Author Topic: Any way to simulate MT3608 (spice)?  (Read 3162 times)

Offline shapirusTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Any way to simulate MT3608 (spice)?
« on: December 31, 2023, 10:18:19 am »
There seems to be no Spice model for MT3608 at all.

Does anyone know an alternative IC that is similar to MT3608, ideally being pin-compatible, for which a model would be available that could serve as a substitute for simulation?

Online Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
Re: Any way to simulate MT3608 (spice)?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 01:08:18 pm »
My first guess is that manufacturers of cheap chinese stuff don't bother with spice models.

A second guess is that simulation would not be very useful. Parasitic properties due to PCB layout and of the used passives probably have an important influence on the end result.

Offline shapirusTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Any way to simulate MT3608 (spice)?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 10:14:04 am »
My first guess is that manufacturers of cheap chinese stuff don't bother with spice models.
Yeah I kind of figured that out. That's why I'm looking for something that might be compatible and have a model.

A second guess is that simulation would not be very useful. Parasitic properties due to PCB layout and of the used passives probably have an important influence on the end result.
That's clear, I understand the limitations. Main idea is not to simulate it down to fine details to see how a real PCB would behave, but rather to avoid setting the "exclude from simulation" flag on a bunch of components and adding makeshift substitutes like the voltage source spice primitives instead, which won't even be sufficient in case when I to use e.g. a variable output feedback divider.
I usually try to create a single nice schematic that works as such, works for simulation, and works for PCB design. Often it is quite feasible (for example, with MC34063A, if we speak about switching converters).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf