Author Topic: Schematic and Layout synchronized in PADs standard?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline FaringdonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Schematic and Layout synchronized in PADs standard?
« on: July 07, 2021, 04:40:05 pm »
Hi,
I have been editing a PADs standard schematic and PCB.
When I  transfer to PCB by clicking the “PADs Layout” icon, it gives the usual “PADS layout link” dialog box offering a “Design” tab. So I click that and then select the button  “ECO to PCB”. I click that button, and I then get the error message “Schematic Net List may have errors. Do you want to continue?”
Do you believe that this means that Schematic and PCB are not synchronized (correspondent)?
I am still able to connect components in the PCB and push them through to the layout, and surely it wouldn’t do this if Layout did not correspond to schematic?
'Perfection' is the enemy of 'perfectly satisfactory'

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
Re: Schematic and Layout synchronized in PADs standard?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 05:01:49 pm »
Are you using PADS Designer as your schematic tool or PADS Logic?  I recommend Designer (Atleast that's what I'm familiar with).

If you're using PADS designer, you might still need to generate the net list.  To do that, on the menus go to "Tools" -> "PCB Interface".  Select the "Create Netlist for Layout" Radio button and press "OK".  If any errors pop up, address those and try it again.
All your volts are belong to me

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf