there is no select-box to choose stencil thickness. So you have to write this in the notes.

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:43:37 am »
I switched to jlcpcb from oshpark.

jlcpcb have incredibly quick turnaround times for me. I submit order sunday and receive boards thursday. dhl shipping, $18. boards are really cheap. i suspect the quick turnaround time is because while oshpark outsources to manufacturers, jlcpcb IS the manufacturer. i have a weekly cadence going with them where i receive a board, hack on it for a couple days, make pcb changes in easyeda and submit new boards for the upcoming week. i have a bunch of projects going in parallel so i almost always have some order to submit for the coming week.

their loss leader is 2 layer 1oz copper fr4 green boards. as long as you stick with that the boards are super cheap. they don't charge extra for silkscreen on bottom of a 2 layer board.

I also started using their part service, lcsc.com. for the components I buy, they end up being a fraction of the cost of mouser or digikey parts. yes, they tend to be Chinese parts but for my hobbyist stuff it largely doesn't matter.

the nice thing about the boards is that they come fully machined and clean, unlike the oshpark boards which still have the panelizing snapoff bits on them.

i also like the integration with easyeda, it is basically three clicks from schematic -> pcb -> order. they obviously want to make it easy to spend money with them.  ;D

here's a really simple board I did with easyeda and ordered from jlcpcb.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:48:45 am by usagi »

The following users thanked this post: josip

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:59:49 am »
I use them for all my projects. I also buy parts from them (LCSC). Their PCBs are excellent and they have parts "western" vendors dont stock. They have a good range of "western" branded parts too and also Japanese Korean etc which are all the real deal as far as i can tell...

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:59:38 am »
I got my boards yesterday and I am very satisfied with them. I was expecting the silkscreen to be lower quality, but it looks pretty good for the price. Will look at ordering from them again in the future.
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:02:46 pm »
I work with JLCPCB and I love them. The software is intuitive and easy for beginners to take the leap into PCB design and the board house is always quick to get them done and shipped. I like the combined shipping through LCSC as well. I just ordered a new project with a stencil and I am excited to do some reflow work. My next project is going to be a panelized design for various breakout boards and maybe even a new "EE ruler". If you have any questions specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I have also been pondering a new LED-style microscope bezel light. If anyone has an ideas I would love to hear them. 

Offline TheUnnamedNewbie

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »
Here is a picture of one of my boards in the test setup. I designed the board in Altium, not in EasyEDA.

The following users thanked this post: josip

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 08:49:45 pm »
Yes, you can import Altium directly, but I have also converted KICAD and EAGLE files and sent them to JLC with no issues.

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
  • Doing as little as possible, but no less.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 04:27:55 am »
No problems other than they do like to mess with stencils apertures a bit but having said that I haven't had any manufacturing issues with the changes they make...so assume they are making the changes based on experience. I getting quite a collection of free pens ;) and they are very fast.

They seem use the same fab house as "smart prototyping", I ordered from both a few minutes appart and their board marking, packaging etc is 100% identical, and the job number/serial they added to panel frame was only a couple of digits higher.

I wonder how many of these places use the same manufacturer. Maybe time for a sticky list.

Offline hcglitte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 03:39:15 pm »
Seems they have a lot to do now. My design was payed on 26 Feb and they started production today. They claim 96 hours, and that has already passed... My boards should have been with DHL now.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 04:36:23 pm »
Seems they have a lot to do now. My design was payed on 26 Feb and they started production today.

The orders always pile up at this time of the year due to Chinese New Year which only finished 10 days or so ago.

Pray that it was Chinese New Year that delayed your order.

The only other time orders get delayed like this is when they send your files off to their engineers to "modify the Gerbers" to meet their standard manufacturing clearances etc. If this has happened, the boards you get back may well not be usable.

I'm speaking from experience. I placed an order through EasyEDA (so the boards were made by JLC PCB). They did not like the Gerbers & instead of coming back to me, sent the whole lot off to their engineering department for modification. This added another week to the order.

To give JLC PCB credence, they are remaking the boards for me after an agreement between us was struck. The boards we received were unusable.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 05:17:33 pm »
DerekG, can you include a bit more detail. Were the traces you laid too close to an edge or track widths too thin or was there something about the board they were not equipped to do? I am working on a panelized layout and had to refer to their guidelines section but the "do's and dont's" were pretty clear.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 06:01:07 pm »
DerekG, can you include a bit more detail.

I layed out some complex polygon planes on the copper layers. Polygon planes are generated by laying down multiple lines next to each other. With the chosen apertures that JLC PCB wished to work with, some very small gaps were detected (0.1mil). They then sent the files off to their engineering department who decided to make all the gaps very much larger (ie increased them to their minimum manufacturing track to pad clearance which is 6 mils from memory). This separated the pads from the tracks rendering the boards useless.

If the chosen apertures and the 0.1mil clearance was left unaltered, the manufacturing process would have left all the copper properly connected.

Note for those in metric countries: 1mil = 1 thousandths of an inch.

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 07:45:37 pm »
@ DerekG: Thanks mate. I hope you understand my question was out of curiosity and in no way an attempt to be critical. Maybe you can help with another issue. Do you  know what the instructions set/ protocol is to get the board-house to leave a guard trace exposed instead of coated with solder mask? I labelled the PCB and in the comments section I clearly told them the this "NET_X" was a guard trace and that I did not want it to be masked. Maybe I didn't adhere to the protocol? I ended up using a dremel to clear the thin trace and all is well, but if you have some pointers I would be grateful.   

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 07:53:28 pm »
If you don't want mask on a trace.. put an opening in the mask layer. Like anywhere else you don't have mask.

The following users thanked this post: mrpackethead

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 11:53:26 pm »
@ DerekG: Thanks mate. I hope you understand my question was out of curiosity and in no way an attempt to be critical.

No worries. I now know what to look for & so will keep an eye out in my future designs. I've learnt to always examine the magnified Gerbers very carefully before sending them to the board shop.

I labelled the PCB and in the comments section I clearly told them the this "NET_X" was a guard trace and that I did not want it to be masked.

OK, I'm quite sure this is what has delayed your board. The staff in the front shop of the board house are monkey see-monkey do type people. Everything has to be "usual" for the order to progress through their system at the usual speed. As soon as there are some "extra instructions", the project goes off to their engineers & this often delays the job by some 5 to 10 days.

Do you  know what the instructions set/ protocol is to get the board-house to leave a guard trace exposed instead of coated with solder mask?

As mentioned by Monkeh above, add a trace on the solder mask layer where you want the opened track. You can confirm you have done this correctly by examining the Gerber (once generated).

If using Altium, move to the (say) bottom solder mask, then use the keyboard short cuts "P" (for Place) then "L" (for Line). This is different to placing signal tracks which is "P" (for Place) then "T" (for Track).

In packagers such as DipTrace, just lay a track down in the usual way when on the Solder Mask Layer.

I often open up the solder mask on bottom layer tracks if I want to increase their current carrying abilities. Doing this ensures a layer of solder is layed on top of the copper during the wave soldering process.

Offline hcglitte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:18 am »
Received my boards and stencil.
They modified my apertures and even added some extra apertures below an IC since they probably thought I had forgotten them.
This annoys me so much I have no words. How on earth can I communicate to them that they are not do ANYTHING to my stencil design files???

Offline sixtimesseven

• Frequent Contributor
    • Flickr
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 04:40:03 pm »
I ordered a 4-Layer board from them (early 2017) but I wasn't too impressed with their quality. Soldermask was of and had kind of scratches across the board in the mask. I sent them the pictures and they refunded the purchase. I didn't order from them again.

I frequently order form Elecrow / Aisler and have ordered a couple of times from dirtypcb and allpcb. They all worked fine so far. Elecrow is great since they allow a fair bit of customisation, V-Cuts etc. for free and have very quick technical support. Aisler is particularly great for customer projects since the dark green solder mask and thick gold plating looks very professional :) All PCB is cheap and fabricates even 4-Layer in 2 days (3-4 tops) and ship ""for free"" via DHL which is great if you compare that with the "express" services from the competition.

Offline hcglitte

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 12:49:20 pm »
I know got a definitive answer from them.

If you add your paste layer file together with the PCB files and click "add stencil to PCB" then they will ignore your paste file and generate their own based on the other gerber data (!)

If you place a separate stencil order with just the paste layer file, then they print it without any modifications.
It could even be good to rename that file completely I would guess...

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »
No problems other than they do like to mess with stencils apertures a bit but having said that I haven't had any manufacturing issues with the changes they make...so assume they are making the changes based on experience. I getting quite a collection of free pens ;) and they are very fast.

They seem use the same fab house as "smart prototyping", I ordered from both a few minutes appart and their board marking, packaging etc is 100% identical, and the job number/serial they added to panel frame was only a couple of digits higher.

I wonder how many of these places use the same manufacturer. Maybe time for a sticky list.

smart prototyping are an agent company so they will order from whichever manufacturer they think is a good match for your order while giving them a good margin. Seems they use JLC PCB as one of their factories to order from (personally I prefer ordering directly from a PCB factory since that makes quality / service a little more repeatable, in theory).

Offline katy201607

• Contributor
    • www.pcbgogo.com
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 12:58:55 pm »
it seems 2 USD for 10pcs PCB? how about the freight?
Professional Electronic Engineer from PCBGOGO
www.pcbgogo.com

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 01:54:42 pm »
Can you use them with CircuitMaker? directly or should I export from CM then upload files?

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:34 am »
more notes:

I just replicated the input PCB for the Keithley 228 Source Meter in EasyEda.com (its public so check it out) and ordered the boards from JLCPCB.com. Just $2 for 10 boards with "gold fingers" (card edge board) and DHL was about $19USD. They should be here within a couple days. I also ordered a couple SMD breakouts with stencil that are here now. I'll post a video about it (hopefully) tomorrow.

If you have several boards in your cart, you can get the 1st batch of, up to 10, PCB's for just $2, then each batch of PCBS thereafter is just $5. IMHO, its well worth it to send 3-4 gerbers in one order and get them all shipped at the same time, for the ~19USD flat rate. You can also get free shipping if you order the BOM via LCSC.com, their parts store, during promotion periods.

The default QTY is always 5, but if the board is small (less than 100x100) you can usually get 10 for the same price. Also gold fingers are free (just learned this one). You can "panelize" small PCBS yourself and still get them for $2. I did this with the SMD breakouts.

The solder mask layer is automatically generated, and not an option in the layers tool. So we cannot alter it to, lets say, leave a guard trace exposed. I am looking into this more now. I used the "pads tool" (adjusted in the sub-menu) to get exposed copper tracks and it worked well.

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 06:19:15 pm »
The default QTY is always 5, but if the board is small (less than 100x100) you can usually get 10 for the same price. Also gold fingers are free (just learned this one). You can "panelize" small PCBS yourself and still get them for $2. I did this with the SMD breakouts.

How do you separate the "panels"?
Do you add "scoring lines" and they V-Cut them for you?
I want to submit something possibly similar but i really dont know how.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 08:10:07 pm »
How do you separate the "panels"?

The boards are effectively "scoured" in a similar way to using a pizza cutter, with the exception that the board is cut with a scouring wheel on both sides. You carefully flex the boards (circuits) back & forth until they separate at the scour line. It is best not to place components too close to the edge of the board (particularly SMD components) as they may break (or the solder "cracks") during this flexing process.

Do you add "scoring lines" and they V-Cut them for you?

Not normally. You can panelise the boards together yourself, or leave it to the board shop to do (you need to instruct them of course that you want them panelised).

I want to submit something possibly similar but i really dont know how.

You can only V-groove square & rectangular boards. The scouring is done across the panel "edge to edge". The board manufacturer will simply lay each circuit (pcb) right next the the previous one with no space left between them.

V-grooving is rather imprecise with a +-0.5mm tolerance quite usual. We use it wherever possible as it holds all the circuits together for SMD paste stenciling, robot loading & wave soldering.

Replicate the SMD paste stencil to match the panelised boards of course :)

The following users thanked this post: soubitos

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 11:56:18 pm »
I know what panels are etc...
How do you submit panels to JLCPCB (which i am using) without using their own option and without paying extra (ie 4 pcb in one 10x10 board) esp if they are different designs?
I recall they mention somewhere you can submit different designs in one pcb but as ONE whole pcb, they say you can separate them by silkscreen lines and cut them out by yourself.. that is why i asked...

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:26 am »
I did this. No v-grooves so I had to score and snap or use my dremel. No issues at all.

edit: since the total layout was less than 100x100, I was able to order 10 of these, or 60 total breakouts for just $2.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:36:32 am by Inverted18650 »

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 12:50:34 am »
I did this. No v-grooves so I had to score and snap or use my dremel. No issues at all.

edit: since the total layout was less than 100x100, I was able to order 10 of these, or 60 total breakouts for just $2.

They arrived to you like this?? .... or?

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 12:57:08 am »

They shouldn't charge panelizing fee anyways if the patterns are the same.
They only charge panelizing fee for different designs.

I think... they charge if they need to v-score or otherwise make the "10x10" separated.

These are my Joule Thief Night Lights. I ordered 10 "panels" each with 3x5 pcb all under 10x10 total.
They asked for 15$ extra which i didnt pay in the end as i explained to them i would need to spend more than that to go to the bank, deposit, transfer, pay fees etc etc etc... (that is the case really!!!)

So they did it for 2$ but i ordered other pcb and parts and have done so ever since, this was one of my very first with them

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:29 pm »
The photos are of the PCB's and stencil that arrived. (I took the pics myself). If I wanted them to panelize the boards for me, I would have just done one small PCB in the original file, and then chose panelize at checkout and ticked the boxes to tell them the layout I wanted (QTY of rows and columns). This is where the panelize fee originates. If you have more than one design, i.e. more thanone PCB, then its an additional fee as well.

new: I am having an issue with getting "gold fingers" for my card edge board. I sent the gerber like normal and chose the "gold finger" option at checkout. They replied stating that I cannot use the 'HASL' coating and get gold fingers too. I must choose the 'ENIG-RoHS' and they will gold plate the entire board. The cost is $20, or $2 per board, instead of $2 for the batch of 10. Well worth it for this project, but I wasted a week chatting with them.

Offline katy201607

• Contributor
    • www.pcbgogo.com
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 02:25:52 am »
scoring line, stamp holes, or tabs will be okay
Professional Electronic Engineer from PCBGOGO
www.pcbgogo.com

Offline Sudo_apt-get_install_yum

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 06:53:17 am »
I’ve used JLC PCB quite a lot lately but I have only used it for porotype development at work, in total I’ve got just under 100 PCB's from them and all of them fit within the 100x100 size and are two layers (2$ deal but 5xPCB's). The boards are jam-packed but aren’t too complex and I’m generally quite happy with the results however there are a few things that I’m not too happy with.

The FR4 material feels much lower quality than other manufacturers.
The silkscreen is always off by a little witch is annoying when using small footprints.
When getting internal parts milled it’s not always a guarantee that they will mill it even though it’s contained within the milling Gerber files and a side note is written in the order. I ordered two boards with slots for cables, both were the same board (V1 and V2) the V1 came out fine but the V2 had a the slots missing (using the same board and cam processor). I also had problems with DC barrel jack plated through hole, when getting square holes I had to mill the inside; I’ve used the same Gerber files for Osch Park and got flawless PCB's but when ordering from JLC they never milled them even though it fit within their specifications.

I’ve had a little hit and miss with JLC but if the boards aren’t too complex they usually come out pretty good, but boy are they cheap.
Can definitely recommend them!

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2018, 05:46:02 am »
I've had my most recent order get to China border and then DHL has marked it as 'Return to Shipper'. I phoned DHL but they couldn't tell me 'why' it was returned.

Will be interesting how long it takes to get resolved. Typical that it happens when there is a tightish schedule.

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2018, 06:49:24 am »
I've had my most recent order get to China border and then DHL has marked it as 'Return to Shipper'. I phoned DHL but they couldn't tell me 'why' it was returned.

It is probably because the export paperwork was not filled in correctly.

Offline nsd_c

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 05:48:16 am »
Does anyone know under what conditions JLC PCB offers free shipping? A few months ago, I bought 10 boards just under 100x100mm for a "special offer" price of $2 + $18 for ENIG and got free shipping (~18 USD to the continental US).

Today, I tried to place an order and found that their site was down for most of the day, throwing 500 & 502 HTTP errors frequently. However, I was able to get far enough in the ordering process (which would have been around 5AM in China on Saturday at the time) to see that shipping was free... but I wasn't able to actually place the order. Fast-forward to later (around noon in China on Saturday), and on re-visiting the order page, boom, no free shipping available anymore.

Is this perhaps something that goes away on weekends...? Should I consider waiting until Monday to place an order...? Is there any info on this anywhere...?

Btw, that order contained two boards, one 2.75"x3.75", the other 1.5x2.5". For some reason, the first (larger) board was $2, but the second was $5-ish. Why is this??? I don't understand JLC PCB's mystery pricing model.

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2018, 07:24:13 am »
There is a promo offering i think 25$ discount on shipping for your first order only.
They charge 2$ for your first item ordered up to 10pcs 10x10cm pcbs then 5$ for up to 10pcs 10x10cm.
If you order 2 pcbs you will pay 2+5+shipping. 

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2018, 07:48:03 am »
Ordered some boards about two weeks ago. Will post outcome here.

Their site was down yesterday for a bit.

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2018, 08:53:09 am »
I've placed two orders with them and good results both times.  They ship DHL which costs more than the boards usually(~18$ US), so it's best to order several types of boards at the same time if you can.  They do combine orders into one box and one shipment.   Turnaround to here in Philippines is less than two weeks from submission to arrival at my door.
Retired Pulsed Power Engineer/Physicist...now I just dabble in electronics

Offline nsd_c

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 06:13:03 pm »
There is a promo offering i think 25$ discount on shipping for your first order only.

I opened my computer again today to check to see if free shipping would magically re-appear. I had left my browser open to the checkout page, and when I opened my laptop... lo and behold: free shipping! However, when I went to actually check out, I got some error and was punted back to the checkout page. At this stage, I no longer had free shipping. Now the even weirder part: I clicked the 'edit' button on the shipping address, made no changes, clicked save and... free shipping again! So I tried to place the order, and... my invoice shows that I'm being charged for shipping... what? ??? I've sent JLC PCB an e-mail about this, but I'm not sure if I'll even get a response.

I'm not sure how the site could have shown free shipping simply by opening my laptop: I looked at the source of the page, and an AJAX request is used to update shipping prices, which seems only to be triggered by adding/editing an address, so with (presumably) no page refreshes between closing the lid on my laptop the previous night and trying again today...? ???

Also, I'll point out that, with this account, this is the first order I am placing, and I have tried ordering only one item (with no prior orders placed) to find that I would be charged shipping.

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 01:47:44 am »

I opened my computer again today to check to see if free shipping would magically re-appear. I had left my browser open to the checkout page, and when I opened my laptop... lo and behold: free shipping! However, when I went to actually check out, I got some error and was punted back to the checkout page. At this stage, I no longer had free shipping. Now the even weirder part: I clicked the 'edit' button on the shipping address, made no changes, clicked save and... free shipping again! So I tried to place the order, and... my invoice shows that I'm being charged for shipping... what? ??? I've sent JLC PCB an e-mail about this, but I'm not sure if I'll even get a response.

I'm not sure how the site could have shown free shipping simply by opening my laptop: I looked at the source of the page, and an AJAX request is used to update shipping prices, which seems only to be triggered by adding/editing an address, so with (presumably) no page refreshes between closing the lid on my laptop the previous night and trying again today...? ???

Also, I'll point out that, with this account, this is the first order I am placing, and I have tried ordering only one item (with no prior orders placed) to find that I would be charged shipping.

Even with the shipping it's still a good deal.  Before i was using Bay Area Circuits in the US.  Great quality but shipping was more expensive and total turn-around was typically 6-8 weeks due to EMS shipping being so slow here in philippines...plus I had to go to the post office to pick up the package.   With JLC, turn around is typically 2 weeks, shipping is less and it arrives at my door.    Quality is still good.   JLC has my business.

Offline nsd_c

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 02:44:21 am »
Even with the shipping it's still a good deal.

You're not wrong... with shipping, I paid about $60 for 2 boards, one 1.5x2.5", the other 2.75x3.75", which from PCBWay was going to cost ~$100 (incl. shipping).

EDIT: I should note that the steep cost was from getting ENIG. (Otherwise, the boards were "normal": 1 oz copper, 1.6 mil FR-4, white stencil, green soldermask.)

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 10:29:53 am »
Just got my boards from JLCPCB. Good deal. Really nice boards. Went for cheapest green HASL boards. No registration or drilling errors. Clean edges (no panelization marks like oshpark). No residue. Fine traces perfectly defined with no bending or lifting. Plating in holes looks good too. Really nice job actually.

Only problem - I needed one. Now I have 10 :D

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2018, 04:11:10 am »
I just placed my third order with JLC today.  Five different boards, one 4 layer the rest 2 layer.   Total cost $49 plus shipping of $20.  So $69 delivered for 50 boards (5 different types).  I can remember when getting 2 prototype boards would cost you hundreds of dollars.   Quote was 5 day fab time, plus DHL shipping puts them in my hands in less than 2 weeks.     

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 06:43:40 am »
I've used them a few times and service has been good, but just checked status on a recent order and it is showing "Cancel" - I've had no explanation - just emailed to query and the email bounced
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 07:16:04 am »
Just checked and they refunded my card payment a day after the order AND DIDN'T TELL ME!
I was just about to place another 3 orders today. Guess where I won't be senting those...

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 07:18:04 am »
That’s pretty crap. Please let us know if you find out why.

I was going to use them for a prototype soon but now I’m not so sure.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 11:23:33 am »
They emailed claiming they did email me with an issue in the files but pretty sure I didn't get it, though possible it looked like Chinese spam..

Moral - if urgent, check order status!

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2018, 01:25:01 pm »
They just cancelled another order, due to too many routed slots. Bye Bye JLCPCB

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »
So basically they only want the cheap and easy jobs.  :palm:

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2018, 01:33:35 pm »
So basically they only want the cheap and easy jobs.  :palm:
Which would be fine if they had the option to pay more for trickier PCBs.
I have a few coming from ALLPCB, if they are OK I'll give them this one.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2018, 01:51:32 pm »
Let us know how that goes. I need a cheap board house. Have been shafted by OSHpark enough now.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2018, 08:45:57 am »
I've had good service in the past from JLC,and their online gerber viewer is excellent  (takes a while of complex big panels but usually gets there - way faster than Eurocircuits')
May use them again but only for more standard PCBs.

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2018, 09:06:50 am »
i'm a fan of easyeda, jlcpcb is an all too easy choice. especially since oshpark is more expensive and takes 3+ weeks.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:42 am »
i'm a fan of easyeda, jlcpcb is an all too easy choice. especially since oshpark is more expensive and takes 3+ weeks.

How much time does JLCPCB takes to deliver to you?

For me in Jordan, Chinese stuff from Aliexpress needs 3-4 weeks to arrive.

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2018, 10:32:23 am »

4 days.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2018, 11:24:37 am »

4 days.

What?! 4 days from China to USA?? is this Super Sayian shipping or something??

I thought it is like aliexpress\banggood which takes a lot of time in regular mail... there is gotta be something wrong here. Either you use fast shipping method (pricey) or....?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »
JLCPCB was 15 days to me in UK

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2018, 05:53:04 pm »
JLCPCB was 15 days to me in UK
with DHL or Registered Airmail?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2018, 06:18:19 pm »
Registered air mail. I’m a cheap ass :)

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2018, 06:37:43 pm »

4 days.

What?! 4 days from China to USA?? is this Super Sayian shipping or something??

I thought it is like aliexpress\banggood which takes a lot of time in regular mail... there is gotta be something wrong here. Either you use fast shipping method (pricey) or....?

DHL, ~$18 per order regardless of order size.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2018, 10:01:48 pm »
2 layer boards fairly consistently one week to the UK from JLC. 4L a day or two longer.
Via DHL
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:33:09 am by mikeselectricstuff »

Offline zaboy

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:01 am »
He produced PCB from them https://jlcpcb.com/ A very good quality

Offline ivoras

• Contributor
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2018, 08:01:01 pm »
I've made a ton of small projects with them and so far absolutely everything has been perfect!

For me, what makes it the best choice is convenience: they've integrated the schematic+PCB editor (EasyEDA), the PCB manufacturing service and the parts shop (LCSC, https://lcsc.com/) all in one. So you can make your schematic, make a PCB out of it, order it manufactured and order the parts for it so they ship in the same box as the PCBs. Yup, I'm lazy like that.

I've mostly used the "regular post shipping" method because I'm fine with waiting approx. 2 weeks for the package, so far not a single problem here, would recommend.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:09 pm »
Main thing for me was the price and the Gerber preview wasn’t a hunk of shit

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2018, 11:56:16 pm »
Just checked and they refunded my card payment a day after the order AND DIDN'T TELL ME!
I was just about to place another 3 orders today. Guess where I won't be senting those...

Same thing, after wasting four days.

Also, they've raised a lot of technical concerns over easy boards which other manufacturers have always done without any issues. :-//

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2018, 02:57:42 pm »
Received order from ALLPCB, all looks good.
Sent another couple of jobs with lots of routing and they said there would be an extra charge, which is OK, much better than just cancelling

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2018, 12:57:55 am »

About 7 days for last order here in philippines...I use the default DHL shipping which ads $19 to the total order.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 08:10:26 am »
I'm now pretty much done with JLC except maybe the odd prototype. They just bounce anything that needs any significant amount of routing.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 08:30:34 am »
Interestingly I just had one bounced Tuesday which went through fine last time. There were some minor bugs fixed on the board and nothing else. No major changes.

I think this is arbitrary based on who reviews the board.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2018, 12:49:56 pm »
They contacted me offering sponsorship for my channel! they said free pcbs and money.

May I ask if you know... how much money do they offer? what is the form of support? per video or what?

You can PM me if you want.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2018, 09:07:01 pm »
They contacted me offering sponsorship for my channel! they said free pcbs and money.

May I ask if you know... how much money do they offer? what is the form of support? per video or what?

Chinese companies generally want way too much for what they are prepared to pay
A few free $2 PCBs doesn't cover much of your time

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2018, 09:15:43 pm »

Chinese companies generally want way too much for what they are prepared to pay
A few free $2 PCBs doesn't cover much of your time

I just want to know what they offered for other youtubers.

They messaged me on facebook saying they will provide money and free pcbs. So I wonder how much money? and how much pcbs?

Online bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2018, 01:29:14 pm »

They messaged me on facebook saying they will provide money and free pcbs. So I wonder how much money? and how much pcbs?
Try to ping directly e.g. GreatScott! (https://www.youtube.com/user/greatscottlab) and/or Julian Ilett (https://www.youtube.com/user/julius256)

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2018, 08:07:10 pm »

Try to ping directly e.g. GreatScott! (https://www.youtube.com/user/greatscottlab) and/or Julian Ilett (https://www.youtube.com/user/julius256)

I don't think they will answer, I am sure they have tons of emails. Worth the try though. I thought we have one here that has same experience.

Offline Phoxtane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2018, 05:26:42 am »
I ordered some boards from JLCPCB on the 16th (May 2018). I suspect they'll arrive sometime this week, but until they do I won't be able to comment on their quality and such. My boss at work suspects that they won't show up, but I suspect he's wrong!

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 08:06:13 am »
Although i am a solid supporter of JLCPCB and have placed more than 20 orders with them over a 5-6 months period plus i buy most of the parts from LCSC which is the same company really, my recent experience with them is totally disappointing. Not in terms of quality of pcb or anything else but for their complete inability to follow shipping instructions. Long story sort, in order to avoid customs and delays due to customs etc, i decided to place my last order in 5-6 parts making sure each part had a prototype PCB and a few parts with total value of no more than 25$ which is the tax free limit. Indeed two such ordered arrived last week, faster than usual and without customs.
Now, you might wonder why the hell would i like to pay more in shipping and split a 100$ order into 5-6 25$ segments. It is simple.. customs clearance fee is 15 Euro for anything above 25$ it was less than a month ago when i paid 21 euro for a 29$ order from JLCPCB/LCSC... and this was declared for less than 20$ but customs asked for payment receipt/invoice so i paid 80% of its value in customs clearance fee and 24% vat.
I send them several emails asking them to make sure the pcb/parts orders ship out as ordered with actual declared value or the parts value at least so when requested, i can present matching payment statement and invoice to customs and get my order as soon as possible.
JLCPCB at some point prior to shipping my orders and despite assuring me all was going to be ok, told me they were going to ship all pcbs in one package and all parts in another which i refused right away explaining to them that i purposely paid extra in shipping and place my orders this way in order to avoid customs hustle.
They responded telling me they understand and a few days later i got a tracking number for each shipment.
I waited and last week i received the first two packages without any problems, tax free as expected.. Even if customs requested proof of value, i would have emailed them actual data and only loose a few days in customs.

But i noticed the rest of the tracking numbers but one did not trace ...
I emailed them only to find out they actually packaged all pcb and all parts together and as far as they tell me put actual declared value on them...
So, i paid some 10-20$ extra shipping to avoid customs and i will have to pay at least 60 euro in customs clearance fees and taxes.

On top of that they "play" me with emails not offering any actual help or solution.. Honestly, had i not needed thos pcbs and parts and had i not had orderes pending with some of these parts, i would act differently.
But the point is, customs requested payment statements and invoice for the first package which arrived in Athens last week. I dont know the declared value jlcpcb does not tell me since Friday and i dont see getting this damn package before next week....

Offline Phoxtane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2018, 06:57:07 pm »
My boards have arrived:

They're certainly not as high quality as the OSH Park boards, but they're good enough for what I need, and the electrical connections seem to be in order.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2018, 06:17:48 am »
Does anyone here try DHL shipping from them? I did since it is a sponsorship.

I wanted to know about customs. Does your package arrive at the post office just like any other package? or does it arrive at DHL office (which is not inside post office building)?

I read people say DHL pays customs for you already then you pay it once you take your package, is it correct?

Either way I hope they don't charge much since it is 2$ package anyway.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2018, 11:06:29 am »
Long story sort, in order to avoid customs and delays due to customs etc, i decided to place my last order in 5-6 parts making sure each part had a prototype PCB and a few parts with total value of no more than 25$ which is the tax free limit.
I don't mean to downplay your experience or frustration, but could you just submit orders over a period of time such that they'd be shipped separately anyway? Or submit orders with different shipping addresses. (Subtle differences in addresses that would result in all the packages being delivered to the same physical place, but not combinable by a computer/automated algorithm?) Or use different accounts [which makes it a pain to chase down re-orders, but I'm guessing that's a corner case of sorts).

I face the opposite problem: I don't want to pay $20 every spin for every board, so I want to batch up orders to ship together. (It's hard to beat the cheap out of me.)

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2018, 11:44:05 am »
Long story sort, in order to avoid customs and delays due to customs etc, i decided to place my last order in 5-6 parts making sure each part had a prototype PCB and a few parts with total value of no more than 25$ which is the tax free limit.
I don't mean to downplay your experience or frustration, but could you just submit orders over a period of time such that they'd be shipped separately anyway? Or submit orders with different shipping addresses. (Subtle differences in addresses that would result in all the packages being delivered to the same physical place, but not combinable by a computer/automated algorithm?) Or use different accounts [which makes it a pain to chase down re-orders, but I'm guessing that's a corner case of sorts).

I face the opposite problem: I don't want to pay $20 every spin for every board, so I want to batch up orders to ship together. (It's hard to beat the cheap out of me.)

How much customs do you pay? and how many boards?

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2018, 11:56:19 am »
In Greece and in EU (since this is EU directive) all items over 22 euro/25$ are taxable. Hellenic Post charges 15 euro customs clearance fee plus 25% VAT on top of total value of the package incl shipping cost. Last time for 29$ value i paid 20+ euro.. when the declared value is under the taxable limit, they sometimes ask for payment statement and invoice otherwise, if declared value is over the limit you pay 15 euro no matter what and on top of that 24% vat... point is for remote areas like the one i live, they dont take the declared value as taxable value but usually add 50% to it... You can dispute it and send them proof of value etc but this means they can open the package and scrutinize the contents (ie you buy a DMM from an online store abroad on sale with coupon and save 50% total.. you pay say 50$... if they can find the same DMM in a local store online with a price tag 50% over the price you'd pay before the discount, they will then ask you to pay based on the higher price they can find, eliminating your effort to locate the bargain price)...

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:40 pm »

My choice is either to order everything and as much as i can in one order combined shipping and all which means upon delivery i pay 15 euro and 24% vat on top of whatever price customs see fit for the package usually up to 50% over declared value and dispute this for an added couple weeks and possible rejection of the dispute if they can find higher prices online for similar or same items or, split order to no more than 25$ actual value then send them proof of said value if they want verification otherwise packages arrive tax free and much sooner

This i did with my last 6-7 orders from jlcpcb/lcsc and although i emailed them several times to make sure they are shipped as ordered and with declared value that i could match with payment statements and invoices if needed, they told me they wanted to combine them which i denied and they even acknowledged to ship as instructed and ordered. Instead they issues tracking numbers for each order but still combined them in two packages with declared values i cannot match... First package they declared for 2.05$ ... customs are not idiots.. i send them two matching statements/invoices and was lucky enough to have them release it today but i dont know for sure its tax free or what.. second package worth 56$ they declared for 50$.. i am sure i cannot present matching statements/invoices and in any way i will pay at least 30 euro and perhaps more... had jlcpcb followed not my instructions but shipped the orders as they got them (and i paid extra shipping this way) there would be no reason to discuss this now...

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15:50 pm »
had jlcpcb followed not my instructions but shipped the orders as they got them (and i paid extra shipping this way) there would be no reason to discuss this now...
100% agree! Not trying to "defend" JLC here. I'm just trying to figure out things that are under you control that might provide ways that you can get what you want at an attractive price.

I agree that you shouldn't "have to", but it's often a lot easier to change something on your end than to convince a company to change something on their end reliably.

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2018, 12:20:47 pm »
had jlcpcb followed not my instructions but shipped the orders as they got them (and i paid extra shipping this way) there would be no reason to discuss this now...
100% agree! Not trying to "defend" JLC here. I'm just trying to figure out things that are under you control that might provide ways that you can get what you want at an attractive price.

I agree that you shouldn't "have to", but it's often a lot easier to change something on your end than to convince a company to change something on their end reliably.
All they had to do was ship my orders aa ordered and paid for.... they not only combined shipments but they did so even after i denied it and insisted on them shipping as ordered. This is not me trying to change them but sinply asking them to fulfill my orders as paid for

Offline Del Tapparo

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2018, 01:47:27 pm »
Yes! So far all bad !

I sent them a Gerber file that was originally made in ExpressPCB. In that system, I had used the silkscreen layer for some notes, and one component had a silkscreen outside of the board outline. They told me the board outline wouldn't work. I spent more $$$ with ExpressPCB (which is an outstanding company by the way) to fix it in their system. Sent the new Gerber. They still say they can't make it. So I sent the same Gerber file to PCBway ... no problem. PCBway made the boards and delivered in 14 days.

So I gave JLCPCB another chance and ordered a board created in their easyEDA system. By the way, they claim free shipping on your first order, but it isn't! I have now been waiting 6 weeks for my boards. They claim 2-4 weeks via their "Airmail". I doubt that I will ever see them.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2018, 02:31:19 pm »
JLC PCB are the first Chinese manufacturer I have used, just for two small designs but I am pleased with the service so far.
The online order process is simple enough and the online gerber viewer works quite well.
I used the DHL service, which essentially means a total cost of about GBP20 for 10 boards under 10x10cm, double sided.

Given that the boards have arrived in 6 days (including weekend days) to the UK, I think they are great value.

I have no connection to JLC other than being a happy customer and have not been incentivised to write this.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 02:39:00 pm »
User Vegeta was asking about DHL -

DHL deliver to your door, tracking works very well.
For UK there are no extra fees/import duties or VAT if goods are declared under GBP39. So, no worries for the JLC PCB double sided 10x10cm shipped by DHL option.
http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/customs_support/duties_taxes/duties_taxes_receivers.html
In both shipments I have had, JLC PCB made the declaration in USD as per price I paid (so don't expect them to declare under value).

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2018, 05:14:50 pm »
User Vegeta was asking about DHL -

DHL deliver to your door, tracking works very well.
For UK there are no extra fees/import duties or VAT if goods are declared under GBP39. So, no worries for the JLC PCB double sided 10x10cm shipped by DHL option.
http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/customs_support/duties_taxes/duties_taxes_receivers.html
In both shipments I have had, JLC PCB made the declaration in USD as per price I paid (so don't expect them to declare under value).

Actually I never paid for the boards since it is a support for my channel.

So can I tell JLCPCB to declare the value on the package? if so, then would it help avoid customs?

I am in Jordan and it is the first time I ever use DHL.

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »
Got my first ever created PCB today, that I made with EasyEDA.

I do not have much experience, but I like the quality. The finer silkscreen is somewhat hard to read, but it is only about 1.5mm high and still readable, so i am quite happy with that. (It looked bigger in the Software ;)).
They placed the manufacturing code quite smart in my opinion, it is placed within the silk outline of a connector, so it will be invisible after assembly. And finally, what I especially like is that the boards are all fully routed.  :-+ That surprised me the most to be honest.
Shipping was incredibly fast, faster than some packages within germany take. I ordered on friday afternoon last week, they shipped on tuesday and the package arrived this thursday morning, so less that 6 days in total.
Interesting is that the package was declared with the proper roughly 42$ I paid, but it went through customs without problems, and I did not have to pay anything. Normally DHL collects on delivery as far as i know.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2018, 01:20:15 pm »
For you DHL experts:

I now have the shipment number at DHL and delivery date is 5-June-2018. However, will it be delivered to my home address or DHL local office? I put my home address but I am not there, I reside in south for work and only get back once a month.

So if DHL wanted to deliver to my home (which only has my mother in it now) and they didn't find me or contacted me and I told them so... what happens? will they put it in their local office so I can get it at any time?

Also, what about customs and charges?

As for JLCPCB, they are the ones that issued the shipment so I wonder if DHL asks for the total price of the shipment at that time... so when it comes they already know it is low value and government customs won't interfere that much. Because they always have to investigate the shipments to decide... and here we start to describe the damn item to them and they argue a lot to make you feel that they "let you go this time" because they are nice and you are bad...

or should I open a general discussion thread?

Offline Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2018, 03:34:24 pm »
I have no idea about your local regulations, a lot of what DHL does is likely guided by those.
Generally, if you buy from a proper seller internationally, the contents and the value of the package, including shipping, are declared on an invoice that is visible from outside the package. So any customs processing does not have to open the package. Of course they may still do a closer inspection for whatever reason. Cheap chinese sellers often declare the contents as gift with a value below the customs threshold. JLCPCB declared correctly.

In Germany, if there is any customs duty you have to pay, DHL generally does that for you. But that service comes at a price: DHL takes a fee of around 10 euro you have to pay when the package is delivered, in addition to the customs fee of course ;)

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2018, 03:41:04 am »
So if DHL wanted to deliver to my home (which only has my mother in it now) and they didn't find me or contacted me and I told them so... what happens? will they put it in their local office so I can get it at any time?

when i receive the jlcpcb shipping notice, I get a link to the DHL shipping tracker. there is an option to electronically release signature so they leave at my doorstep while I am away at work.

Offline mac.6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:24 pm »
JLPCB issue a bill to DHL with real amount, no fraud here, so DHL will ask you the import duty and (a hefty) amount of fee.
DHL now give you a link to pay them before delivery, be sure to print out pdf before paying, because you will not have links after (been here, done that...).

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2018, 03:38:22 pm »
A tour of JLC's factory

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2018, 10:33:15 am »
That guy is a good presenter. Impressed at the view count of 123K views in a day - for a PCB factory video :o

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE biz & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »
Hi all,

Didn't know this.

Shizhou Chen replied to my comment/question on the Strange Parts YT video:-
"elecrow pcb from jlcpcb fab"

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Manufacturer of the PDVS2mini & author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website & Online Shop: www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline Spark-Doctor

• Contributor
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2018, 06:42:38 pm »
This is the info you get when you place an order with them

Offline Aircheese

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2018, 09:57:47 am »
Hi All,

It is exciting that this "manufacturer" has finally provided overseas service.
I have been using JLC since my first PCB design back to 2010 when i was a first year university student, of course, in China.

A quotation marks of manufacturer more or less showing JLC is some different PCB manufacturer from others.
Back in 2010, he was only focus on sampling and small size productions. The way the make PCB is different from traditional PCB manufacturers.
The price was already acceptable to build some stuff for someone like me with very limited living budgets.

The price in that time is: 2 layers, under 5x5 CM, 10 pieces,  100RMB (13USD/ 7GBP) + shipping (22RMB, next day delivery), 3 days for manufacturing.
When i was graduated in 2014: they provided 4 layers 10x10cm  PCB with same price (100RMB) as above. And 2 layer cost only 50RMB.

I built a 350mm Quadcopter fully with PCB for my graduate project (attaches).
The structure is consisted by only 3 different 10 x 10 cm PCB pieces, and they costed only 150RMB.

However, the most improvement should be the capabilities instead of the manufacturing time or the cost.
They was only able to build 0.3mm holes, 6mil wire / 6mil clearance, no BGA, no impedance guarantee, 4 layers.
But now they have 0.2mm, 3.5mil/3.5mil, BGA, impedance guarantee, 6 layers, and event SMT
Note: The impedance and SMT are only available to Chinese quoting website. There are less options on English website.
If you want to check, please use any translating service: https://www.sz-jlc.com/home/index.html

Regards,
Aircheese
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:20:01 am by Aircheese »

Offline cellularmitosis

• Supporter
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2018, 10:33:26 pm »
Haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I started using JLCPCB and wanted to chime in about two things:

1) I'm still using the "old stable" version of KiCAD, and JLCPCB doesn't recognize the edge-cuts gerber file.  It turns out this was just a naming problem -- if you rename that gerber file to use the ".gko" extension, it works as expected.

2) At first I was off-put by the high shipping cost ($2 PCB's but $20 DHL  :--).  However, I realized that you can order several different PCB designs at once and the shipping still seems to be $20 (I'm sure it will start to increase above a certain weight, but I have just ordered 3 designs and it was still $20).  Also, the turn-around time can make it worth the extra cost (ordered on the 22nd, boards in-hand on the 28th!!!).

I'm pretty happy with their 2-layer basic service.
LTZs: KX FX MX CX PX Frank A9 QX

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2018, 01:16:59 am »
@cellular: Yeah, someone mentioned that they ordered five designs and the DHL was the same as one. If you have a bunch, I suppose you could add them until the price changes to see what the threshold is. It must be pretty generous.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline jtronix

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2018, 10:19:04 am »
I got the same shipping issue. after communication with JLCPCB they said  "We will make refund $20.00 to you later and also arrange combine with PCB and stencil to ship together (regarding the price different for combine shipping cost will refund to you also ) "

I don't know whether this people will refund me or not??

anyone face this kind of issue?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:09 pm »
Trying to order to Canada and its only letting me choose DHL as the shipping method ($18). I had no problems using airmail in the past.
To get around this I tried shipping within China, but it won't even let me select a shipping method and adds a $7 surcharge. Usually shipping within china is very cheap, $1-2.

LCSC will still ship airmail at a very slightly marked up price. So they've applied this artificial shipping limit for their own benefit.

edit: OSHpark has free shipping to canada so ended up being a better deal, as the board is very small.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:15:03 pm by thm_w »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2018, 02:05:16 am »
It's eBay style: shipping is a euphemism for non-refundable reserve price.

Offline noras

• Contributor
  • !
    • PCB star page
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2018, 10:08:20 am »
I just had a try to their service and wanted to compare with my original PCB manufacturer (pcbway), which I have been using for more than 3 years. I have tried many other manufacturers on the way. Some of them are cheaper than pcbway, but pcbway's comprehensive service really makes me feel relieved. I have already placed an pcb and stencil order on jlcpcb. the pcb is good,but the stencil seems too thin, and their service rep's English communication needs to be improved, lack of professional customer service. I hope that you can also list what are the pro's and cons of pcbway and jlcpcb. Thanks.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2018, 03:21:01 pm »
I am realy happy with theyr service, and they also sell components that can be shipped together with the PCB, Really a plus

Offline criznach

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2018, 03:47:03 pm »
I had some questions on JLC in the questions forum.  Maybe this would have been a better place to post them.  Anyone?

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/questions-on-jlcpcb/msg1711562/#msg1711562

Offline stmdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »
I've just assembled my first DDR3 design, with a 4-layer 3.5mil/3.5mil PCB from JLC.

The solder-mask alignment wasn't 100%, but good enough for a 0.8mm pitch BGA.

Also, it seems like their E-test isn't bullshit, as one of my boards failed it, and they offered to either re-do the batch, or send the boards that tested OK, and give me a discount on the next order.

As for their stencils, they're "OK". If you don't get the electroplating (more $$), I wouldn't go smaller than 0.35mm holes.

The impedance is a little bit off from what I'd like, but my longest track is 28mm, so it works well enough anyways.

(iMX6ULL + 4Gb DDR @ 528MHz if anyone is wondering)

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2018, 07:43:31 pm »
 I recently did my first-ever PCB, a simple 2 sided through hole thing. I was a little nervous, since this was my first ever PCB, so I spent extra days looking over the Gerber views and comparing to the schematic and checking the schematic six ways to Sunday, but I finally decided the layout matched and it was as good as it was gonna get, so I hit the order button. Amazing how fast they came. They looked fine to me, certainly for hobby purposes. I checked them over, looked like everything was as expected, so I finally assembled one and - it worked!
 It's not much, an Arduino Nano, a ZIF socket, 4 LEDs with dropping resistors, a 16MHz crystal with caps, and a couple of bypass caps, but it's mine, and it works. Now what to do with the 9 extra boards... And off to the next design, this one being quite a bit more complex (maybe not by the standards of many here, but despite an EE degree, the most complex thing I ever designed up til now was my senior lab project, an LED matrix oscilloscope with a chain of LM339 comparators for the vertical and a 555 plus counters for the horizontal and that was all point to point wired, no PCB). I will be using JLCPCB for this one too. Basically a controller for 2 (or 3) servos, with pushbuttons and LED indicators, plus relays (for frog polarity, the servos will operate the points on my model railroad). All controlled with an ATMega 328 (the first project was a programmer for them). Prototyped with an Arduino but the actual circuit will use a plain 328 without all the unnecessary extra parts.

Offline stmdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2018, 07:55:28 pm »
So, I've had very good experiences with JLCPCB (see above), but when ordering my latest PCBs, everything seems to have changed...

I've revised my previous design, but didn't change _anything_ for the DDR routing. Now when I submit my files, they fail review. Tracks too close, drill-holes too small, etc. All on the unchanged parts of the board.

The answers I get from the reviewers and support are "lacking" to say the least, giving me information that directly contradicts their "Capabilities" page, as well as each other.

If it was a smaller actor, I'd say they had changed factories, but as far as I know, JLC has their own factories..

Has anyone experienced the same lately?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:57 pm »
Just had some boards arrive yesterday. No problems at all. Literally identical to the ones I ordered about 2 months ago, minus my fuck ups  :-DD

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2018, 06:22:24 am »
I also ha no problem with my boards. I only wish they offered a simple registered mail  option. For 8 USD for simple mail it could be registered.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline D3f1ant

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2018, 07:51:14 am »
The only problem I had was them rejecting my mouse bites despite having done them the same way for previous orders without a problem. I made the holes one size smaller but IMO they bit to hard to break off now. Anybody want share a perfected over time design?

Offline Domagoj T

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2018, 03:06:36 pm »
So, about a week ago I received my order from JLC. It's just a simple board for daisy chaining shift registers.
I optically inspected a few, and soldered six of them I took from the top of one pile. All six appear to work without any issues. Even though drill/etch registration is not exact, I haven't seen any via holes that are not entirely inside the via copper.
There is some silkscreen smudging that is mostly cleaned by some acetone rubbing (the smudging, not the rest of the silkscreen) and there are some spots and imperfections in soldermask (trapped dust?)
I'm attaching pics.
Small vias under the ICs are 0,4 mm hole with 0,7 mm copper.
Thin traces are 0,254 mm.
ICs are SOIC20L (TPIC6B595).
Decoupling caps are 0603.

Boards are 47 mm x 45 mm, 1,6 mm thick.
I ordered 200 of them, and they arrived 10 days after payment. Cost was $40 for boards + $22 for DHL shipping to Croatia. I also paid $35 for customs, but that is not JLCs fault. :-//
All in all roughly $0,50 per board.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »
Wow, some of those pads are mighty uneven. I haven't seen that before from JLC.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2018, 06:07:59 pm »
The only problem I had was them rejecting my mouse bites despite having done them the same way for previous orders without a problem. I made the holes one size smaller but IMO they bit to hard to break off now. Anybody want share a perfected over time design?
I've always done 0.5mm holes at 0.75mm spacing

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2018, 06:23:09 pm »
Wow, some of those pads are mighty uneven. I haven't seen that before from JLC.

Me neither. The boards I had arrive the other day are totally smooth.

Wonder if they subcontract out any over capacity problems they have.

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2018, 07:47:13 pm »
Did not try JLCPCB yet, but I am quite happy with allpcb as they do not charge for shipping for common orders.
I always look at pcbshopper for best price delivered with quite fast shipping...

Offline Domagoj T

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2018, 08:15:03 pm »
Wow, some of those pads are mighty uneven.
Yes, a good deal of pads are uneven, but the image is a little bit exaggerated. I had a strong light on the side that probably accentuated the unevenness.
Nevertheless, that's another imperfection, that so far is only affecting aesthetics. I had no problems with soldering on those pads.

Over the next few weeks I will be assembling more of the boards and will report back if I find any more issues.

Wonder if they subcontract out any over capacity problems they have.
I had no indication that this was the case. It could be, I have no idea.
I checked my JLC profile and order status. Have a look at the attachment. Step 13 Final inspection was skipped, or at least not marked as done. ;D

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2018, 09:06:55 pm »
Have a look at the attachment. Step 13 Final inspection was skipped, or at least not marked as done. ;D

Aha! That must cost extra. :-DD

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2018, 10:36:32 pm »
I ordered a simple board on 8/31. I needed it fast, so I used UPS. The tracking link didn't work, so I contacted the support (their English is the typical Chinese English, worse than my German English, but  I could understand it). Turns out the number they are using is not the tracking number, but you have to manually open the UPS tracking site, then search for the order number from JLCPCB with the "Track by Reference" option. After a week, the tracking page still said, that only the shipping label was printed, shipping didn't start. I asked the support again, they promised it was shipped, showing me a screenshot of some internal system, which suspiciously looks like they don't use UPS from their company site, but send the PCBs to a shipping company first, which then uses UPS, but they didn't confirm this.

After some more days they responded that UPS had a problem with my address, which was not a problem for any other company so far. I answered to the support that the address is right. After another day the support answered that the phone number was wrong (I admit that I entered "0", because I don't want that somehow it gets transferred to some telemarketer). After telling the right number, the shipment started and finally it was delivered on 9/17. The PCBs itself were flawless.

Another problem I had with some Gerber files I downloaded from a website for a FET probe (this one). First they accepted the files, I paid by Paypal and the status said "in production". But after a day they said that the files don't have the board outlines, but e.g. http://gerber-viewer.com has no problems to show the board. They refunded the Paypal payment and cancelled the order. They told me they don't provide just sending a fixed version of the Gerber files, I have to go through the whole order process again.

And a minor problem was with their panel service. I used this service, because according to their FAQ, this is a way to avoid the ID marking on the PCB, because it is printed on the scrap part of the panels. But I managed to order a too small panel (the single PCB was tiny), and their webpage didn't show me an error. Again I paid with Paypal and was accepted, but you guess it, then they refunded the money and cancelled the project. Just by submitting the same project again, but this time with a different number of PCBs in x/y per panel, for the same price, because it was still below 10 cm x 10 cm, it got accepted. Surely they could have fixed this on their own.

So if you have a standard board, and if you are not in a hurry (or don't use UPS, maybe I'll try this again with the right phone number), the board quality is good and one of the cheapest services. But the customer service and website etc. could be better.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2018, 10:44:38 pm »
PS: if you use the panel service and the panel is below 10 cm x 10 cm, and your individual PCBs are small, the individual PCB costs only cents. E.g. you can fit 9 boards of 30 mm x 30 mm on one 10 cm ^ 2 panel (they have a border of 10 mm, where the ID is printed as well). And then you'll get 10 panels, which is 90 of your boards for $2. This means one board costs less than 3 cents.
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

The following users thanked this post: laneboysrc, bitseeker

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2018, 11:16:57 am »
This time there was an error on the silkscreen of my boards.

It should be like this:

Not like this:

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2018, 11:23:42 am »

It should be like this:

Not like this:

And how did the "preview gerber" look on their page when you ordered ?

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:51 am »
Just fine.

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2018, 12:12:13 pm »
Just fine.

And when you then contacted JLCPCB, what was their answer ?

Offline LubosD

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2018, 01:31:38 pm »
BTW, it seems they started charging for same design panelization.

I need to re-order a design they previously manufactured for me (size: 75x36mm), 1x2 panels, so it still nicely fits into the 100x100mm limit.

Well, now it bumps the price from $2 to $12, so I'll have to panelize manually in KiCad.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2018, 04:31:18 pm »
Just fine.

And when you then contacted JLCPCB, what was their answer ?

Didn't contacted them yet. It's a minor issue for a prototype board.

I will send them an email for the heads up.

Alexander.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2018, 09:19:02 pm »

It should be like this:
][img]https://i.imgur.com/dAv2rI1s.jpg

Not like this:
][img]https://i.imgur.com/2utgxuIs.jpg

Whats is the width of silkscreen line around U1 and J2? Maybe the preview isn't showing it properly, but it seems thin.

Realistically the automated silk crop should be OK and produce this design properly, but, there are some slightly unusual aspects of your silkscreen design. So maybe it screwed up along the way.

Offline alexig

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »
Placed an order a yesterday and it looks like they changed their test procedure for larger order quantities, maybe to save time.

If you order 50 or more boards, they charge you around $16-20 (sometimes more, depends on board size) to fully test your boards otherwise it's a random test.

Offline bugrobotics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2018, 04:25:47 pm »
I've ordered a number of prototype boards from JLPCB.  Other than silkscreen issues where small text looks a bit blurred I haven't had any issues.  Excellent value IMO.

Offline sashz

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2018, 05:35:17 am »
Their cheap price is just a fake - they are all cheating. Now I'm in China, I ordered one pcb for $2 from them with delivery via SF express ($3 and this is the real cost of delivery). But a supplementary payment of $6 was added to the final price, which is more than the specified cost of manufacturing and delivery. Okay, i have added a second pcb - ups, the price is $5 and +3$ for supplementary payment - now the final price: Merchandise Total: $7, Shipping $3, Supplementary $9.  Haha. Another popular service PCBWAY, more than doubles the cost of delivery - $ 7 per 800 grams, but the real SF express price is $ 3 per kilogram. And i don't write anything about panelization payments. So, just business, no charity or cheap prices.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:38:08 am by sashz »

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2018, 06:13:27 am »
Their cheap price is just a fake - they are all cheating. Now I'm in China, I ordered one pcb for $2 from them with delivery via SF express ($3 and this is the real cost of delivery). But a supplementary payment of $6 was added to the final price, which is more than the specified cost of manufacturing and delivery. Okay, i have added a second pcb - ups, the price is $5 and +3$ for supplementary payment - now the final price: Merchandise Total: $7, Shipping $3, Supplementary $9.  Haha. Another popular service PCBWAY, more than doubles the cost of delivery - $ 7 per 800 grams, but the real SF express price is $ 3 per kilogram. And i don't write anything about panelization payments. So, just business, no charity or cheap prices.

"Just business", what did you expect ?
You could also just go back to home-etching, much cheaper  ::)

Offline sashz

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2018, 07:12:42 am »
"Just business", what did you expect ?
You could also just go back to home-etching, much cheaper  ::)

Of course, they must be honest and write real prices for their services without hidden fees. Next time I will try to pick up pcbs directly from their factory (if I don't find another cheap factory). :D

Offline wb0gaz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2019, 07:34:42 pm »
This has been a very helpful and informative thread - thank you to the many authors. I began with JLCPCB early 2019, and so far good results.

I now wish to create panelized PCB artwork/gerber files for a project, using JLCPCB for production. How are the v-groove lines included in the artwork? Goal is to have several areas on the board that can be separated by bending the board material to break at the groove (this has been shown within this thread, but it was not clear how to represent the v-groove locations).

I do not wish to have JLCPCB panelize for me - I wish to have the panel boundaries included in my gerber file. I understand that each v-groove line must extend the entire width or breadth of the board - this is OK for my application.

The software I am using (copper connection, no longer available) allows me to create a line within the board perimeter, where the line is in the same layer as the board outline. Is this the correct way to generate a v-groove in the artwork for JLCPCB?

Thank you for any relevant advice!

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2019, 10:08:31 am »

If you're in SZ, try ordering directly from their Chinese websites, not their International ones. If you want to find the lowest possible prices... browse around on Taobao and ask some factories on there for quotes. From my friends in SZ who are obsessed with finding the very lowest possible price, I gather the lowest prices can be <30RMB including delivery (yup... more than $2... $2 is really more of an advertising gimmick as you rightly noted  ;D )

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2019, 09:15:47 pm »
Does anyone know if JLCPCB support edge plating? In a recent video Dave said, that you can just add it as a comment when you order the board, because there is no checkbox at the JLCPCB order page for it. But how much does it cost, if they support it?

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2019, 09:43:09 am »
Hi!

Time for me to join the party!

After yet more night's ranting from my friend about the non–progress of his Z80 Microprocessor Test Board at home, I decided to have a look at what JLC had to offer.

They were offering a Chinese New Year free shipping promotion (alas now ended!) at the time my gerbers were ready, and they quoted me about £8.60 for five copies of my friend's design, 115 mm long by 95mm high (landscape format), so at that price I certainly wasn't going to mess about with chemicals & waste materials trying to UV process or try and CNC the things, so away the files went and we got the completed boards back last Friday – I submitted the order on Sunday 17th in the evening and my friend received 'em via DHL Friday in the UK.

Absolutely no quality issues at all – the only issue was that the silkscreen was a bit fine and difficult see unless you worked in bright daylight or under an illuminated magnifier, but I suspect that was down to wrong text width/height settings in my Design Spark software, and JLC's viewer didn't make it clear how fine the silkscreen was!

Can anyone whose used D.S. advise me on the best height & text width to use please?

My next design for my friend's Z80 CTC board went to them last night and a third one for his memory control will go today!

One little tip to anyone using RS's Design Spark – make sure you include the *.mop file in your gerber file RAR or the holes don't show up in JLC's Gerber Viewer!

Also for some reason they don't like a zip (from WinRAR) –I always get an error message submitting a zip file to 'em!

Chris Williams

PS!

Even allowing for postage & PayPal's runious currency conversion rate, the cost per board came out @ about £2.65 each, bearing in mind that one of a similar size & quality from Elektor's PCB Shop or E.P.E. would be at least three times that and you get spares to experiment with or even just give away (or even bung on fleabay!) I'm not complaining!

I'll have to learn how to trace over magazine artworks in my Abacom Sprint Layout now!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:59:25 am by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline thmjpr

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2019, 12:40:52 am »
It looks like they may be ending JLC + LCSC combined shipping soon. For now at least, the additional shipping cost is heavily discounted.
Wonder why customs is an issue, I could see US duties having an impact but that should not affect other countries.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:42:46 am by thmjpr »

Offline OwO

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2019, 05:52:19 am »
I would like to see 4/6 layer board prices reduced instead. Very few serious designs actually use 2 layers.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2019, 06:39:52 am »
I have been using Elecrow.
Looks like about the same price.  But, they don't put their serial/id number on the PCB.

But, Julian Ilett uses them all the time.
   https://www.youtube.com/user/julius256/videos

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2019, 01:13:42 pm »
Looks like about the same price.  But, they don't put their serial/id number on the PCB.

What’s the problem with that? The serial number.

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2019, 04:32:30 pm »

What’s the problem with that? The serial number.
Maybe I misspoke here.  I believe it's more like arbitrary order number???
It doesn't increment for each PCB.

Anyway..  I don't want my silk screen cluttered up.  It's like graffiti on your PCB.
If you are okay with it, then go for it.  I'm not.

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2019, 06:35:39 pm »
I would like to see 4/6 layer board prices reduced instead. Very few serious designs actually use 2 layers.

So 2 layer boards is fake, mock, trash designs?

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2019, 07:01:38 pm »
You haven't produced many high volume designs, have you?

The following users thanked this post: cgroen

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2019, 09:57:18 pm »
Some high volume Chinese products use even 1 layer  ;D

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2019, 06:39:29 am »
You laugh but I try and design with one layer where possible. With pin swapping and parts available in different pinouts this is actually quite easy now on low to moderate complexity designs. I did a TH board recently which has 88 parts on and was single sided with no jumpers. Top was ground plane, but that was unnecessary really.

Offline russian2

• Contributor
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2020, 01:46:38 am »
Please forgive me for reviving an old topic but I would like to give JLC PCB assembly a huge thumps up  :clap: :clap: :clap:

While there is the whole mess with component orientation between different standards, JLC PCB  has silently but _correctly_ flipped some of my diodes where flipping was necessary.

Offline radioactive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2020, 03:06:33 am »
Please forgive me for reviving an old topic but I would like to give JLC PCB assembly a huge thumps up  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Since this thread is revived, I would like to thank JLCPCB for providing such a great service and getting their operation back up and running so quickly after recent unforeseen setbacks.  I hope to continue doing business with them far into the future.

Offline 501

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2020, 07:52:41 am »
Yes, JLC PCB is very cheap. I live in China. The reason why it is so cheap is very simple. JLC needs to seize the market. In China, proofing PCB costs only 5 RMB, about $0.72, including freight. Now the competition in this industry is very fierce, the purpose is to eliminate competitors.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2020, 07:30:56 pm »
So once all the competitors have gone, they'll be making sufficient profit to cover all the losses from the beginning?

Offline 501

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:26 am »
I think so. At that time, the price of PCB may rise. Once, when I proofed PCB, it was only 1 yuan, about 0.1444 US dollars

Offline greenpossum

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2020, 01:08:45 am »
So once all the competitors have gone, they'll be making sufficient profit to cover all the losses from the beginning?

I doubt that. This sector is very contestable, as they say. No player has a monopoly on the techniques. The ones who will win are those who can trim fat from their operations, and/or land high value contracts. Also pulling customers in with PCBA services. I already noticed that one fab I used had been acquired, or joined forces with another company. So, good for buyers.

Small run hobbyist boards are probably used to fill up space that would go to waste on large boards, so more variability in process time. Bigger fabs have more orders going through so can keep the process time down.

Offline almaz1c

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2022, 10:20:26 am »
I am facing stucks with JLCPCB for two PCB orders I placed with DHL Express delivery.
JLCPCB support says that there are delay on DHL side (for 6 days already).
I contacted with DHL Express - actually shipments didn't provided to courier service at all! The only thing JLCPCB did - is just generated tracking numbers and nothing more.
Here are tracking numbers - 4567014686 and 4567031722.
https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/tracking/tracking-express.html?submit=1&tracking-id=4567014686%204567031722
I contacted with JLCPCB again - they continue to lie that parsels shipped but it is not true. They ignored my request for refund. So I didn't receive PCBs and lost money with them.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2022, 10:44:10 am »
In my experience, DHL is not good for international shipping. I didn't lost a package so far, but always lots of manual work with customs etc. And I wouldn't be surprised if their system has bugs, or the courier service messed it up. It is more expensive, but if possible, I use UPS or Fedex, if I need it fast, much easier and less problems.

I often buy at JLCPCB, and no problems so far. Usually I use EuroPacket. Cheap but still faster than the usual China order from eBay. Last PCBs were 10 days from ordering until I got them:

https://twitter.com/frank_buss/status/1479085155633541122

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2022, 12:17:48 pm »
Now is a good a time as any. Dealing with China for anything has been nothing but difficult, infuriating and or ridiculous lately. I think that it is due to the current political climate of "we don't care now" 
I have had no less than 4 different vendors on Aliexpress where a part is undefined in the over simplified "so-called specs".
Exchanges back and forth in texts result in "Sorry friend" "We don't know what you ask" "How many do you want to buy" Nothing about the question asked.
Then they don't stop texting you with the same item page for a month.

On to my JLCPCB story.
I ordered before the new year and paid for a big order as I usually I combine a batch 3 times a year for savings.
The same techniques and specifications as the last order resulted in a kickback and delay from everybody and his cousin stating that an additional cost (2x what I previously paid) would be needed to do exactly what I did before.
Just as you get one set of boards cleared the next set of the same batch order gets flagged.
This happened for all 6 projects in the batch. To add insult, for the ones they cleared, they get it all over again. I was almost at the point of cancelling.
What I received after 2 weeks of dithering (exclusive of shipping) by them was already too late.
I informed them that I would spread the news far and wide of how I had been treated on every platform I could.
Their attitude: we don't care. :horse:
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline mmusskopf

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2022, 10:05:20 pm »
I believe I also had a bad experience with JCLPCB just now and my current recommendation is AVOID JLC PCB.

In my situation, I had a terrible experience when using their Parts Library. I did place an order and realized 3 minutes later, literally, that the order has been placed was incorrect.

I recognize that it was MY MISTAKE and I contact them asking to cancel the order and charge me any transaction fee it might occur, but they refused and I lost USD800.00.

We all know that the parts library, once you order a part is just a "Digital Transaction" that only reserves the stock for your use. By the way, the part was not externally sourced (the part is actually from LCSC). Basically, nothing got physically changed, touched or shipped. Also, the part had a large stock and I didn't prevent any other customer to place other orders for the same component. Literally, zero loss for JLC PCB apart from a few entries on their system.

Unfortunately, they insist that once the parts are in my Library they can't issue a refund, cancel or even ship the items to me so I could think about what to do with the parts later.

Well, I'm not a big company but I spend about $7K-$15K on PCB, parts, prototypes and PCBA per month. Not sure about you all, but if my customer makes a mistake and there's zero cost to me, or even if there's a small transaction cost, I happily revert the transaction... it's just professional cordiality that we expect and get from everybody else.

And now, because of a bad policy (or the fact JLCPCB is being greedy), I will put them at the bottom of my list when choosing someone to manufacture my designs and stick with more mature suppliers.

ps.: Maybe JLC PCB can see this and comment  :--

Update 10/May/2022: After multiple attempts to contact JLC PCB I raised a dispute via Paypal. This seems to be the only way to have them re-considering things as Paypal can be reasonable sometimes when ruling disputes. After that they allowed me to book a DHL courier (using my DHL account) to pick-up the parts and those were delivered today. I haven't unwrapped it yet but the parts seems to be all there and properly packaged.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 06:09:34 am by mmusskopf »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2022, 08:48:15 pm »
I believe I also had a bad experience with JCLPCB just now and my current recommendation is AVOID JLC PCB.

In my situation, I had a terrible experience when using their Parts Library. I did place an order and realized 3 minutes later, literally, that the order has been placed was incorrect.

I recognize that it was MY MISTAKE and I contact them asking to cancel the order and charge me any transaction fee it might occur, but they refused and I lost USD800.00.

Ask support where to ship these parts to return them for a refund. If they don't respond then show the conversation to paypal or your credit card company, and get your money back.
You haven't lost the money yet.

Returning    Returns are normally accepted when completed within 30 days from date of shipment,please contact customer service for a return authorization.
Parts should be unused and in original packaging. Customer has to take charge for the shipping.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf