Author Topic: Switching from using Eagle V5 to EasyEDA?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Jon ChandlerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
Switching from using Eagle V5 to EasyEDA?
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:26:00 am »
I am using Eagle Layout V5 Pro and Tinycad for schematic capture.  I needed the pro version of Eagle to get the physical board size I needed but I didn't opt for the pro version of schematic capture because nothing I was doing was that complex.

I've played a little with EasyEDA from JLCPCB.  It seems pretty competent in using it for a couple hours and not that difficult to use.  The huge range of parts available and total integration of schematic capture and board layout is awesome after spending many years connecting nets from the schematic "by eye" on the board since Eagle and Tinycad aren't always in agreement about pin names.

Has anybody here switched from Eagle to EasyEDA?  I'd appreciate any comments about the experience if you have.  A y particular regrets or shortcomings?

Thanks in advance for any comments you may have,

Jon

Offline DerekG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Switching from using Eagle V5 to EasyEDA?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:20:40 am »
and total integration of schematic capture and board layout is awesome

EasyEDA is actually pretty nice. It has come a long way over the past 3 or so years.

Like the poster above, I also have an Altium license, however I reach for DipTrace for most board designs these days. It's easy to learn as its user interface is very logical.

It's not as powerful as Altium but it is very, very capable. You could design a computer motherboard with it if you wished. DipTrace has user selectable keyboard shortcuts to make your transfer from EAGLE much easier.

A discount is also offered for moving over from EAGLE ............... but you may not need to purchase the top end version.

https://diptrace.com/buy/offer/

Two things I like is the license is perpetual (like EAGLE used to be) & it all runs on my own computer, not someone else's server.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf