Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Ltspice is a big dissapointment !

<< < (7/7)

james_s:

--- Quote from: PlainName on March 25, 2023, 03:28:35 pm ---And, for that matter, just because user interface elements are new doesn't mean they are bad. Over time we learn what works well (and doesn't) and new ways to do things. Obviously, stuff made before these elements were available can't use them, but that doesn't automatically mean the old stuff is somehow better. Or that you have to suffer in order to be a 'professional' user.

--- End quote ---

The reverse is also true, just because interface elements are new doesn't mean that they're better, or that older ones are bad. I'm not arguing that the older stuff is magically better, only that it is not automatically worse. LTSpice is a popular tool that works very well for its intended users, there's always room for improvement, but that will require somebody who thinks that improvement is worth the cost of doing it and the risk of breaking something else, which is virtually inevitable in software development.

tchiwam:
I am warming up to Kicad + NGspice ...  Not perfect but somewhat usable and less frustration than typing everything or converting the netlist.

nctnico:

--- Quote from: DimitriP on March 25, 2023, 06:36:07 am ---
--- Quote from: james_s on March 25, 2023, 06:30:50 am ---I consider it a feature when software is stable, mature and rarely changes. I still use Office 2003 on my Windows machine, 20 years old now and it does way more than I need a word processor and spreadsheet to do. Best part is it doesn't have that stupid ribbon.

--- End quote ---

So...there are two of us!

--- End quote ---
No, three!

Messtechniker:
Make that four!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version