Author Topic: eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!  (Read 13825 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2020, 03:50:23 am »
I hope some do get shot, extreme stupidity calls for extreme measures.

I would agree, although imagine what that will do to fuel the conspiracy nuts. Then it'll turn into "the government wants this mind control equipment so bad that now they're murdering anyone who uncovers the truth!"  :palm:

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2020, 06:23:29 am »
I used to rent a place in a high rise appartment building one level before last, and the building had cell antennas on the roof. It did cause me problems - it disrupted my wireless UHF headphones audio, every few seconds with a short and loud "Bzzzz" in the headphones, as if someone hit you in the ears with nails. It was freaking painful, i had to stop using them. After a few years i moved and at my new place the headphones worked just fine.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2020, 07:29:19 am »

I would agree, although imagine what that will do to fuel the conspiracy nuts. Then it'll turn into "the government wants this mind control equipment so bad that now they're murdering anyone who uncovers the truth!"  :palm:

There comes a point where you have to stop worrying about what they think. Fact is they will make something "bad" out of it either way. There is no way to reason with these idiots so put them down like the animals they are! I really have run out of patience for these sorts of people. Sadly an education system that does not truly teach or reward proper achievement with "showing up to lessons" being the pass mark we are allowing society to slip into a darker and darker place.

Knowledge is great, the more the better, a little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous. These idiots think they are clever because they live in a society build for them not by them by clever people who gave them tools they can use but have no idea how they work. They labor under the misapprehension that they themselves are clever because they can use the tools created by clever people.

Let me guess that like driving if they did a survey asking people how intelligent they think they are the vast majority would reply above average. i feel that society is going backwards, not forwards.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2020, 07:32:06 am »
This all actually reminds me of when they put the 3G installation on the top of an office building I was working in. people were complaining about it almost immediately. Nausea, tiredness, sleep deprivation, headaches the lot. I had no problems at all.  Our HR guys got a ton of complaints about it to the point someone quit. HR people contacted the land lord who contacted the phone company who pointed out it wasn’t even wired up yet as they were waiting for a national grid connection.

The cause of the nausea, tiredness, sleep deprivation and headaches were the same cause as before: smoking, drinking excessively, eating shit, going out all night. Much like my father he was convinced his myeloma was related to owning a diesel car for 6 months rather than the 50 years of smoking.

It sounds like the placebo effect to me, it is a very real thing. If you take a pill that you believe will make you feel better, then there is a very good chance you will feel better. If there's something in the vicinity that you believe is giving you a headache and making you tired, then you will have a headache and feel tired. The brain is a funny thing.

In fact a placebo test is built into most new drug tests. A portion of the patients are given something that does not have the new drug in it and their response subtracted from that of the ones that got the genuine drug so that the net effect can be worked out.

When i was a kid and had "a headache" my dad would give me a vitamin tablet and tell me it was for the headache.....

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2020, 09:23:50 am »
Placebo it was indeed. It works.

Just have to shoot those ones as well.  :-DD

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2020, 09:33:07 am »
Placebo it was indeed. It works.

Just have to shoot those ones as well.  :-DD

Not really, if you commit an act of vandalism or terrorism you suffer the consequences. That is different from people saying something that does not cause immediate material damage and harm to society.

I would create a new law along the line of defamation of science. If you are seriously going to willfully make shit up and then disseminate that "information" like 5G causes some damage to the body and the damaged cells break up into viruses which is just malicious lies then you should be prosecuted. I dunno, if you pretended to be a doctor when you were not qualified then you will be sued, but you can do a similar crime in other areas and nothing happens. I am not saying that you should not speak if you are not qualified but if you are demonstrably just making shit up that is clearly false and are trying to push that to others you should be prosecuted.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2020, 09:39:55 am »
That’s possibly a bigger problem in the long run though as it leads to censorship by the state.

Consequences for acting upon idiocy is probably as far as we can go without a step backwards.

