Author Topic: PCB Manufacture and - Ooops, STOP I need to change something.  (Read 1805 times)

Offline paulcaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
What are you guys experience with last minute changes and the likes of PCBWay?

I used the chat box on the pcbway website to stop an order after about an hour when it was already showing in production.  They said to email the updated gerbers.  I have.  I'm wondering how long it will take and how I can tell they have recieved and released the order.

I have tried googling, but found nothing useful.

Has anyone experience of this with PCBWay or others?  Will they email me confirmation new gerbers?  Should I wait a few days and see if the progress moves on the order?  Should I hit them on the chat box again tomorrow?
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline paulcaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: PCB Manufacture and - Ooops, STOP I need to change something.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:44:14 am »
So PCBWay answered the email that they will not proceed with the production :)
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline JohnPen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:01:04 am »
I had a slightly similar experience with Elecrow in that I hadn't included the drill file with the gerbers.   In my case they sent me an email to let me know and requested a revised gerber set.  In the meantime I had noticed a minor error in  my design so I sent them the updated gerber set this time including the drill file.  The resulting PCB followed the later gerbers.  It would seem that they have a good checking procedure before starting manufacture and that it does give a window of opportunity to cancel.  I am sure PCBWay and other Chinese PCB makers have similar processes and that last minute changes are not that unusual to them. :)

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 10:07:18 am »
I screwed up an order at pcbway (it was two,separate board types, but only one made it through the upload process completely.). but I noticed by the end of the weekend, fixed the second board, and it offered to combine shipping with the board that had gotten further, which I thought was pretty impressive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf