EEVblog > EEVblog Specific

eevBLAB #66 - Renting vs Buying a Commercial Office Lab

(1/14) > >>

EEVblog:
Dave runs the numbers on renting vs buying a commercial office space to use as a new lab here in Sydney.
Commercial vs residential loans, business loans, interest rates, location, office fit out, outgoings.

johnlsenchak:

In the United  States  when you   take  equity   from a bank in lieu of  your residential   property it's  called a "HeLoC"   ( home equity line of credit)

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: johnlsenchak on October 21, 2019, 04:42:18 am ---In the United  States  when you   take  equity   from a bank in lieu of  your residential   property it's  called a "HeLoC"   ( home equity line of credit)

--- End quote ---

Ah, I've heard that before. It's basically just "line of credit loan" here.
But that's only if you own the home an/or take out credit on the portion you own. Otherwise you just take the money form your existing loan as a "redraw" or from an offset bank account built into most loans here.

ebclr:
Have one unpredictable component on the equation, whos is real state valuation/devaluation, and this can be a game-changer especially in bubbled markets ( I believe Australia  is on that class )

nctnico:

--- Quote from: ebclr on October 21, 2019, 11:35:53 am ---Have one unpredictable component on the equation, whos is real state valuation/devaluation, and this can be a game-changer especially in bubbled markets ( I believe Australia  is on that class )

--- End quote ---
Do like Trump: sit on it forever and make a whopping 1.25% interest rate (corrected for inflation).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version