It’s difficult.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, maginnovision

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2020, 09:45:04 am »
But why do we call prosecution of people for disseminating false science censorship? If you tell lies about a person they can sue you for defamation. But there is no legal person in science that can sue at the moment. That is why i say the law should be "defamation against science", this means that the law cannot be used for purely political ends. You state made up twaddle in a youtube video that clearly goes against known and accepted science and you have committed a crime. I am not talking about an offhand statement but content manufactured purely to push a false and alternative understanding of scientific reality.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 09:51:56 am »
I think there are two issues with that. Firstly scientific knoweldge changes over time. Say we insist no risk is present by taking a medicine (thalidomide for example) and after 20 years we find out that there was one then it gets sticky. Secondly that inflames the religious lot who's entire belief system works on faith not evidence.

Without ushering in a China style totalitarian state, which honestly I'm not sure isn't a bad thing these days based on the status quo being a complete hunk of turds, then I'm not sure how you can resolve the complexity.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2020, 10:05:41 am »
I think there are two issues with that. Firstly scientific knoweldge changes over time. Say we insist no risk is present by taking a medicine (thalidomide for example) and after 20 years we find out that there was one then it gets sticky. Secondly that inflames the religious lot who's entire belief system works on faith not evidence.

But religions do not normally try to tell me how human biology works.

If i go down to my local hospital in doctors scrubs and start "treating" people I will end up in jail particularly if I do something silly and harm someone. But i can make a youtube video that will ultimately incite someone to burn down critical infrastructure and that will be fine. I don't see a lot of difference in those two things other than for the simpletons minds to see more easily the wrong in the first case than the second.

What i am referring to is people that actually make up science, I repeat that is why i would call the law defamation of science. If you spread misinformation that is directly contradictory to well known science like what a virus is then you should be prosecuted. If you want to push "alternative" science then you should have scientific studies with repeatable experiments to back your claims up. Sure if you think some medication is dangerous and can prove it fine. But if you make shit up about something that has no proof whatsoever then sorry - jail time!

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2020, 11:53:11 am »
Sure if you think some medication is dangerous and can prove it fine. But if you make shit up about something that has no proof whatsoever then sorry - jail time!

The question then becomes - who vets the "proof"?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2020, 12:01:35 pm »
Sure if you think some medication is dangerous and can prove it fine. But if you make shit up about something that has no proof whatsoever then sorry - jail time!

We already have a system that does this. It's called the scientific community. Someone thinks they have discovered something. So instead of just saying it and expecting to be believed they do proper research and experiments that they document. They then produce a paper that includes information on how to repeat the experiments so that others can see that the results are repeatable and eventually this becomes accepted science. It's called peer reviewing.

Why should the first burden of proof be on the prosecution? it is up to the discoverer of anything to bring meaningful data and proof to the table to be assessed. If you are going to get up today and start spouting a whole new branch to "science" you better have some proof to back you up.

The following users thanked this post: james_s

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2020, 10:38:31 pm »
What i am referring to is people that actually make up science, I repeat that is why i would call the law defamation of science. If you spread misinformation that is directly contradictory to well known science like what a virus is then you should be prosecuted. If you want to push "alternative" science then you should have scientific studies with repeatable experiments to back your claims up. Sure if you think some medication is dangerous and can prove it fine. But if you make shit up about something that has no proof whatsoever then sorry - jail time!

I tend to agree, although in the US at least this risks creating a slippery slope regarding freedom of speech and freedom of expression. These obviously have bounds, but you have to be careful not to come off as intending to silence free speech. Some people are gonna believe nutty stuff, but throwing them in jail risks making them into a martyr, it's extremely difficult to kill an idea. I do wish social media would take a more active role in shutting down false claims and fake news though which absolutely exists, although it's not so much the traditional news media spreading it.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2020, 08:54:38 am »
This is why I am not talking about free speech. If I decide that my right to free speech means that I can say untrue things about a person that person can sue my arse. But anyone can say untrue things about science and there are no repercussions and yet the consequences more dangerous.

As i say someone voicing a nutty opinion, fine, but to go to the extent of making the effort to disseminate that on a mass platform when it is clearly untrue should be a crime. We live in an age where mass communication is now at the fingertips of the common person. Anyone can become a sensation overnight by posting something. With great power comes great responsibility, well time people were held responsible.

