Author Topic: Holophase/CirCad Importer?  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Holophase/CirCad Importer?
« on: September 27, 2023, 09:48:56 pm »
Hi!

A DIY Audio Forum Member sent me the Gerber and Native PCB files for Bob Cordell's THD Analyser, but when I attempted to import the Gerbers provided into JLC I ended up with a tiny pcb design in a huge blank area because whoever used Holophase CirCad "V4/Circad 98 I presume!) stuck a huge border round the design, which, altho' can delete in the Circad "demo", I can't even export a screenshot to something like Sprint Layout to retrace it as Holophase make sure all the export filters are removed, and I can't justify £1000 on this arcane software that looks like something from the 19th Century, let alone the 20th!

Is there anything else that will import a Holophase Circad *.pcb file?

Chris Williams

It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Holophase/CirCad Importer?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 10:08:44 pm »
LOL. Their site looks like a parody of the early 90s sites.

It would be easier to edit the original gerber files. If all you need to do is delete some elements, even free gerbv can do it. And for replication in a new cad, it may be easier to use the original gerbers rather than this obscure CAD nobody ever heard about.
Alex

Online Zoli

• Frequent Contributor
  • Grumpy old men
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 06:12:51 am »
Hi!

A DIY Audio Forum Member sent me the Gerber and Native PCB files for Bob Cordell's THD Analyser, but when I attempted to import the Gerbers provided into JLC I ended up with a tiny pcb design in a huge blank area because whoever used Holophase CirCad "V4/Circad 98 I presume!) stuck a huge border round the design, which, altho' can delete in the Circad "demo", I can't even export a screenshot to something like Sprint Layout to retrace it as Holophase make sure all the export filters are removed, and I can't justify £1000 on this arcane software that looks like something from the 19th Century, let alone the 20th!

Is there anything else that will import a Holophase Circad *.pcb file?

Chris Williams
IIRC, I have both Circuit Maker and PCB Maker '98 demos with the proper cracks; if you want to play around with them, I can dig them out over the next weekend.

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 12:48:00 pm »
PM Sent to Member Zoli!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Online Zoli

• Frequent Contributor
  • Grumpy old men
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 11:57:23 pm »
Files sent, awaiting feedback >:D

Online Zoli

• Frequent Contributor
  • Grumpy old men
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 08:15:54 am »
A couple of .pdf's printed out from the CircuitMaker demo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf