Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Cutting PCBs with a Dremel....

<< < (4/4)

mikeselectricstuff:

--- Quote from: george graves on February 19, 2012, 10:52:59 am ---Personally I use 1/64" boards 1 oz copper from ebay, and cut score them with a utility blade.  You can snap them with your hands.  Done and done.

--- End quote ---
0.8mm and below can be cut with a decent pair of scissors.
I'd agree that the hacksaw method is the way to go if you don't have a guillotine - clamp the board to the bench edge with a sheet of wood & it's easy to get a straight cut - keep the blade at a shallow angle.
Noting beats a guillotine though.

george graves:
Tin snips work great too.  Sears sells a great set. 

AnonymousGuy:
I have access to a guillotine style (aka "massive scissors") pcb cutting tool.  But I'm worried that it's going to short the ground and power planes together in my 4 layer pcb?

david77:
I either use the good old hacksaw + file or if I can't be bothered score the PCB along a metal ruler with one of those cheap cutter knifes with the snap-off blades from both sides. Then clamp the PCB along the cut into a vice or on a table edge and just snap it off and file the edges down.
The Dremel stays in it's box for simple straight cuts, far too messy and noisy.

andersendr:
If you have any access to a milling machine, you could use that.  I have had great success when putting multiple designs on one board, then cutting them out on my end.  I use a 1.5mm end mill at the fastest the mill will go. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version