Author Topic: AutoTrax–DEX featured projects?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
AutoTrax–DEX featured projects?
« on: January 05, 2022, 03:19:51 am »
Hi!

Having spent yesterday evening reading the 38 page thread where Member "free electron" Vincent tested AutoTrax DEX and reviewed it's ease–of–use and functionality compared with other free and paid EDA vendors, one thing that strikes me is that how many independently hosted PCB designs have been submitted where the images shown in a Google search do not say "dex.com" underneath them?

I have so far found a grand total of ZERO independently submitted AutoTrax PCB DEX projects, when Eagle has thousands, KiCAD has many hundreds, DipTrace has many hundreds, Abacom's "Sprint Layout" has a huge pile including many very complex designs, DesignSpark has a few dozen, plus a dozen or two "TARGET3001!" designs and a few gEDA, "oddballs" and "abandonware" ones.

Amongst the Online Editors, Altium's Circuit Maker and EasyEDA have their followers as well, altho' I found EasyEDA extremely frustrating because there were no one–click operations on "ratlines!"

Does that not suggest something about AutoTrax DEX that I can't find a completely independent project author who has designed a workable PCB with it? Whatever the reason may be, I don't think it was solely cost, not that that is a problem at the current renewal price! (if there are some, please reply with links!)

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 03:36:00 am by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: AutoTrax–DEX featured projects?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 12:09:04 pm »
Does your 666th post have to be so evil that you need to bring up this mess again?

My bet is that most people looking for a free / low cost schematic/PCB package are gravitating towards Kicad nowadays.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 12:11:56 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 01:32:25 pm »
Hi!

I had never even given a thought to what my post count was, the post I made was simply an observation I made from looking at many thousands of electronics projects submitted on the internet over the last twenty years or so!

I can certainly find (for example) a simple project from any of the vast magazine archives available and see how well AutoTrax DEX can be used to publish it in PCB form!

I will add I only paid the DEX licence fee (on special–offer price!) just before Christmas, so I have another 12 months to try a project or two with it on!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 07:44:52 pm »
where the images shown in a Google search do not say "dex.com" underneath them?

Why would an image say that under them? Is it some branding you can't remove or similar?

Offline pepoja

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 11:33:25 pm »
I will add I only paid the DEX licence fee (on special–offer price!) just before Christmas, so I have another 12 months to try a project or two with it on!

Chris Williams

Hi Chris,

What is your result of the testing AutotraxDex? It's usable for schematic/PCB design? Try to compare for other EDA system.

Many thanks for your report!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 05:00:52 pm »
Hi!

I've just paid for another 12 months of updates and downloaded the latest version, and to be honest I find it very difficult to learn, in particular, trying to modify schematic symbols to suit my own personal tastes!

I am working on a large digital PCB project for a Member with this software and Number One's "Easy PC" as a comparison between the two!

So far I'm about a third of the way through the "Easy–PC version!

Chris Williams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf