Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Any fix to EasyEDA bugs?

(1/2) > >>

ELS122:
I like easyEDA but its bugs are the worst:
1: while spacing is still set to 10, moving many nets at once often results in many being slightly offset, and thus connecting the 2 together needs annoying 1 spaced offsets in traces.
2: doubled traces/random connections. really often some traces just double up when you move them. and the way the traces move when you move them is unpedictable, sometimes the whole trace moves, sometimes it does what I want: move. but most often it splits into 500 ancors and its just faster to delete it and make a new trace.
3: not really a bug, but when making part layouts/presets it doesnt allow more than one pin to be the same index, but what if you want to have multiple connections to the same pin in the schematic... I dont see why this should be a limitation set in place.

any way to fix these? I somehow doubt professional circuit designers ever use easyEDA for these reasons.

Doctorandus_P:
Switch to KiCad?

thm_w:
Report the bugs to them, in plain english, with screenshots. Hope they fix it in a reasonable time. If not, move to other software as mentioned.

https://easyeda.com/forum/category/2

Not many professionals would use it, no.

ELS122:

--- Quote from: Doctorandus_P on July 29, 2022, 05:13:53 pm ---Switch to KiCad?

--- End quote ---

I've heard it has the exact same problems.
I don't want to switch since I have a ton of projects and also custom part symbols saved there.

thm_w:

--- Quote from: ELS122 on July 29, 2022, 08:20:16 pm ---I've heard it has the exact same problems.
I don't want to switch since I have a ton of projects and also custom part symbols saved there.

--- End quote ---

Exact same? It has bugs but they are obviously different ones.

https://urish.medium.com/introducing-easyeda-2-kicad-37489da1dfa7

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version