Author Topic: Is it posible to make a board at cheap manufacturer suitable to 0.8mm pitch BGA  (Read 2476 times)

Offline MiyukiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
Hello
I want to ask if someone have an experience with trying to put 0.8mm pitch BGA on pcb from any cheap Chinese manufacturer with 6/6 mil routes and 0.3mm drill
I can easy route 1mm pitch BGA on this specs, but as all RAM chips are at 0.8mm pitch I cant route track between pads and via will too big
Is here any other solution than to put via in pad and try luck ?
Any real experience or advice than use better manufacturing process ?

Online wraper

• Supporter
PCBWIN has 5/5mil and 0.25mm hole by default. Edit, though, price wise they shine when you are making a larger order. For a few proto PCBs, they are not the cheapest. Still 5/5 mil from them is significantly cheaper that the same from PCBway even at low quantities.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:12:40 pm by wraper »

Offline MiyukiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
As I need just one piece PCBWIN price is huge  :(

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
Have you looked at Eurocircuits?

If you're using Eagle you can just upload the .brd file to get a price.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Hello
I want to ask if someone have an experience with trying to put 0.8mm pitch BGA on pcb from any cheap Chinese manufacturer with 6/6 mil routes and 0.3mm drill
I can easy route 1mm pitch BGA on this specs, but as all RAM chips are at 0.8mm pitch I cant route track between pads and via will too big
Is here any other solution than to put via in pad and try luck ?
Optimise the connections to the memory in a way you don't need vias even if it means placing the memory further away. This may take a couple of hours of trying various part orientations but IMHO it is well worth it. On dense boards vias are always huge obstacles.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf