Author Topic: How to add third party parts to LT spice  (Read 232 times)

Offline SK_Caterpilar_SK

• Regular Contributor
How to add third party parts to LT spice
« on: May 26, 2019, 08:36:28 pm »
Hello. I have just downloaded LT spice because a lot of poeple kept recommending it to me. The issue is I need thrid party stuff there. More specifically vacuum tubes. But the program is extremely confusing even the videos i have tryed to watch are just 10 times more confusing. The vacuum tube models are in .inc format. That obviously is not going to be a drop inside the library and good to go. So how do I do this? Everything is extremely confusing.

Thanks.

Offline Bassman59

• Super Contributor
  • Yes, I do this for a living
Re: How to add third party parts to LT spice
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:05:22 am »
Hello. I have just downloaded LT spice because a lot of poeple kept recommending it to me. The issue is I need thrid party stuff there. More specifically vacuum tubes. But the program is extremely confusing even the videos i have tryed to watch are just 10 times more confusing. The vacuum tube models are in .inc format. That obviously is not going to be a drop inside the library and good to go. So how do I do this? Everything is extremely confusing.

Thanks.

The Help file which accompanies LTSpice has a section called FAQ, and within that section is "Third-party models."

Offline chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:58:17 pm »
The easiest way to add third party models is to add an include directive to the schematic and place the .inc files in the same folder as the schematic, saves messing about with libraries. Example attached below. 6DJ8.inc is from Duncan Amps.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:05:18 pm by chris_leyson »

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:30 pm »
Even easier - if the model file is small (only a few lines), you can place its contents directly on the schematic as a multi-line SPICE directive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf