Author Topic: Component Category Folder Structure for Datasheet organizer  (Read 1550 times)

Offline donlydpaTopic starter

Component Category Folder Structure for Datasheet organizer
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:59:26 pm »
Hello everyone, first post here - been following this forum for ages and finally felt the need to do my bit, so here it comes: Its a folder structure for storing datasheets. I know it might sound old fashioned, but I thought some of you out there still like to save each datasheet locally and reuse it, like i do. After years of accumulating datasheets and several failed attempts to properly organizie the raging chaos, i realized i was not going anywhere without a proper folder hierarchy with the right component categories. I started it several times, even searched for something similar but never found what i was looking for and never really went all the way through due to the sheer number of categories and duplications, until i spent a few days in a row doing just the folder structure. It took me a while but I think i got a structure that should at least be a good foundation. It was obtained manually based on the same structure used by electronics distributors. All categories and subcategories are listed in a spreadsheet, and sub categories having multiple parents have a textfile pointing to the alternative nodes, that way you can avoid duplicates. (for example memory IC might be located under embedded systems as well as semiconductor). There is a batchfile to automate the folder generation process, or you can just extract the already generated structure from the attached zip file. You can also modify the structure from the spreadsheet and generate a custom tree using the batchfile. (will be attaching spreadsheet and batchfiles in seperate post as the size limit was reached) Thats it - hope that it can be of good use to someone. Cheers! - David 

Re: Component Category Folder Structure for Datasheet organizer
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:23:32 pm »
batchfiles and spreadsheet - part 1/2 (rename to .z01) - sorry had to rar aswell to go under 2mb.

Re: Component Category Folder Structure for Datasheet organizer
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:24:54 pm »
batchfiles and spreadsheet - part 2/2 of zip file.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf