Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Horizon EDA Version 1.0!

<< < (24/25) > >>

PlainName:

--- Quote --- there is no such thing as a 5 pin sot23
--- End quote ---

On the contrary, there are zillions. Perhaps you mean Diodes Inc no longer use the designation, but there are more sources than them.

Hmmm. Seems there are indeed zillions, but some big names are going, or have gone, SOT-25/26. Still, devices are specified as SOT-23-5 so it's a valid designator even if it's not 'official'.

free_electron:

--- Quote from: dunkemhigh on June 18, 2021, 09:59:39 pm --- are going, or have gone, SOT-25/26.

--- End quote ---
nope. it has always been sot23 25 26. in the heydays it was labeled sot23-5 and -6 but then when they moved to smaller IEC stepped in and said "this needs to be uniform. you want 323 353 36 so make it 23 25 26 . Afaik the -5 -6 were never ratiified as iec standards.
just like it has always been sot323 353 363 sot523 sot553 and sot 563

PlainName:
One lives and learns.

Lukas:

--- Quote from: free_electron on June 18, 2021, 07:14:20 pm ---
- move operations : always drags wires. make a Drag operator instead. M = move , just what is selected, breaking lines. wiring should not rubberband. D = Drag : rubberbanding of wiring ok

--- End quote ---

Dunno, to I've never found that behaviour useful. For disconnecting net lines from symbols, there's the "disconnect tool".

--- Quote --- -- need handles on begin/end of a section of wire so they can be dragged
--- End quote ---

Clicking on the ends of a wire to select the junction it's attached to.

--- Quote --- -- need ability to add a bendpoint to a section or at least move the center caret on-grid
--- End quote ---

If a net line isn't horizontal or vertical, dragging it will bend it. In all cases, there's the "bend net line" tool.

--- Quote --- -- need ability to cut wire ( for example hit the / key , then click on a point and it snips a section exactly 1 gridspace long )
--- End quote ---

You're the first one to bring this up, can you describe some cases where this would come in handy?

--- Quote ---- too much visual clutter. pads with rounded corners show crosshairs, circles and other clutter
--- End quote ---

Turning off outlines will get rid of these.

--- Quote ---- place via terminates routing. when in the middle of routing in want to be able to change layer and go on. so placing a via should shoot the via , then continue on other outside layer ( until you start supporting stacked vias )
--- End quote ---

That's exactly how it works. To get the pcb editor to switch layers automatically, you'll have to set up a layer pair rule.

--- Quote ---- pads, courtyards, centroids , assembly data . all non existing
--- End quote ---

Huh? Pads, courtyard and assembly outlines are there. Are you referring to the pick&place centroids? So far everyone has been happy with the pick&place center being on the package's origin.

free_electron:

--- Quote from: Lukas on June 20, 2021, 06:17:28 pm ---Dunno, to I've never found that behaviour useful. For disconnecting net lines from symbols, there's the "disconnect tool".

--- End quote ---
the problem with rubberbanding is that it vomits diagonal lines everywhere ! and that takes oodles of time to clean up. select a group of elements. move out of the way so i can add things inbetween. if the move is anythng else than pure horizontal or vertical things become a mess. that's why i want explicit move operators and drag operators.

--- Quote ---Clicking on the ends of a wire to select the junction it's attached to.
--- End quote ---
doesn't work on diagonal lines.

--- Quote --- You're the first one to bring this up, can you describe some cases where this would come in handy?
--- End quote ---
to move a section of schematic out of the way to insert another block. i should be able to slice individual wires , or draw a 'slicing line' anything crossed by the slicer gets broken. ( also need in the pcb tool by the way !)

--- Quote ---Turning off outlines will get rid of these.
--- End quote ---
make it off by default.

--- Quote --- That's exactly how it works. To get the pcb editor to switch layers automatically, you'll have to set up a layer pair rule.
--- Quote ---why is top -bottom not the default pair ? that pair should be there when a blank project is created.

--- Quote --- Huh? Pads, courtyard and assembly outlines are there. Are you referring to the pick&place centroids? So far everyone has been happy with the pick&place center being on the package's origin.

--- End quote ---
The package origin is not always the pick origin. for layout purposes ( like to be able to place parts on a grid ) you may want to set the origin at pin 1. the pick and place point could be somewhere else ( like the gravity point . you don;t want parts to wobble when the machine is moving. manufacturers specify where the pick point is for 'difficult parts like connectors. some even have special caps that need to be removed after placing. (pinheaders)

in the schematic symbol editor : how do you change the grid size ? like on a  transistor : the arrow is drawn off grid. When i try to manipulate that it always want to snap to the pin grid. how do i get a grid that is , let's say 1/10 th of the pin grid ? note that i do want a grid ! just one that is smaller than the pin grid so i can make nice symbols.

Arcs also have a weird behavior. normally you set center , then diameter , then begin and end angle. this is like click on one point, click another point then drag to create the curve. Not always easy...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version