Electronics > PCB/EDA/CAD

Mike Engelhardt's new SPICE simulator QSPICE is out

<< < (19/19)

Cyberdragon:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on October 05, 2023, 02:12:22 am ---
--- Quote from: soldar on October 04, 2023, 02:51:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: nctnico on August 01, 2023, 08:24:33 pm ---In the end it makes much more sense to write new software cross-platform from the start rather than relying on emulation nowadays.
--- End quote ---
I agree. I am running a few things with WINE but I have no intention of trying with more. If it ran with Linux I would give it a try but as it is I will give it a pass.

--- End quote ---

QSPICE doesn't run on Wine as I mentioned earlier, so even if you wanted to...

--- End quote ---

It does run. You need Wine Staging and set Wine Tweaks to "hide version" and it will run.

Not great though, it will simulate but it's super slow and buggy (the forground and background get set to black making the circuit invisible untill you change the color of everything). It is a graphics issue, it uses the GPU for simulating normally but on Wine it defaults to CPU only simulation and rendering making it take several seconds to even draw a trace, and the trace has artifacts in it. And yes, I tried Proton with DirectX to Vulkan conversion, and a bunch of settings, it just seems to ignore the GPU.

SilverSolder:
On your Linux box, have a VM running Windows? -  The OS is an application, these days...   ;D

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on December 01, 2023, 12:06:38 pm ---On your Linux box, have a VM running Windows? -  The OS is an application, these days...   ;D

--- End quote ---

You mean, like 60 years ago? :popcorn:

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on December 01, 2023, 11:33:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: SilverSolder on December 01, 2023, 12:06:38 pm ---On your Linux box, have a VM running Windows? -  The OS is an application, these days...   ;D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nothing new under the sun...   -  I hear IBM wants to use AI to get rid of a lot of old code written in...   Cobol.

SiliconWizard:

--- Quote from: SilverSolder on December 09, 2023, 09:21:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on December 01, 2023, 11:33:57 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Nothing new under the sun...   -  I hear IBM wants to use AI to get rid of a lot of old code written in...   Cobol.

--- End quote ---

The whole idea sounds like fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version