EDA > General PCB/EDA/CAD Discussions

Going from Allegro to PADS as a user

(1/2) > >>

Alex Eisenhut:
Been using Allegro for years, know it reasonably well, done hundreds of layouts with it.

Now I have to use PADS.

If you have done the same leap, what were the stumbling blocks you encountered, as in, things you used to do quickly now seem more complex, or on the flip side, things PADS does better.

So far I've been studying up on the schematic side which is quite simple since it looks pretty much like Viewlogic which I used a long time ago. Nothing too mind-boggling.

But what about the PCB side? I'm just worried I'll never be as proficient with PADS as I was with Allegro.

Feynman:
Maybe you should mention whether you are using classical PADS or PADS Professional, since both programs are entirely different CAD-Tools.

AndersJ:

--- Quote from: Feynman on June 18, 2021, 06:33:40 pm ---Maybe you should mention whether you are using classical PADS or PADS Professional, since both programs are entirely different CAD-Tools.

--- End quote ---

Which are the major differences between the two PADS tools?

dzseki:
PADS Standard and Professional are worlds part. There are no common things in them, really, they are not even compatible.

E-Design:
I've used Altium, Allegro and Mentor Expedition (which is a lot like PADS professional)

I can say Allegro is one of the best routing tools I've used, so I think it will be a downgrade for you (PADS or PADS Pro)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version