And yes I wish the platforms would censor this rubbish out. Because on the one hand yes people being censored will be called martyrs but if they remain active they will just create more followers. People are always gonna speculate on "what de government is up to" "what they don't want you to know" I certainly do not trust any government but I am not stupid enough to start believing that they are lying to me about scientific reality like the shape of the earth or that the planet is or is not warming.

And yes if it is necessary lets get rid of religion. That's where it starts anyway, lets just grow the fuck up as a planet!

The following users thanked this post: Andy Watson

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2020, 01:35:15 pm »
It has to do a lot with education and political leaning, for example:
Nearly three-in-ten Americans believe COVID-19 was made in a lab (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/04/08/nearly-three-in-ten-americans-believe-covid-19-was-made-in-a-lab/?utm_source=Pew+Research+Center&utm_campaign=9a8a1fc2a0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_09_06_59&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e953b9b70-9a8a1fc2a0-400906701)

The chart shows very nicely which groups tend to believe misinformation.

Offline Jan Audio

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2020, 01:42:45 pm »
Very coincident then : 1981 novel wuhan 400, maybe causes the 3/10 persons.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2020, 02:32:54 pm »

We already have a system that does this. It's called the scientific community. Someone thinks they have discovered something. So instead of just saying it and expecting to be believed they do proper research and experiments that they document. They then produce a paper that includes information on how to repeat the experiments so that others can see that the results are repeatable and eventually this becomes accepted science. It's called peer reviewing.

Why should the first burden of proof be on the prosecution? it is up to the discoverer of anything to bring meaningful data and proof to the table to be assessed. If you are going to get up today and start spouting a whole new branch to "science" you better have some proof to back you up.
That's an objective process.  It's also one that is inconvenient for those who don't have the nerve to accept independent review (no names  ::) )  They won't accept a negative finding and will just roll out conspiracy theories in an attempt to defeat that finding.  The sad part is that there are far too many who are prepared to accept such claims as fact and reason to keep believing the crap.

This just doesn't say it adequately .....  :palm:

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2020, 03:19:04 pm »

That's an objective process.  It's also one that is inconvenient for those who don't have the nerve to accept independent review (no names  ::) )  They won't accept a negative finding and will just roll out conspiracy theories in an attempt to defeat that finding.  The sad part is that there are far too many who are prepared to accept such claims as fact and reason to keep believing the crap.

This just doesn't say it adequately .....  :palm:

This is why if you "discover" something you should have to go through the peer review process or get sued, that is the point they won't want to follow the process at which point when they start opening their mouths they will have broken the law. I am sorry but you cannot reason with these people and there is no point in even caring for their protestations.

Offline chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2020, 04:05:26 pm »
20 suspected arson attacks on UK phone masts over the easter weekend  :palm: Shoot the bastards.
BTW in the Dean Koontz novel The Eyes of Darkness the bio weapon was Gorky-400 and changed to Wuhan-400 when the book was republished in 1989.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 04:07:27 pm »
Yep total fucknuggets. Also one of them serves one of the new NHS Nightingale units  |O

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-nhs-nightingale-hospital-phone-18090436

I hope we see some arrests soon.

I have noticed that the locations are generally full of thick as fuck morlocks and flat roofed pubs.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 04:07:44 pm »
yea, and the coincidence is all the proof they need........

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2020, 04:17:38 pm »
Just spent some time filling this in with YT links

https://www.report-terrorist-material.homeoffice.gov.uk/report

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2020, 04:38:29 pm »
But did they encourage people to take action. Remember Angem Choudry? remember how long it took to get him because he never once incited anything but inspired. This is why we need a law along the lines of harmful defamation of science.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2020, 04:47:31 pm »
AFAIK they spent some time arresting and disempowering his associates in Al-Muhajiroun first so they couldn't retaliate.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 05:00:04 pm »
It's like when someone claiming to be a pikey rang me up to sell me some contraband tobacco that i was going to sell at a club and got very nasty when I said I think he had the wrong person and that i was recording the call. The policeman was only mildly interested until he heard the bit where the guy said practically in jest that he would "cut my belly open", then the guy went into "your a victim mode". The law is a funny thing, actually tragic when it comes do doing something when there is almost enough evidence but not enough.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf