Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Doh!

(1/6) > >>

paulca:
Don't put your dimension drawings on your edge cut layers!

I spotted it only after sending the files.  I thought, "They'll figure it out." and forgot all about it.  Board passed review I paid and then I was staring off into space looking at the website and suddenly went... wait... it's not rectangular!  (The little picture of the board they show you).  Sure enough my board has "wings" in the shape of my dimension lines.  They don't seem to have cut the numbers into the board and they are only billing me for the original board size.

Hopefully it's just the preview on the site and the production engineer will have the sense to lop off the dimension lines before cutting!

I'll find out in a few days.... a week these days probably.  

Worst case I can score with a rule and knife and snap them.

Psi:
All pcb designers understand the pain of generating gerbers.

The neverending cycle of

1 - Generate gerbers in PCB design software
- Review gerbers in different piece of software
- Find and fix error
- Goto 1

Then when you're finally happy there's nothing more to fix.

1. Sleep on it.
2. Check again the next day and assuming no more issues are found, place your PCB order.

Kean:

--- Quote from: Psi on December 06, 2022, 11:25:13 am ---All pcb designers understand the pain of generating gerbers.

The neverending cycle of

1 - Generate gerbers in PCB design software
- Review gerbers in different piece of software
- Find and fix error
- Goto 1

Then when you're finally happy there's nothing more to fix.

1. Sleep on it.
2. Check again the next day and assuming no more issues are found, place your PCB order.

--- End quote ---
And yet you still only spot an error the day the PCBs finish production (or the day they arrive).

Like you moved a fiducial at the last minute, but it is now directly under some important text.  Speaking from recent experience...

Psi:
Yep,  it's one of the situations where math breaks down.

You must put in 150% effort, which is already impossible, but when you do it only finds you 98% of the mistakes.

wraper:
It's an automated preview which often is rendered wrong. Does not show how your PCB will be actually made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version