Author Topic: eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!  (Read 13917 times)

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!
« on: April 07, 2020, 12:39:32 pm »
5G Causes EVERYTHING and must be stopped!
Basically just 1 hour of laughing at 5G nutjobs and the "5G Space Appeal"

SpaceX Starlink Satellite Transmitter Tech Specs: https://licensing.fcc.gov/myibfs/download.do?attachment_key=1569860

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:51:16 pm »
I'm going to enjoy the YT thread comments on this one  :-DD

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:09:42 pm »
Here in South Africa you still have 2G cell services available, but only in rural areas where they do not have the actual user density to make an upgrade worth while. Also only the one provider, using equipment they bought at scrap metal prices from the other operators as they were upgrading networks. As it breaks it gets replaced with 3G equipment, also used equipment, but not worth spending the money to replace the old stuff.

The rest are rolling out 4G to replace 3G, and will probably only deploy 5G in areas of high use density, as South Africa, like Australia, is a big place, and relatively low population density.

Currently -91dBm signal strength from the tower 9m above me, and -71dBm from the other network provider 100m away. Think I have more worries from lead and cyclic aromatics from car emissions than I have from any other thing.

By the way, the thing you are most likely going to die from is cancer, especially in the developed world, and in countries with more or less adequate healthcare. Not because cancer rates are increasing, but more due to more people actually living to the point where all other reasons that would have killed them off, like diabetes, heart attack, stroke, measles, smallpox, polio, influenza, any bacterial infection, childbirth, broken bones, tonsillitus, dental issues, or intestinal upsets like cholera.

Remove all the things that would, even a century ago, have resulted in around half the population not surviving past 60, and the thing that will kill you are the things that are the slowest to do so. As well detection rates are improving, so you can tell a person has cancer while the cancer is still small, and then treat it with a moderate amount of success, instead of the old method, which was finding out that the person had cancer either at the most advanced stage, or in a post mortem.

Most of the people I know of who have died did so from cancer, except for those who died from HIV, TB or from violent incidents. More because they all had controlled the other ways to die, and got old, mostly well into the 80's and low 90's.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:34:28 pm by SeanB »

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:40:38 pm »
 I don't know who is the more anti-science: Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers, or the Anti-5G crowd.

Unreal what I've been seeing in my facebook feeds lately.

And one of them also added a tidbit about smart meters being radioactive - if you live in my area, have a basement, and are down there with a Geiger counter and DON'T have a radon evacuation system, guess what you are reading? The geological formation in this part of the US is a natural radon source, and most houses are dug down to have basements around here. It's nearly pointless to have radon testing done - unless your basement walls are so porous as to be useless at being walls, you WILL have radon without a mitigation system.

Offline johnlsenchak

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • js@antihotmail.com
    • paypal.me/johnsenchak
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:46:27 pm »

It's  like the nuts  for years  saying that  putting  your cell phone up against  your head on the 4G   network  will give you brain  cancer   because of the RF  "woo-woo"  radiation  waves   8)

I mean   from the  early  fifties  to the  two  thousands,  televisions    stations pumped  out  tons  of  RF  signal on the  analog  channels  and no one complained  about the dangers of the  RF signals  for all those years.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 02:26:56 am by johnlsenchak »
John Senchak "Daytona  Beach  Florida "
 jls (at)  antihotmail.com   http://www.antihotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/john.senchak.1

The following users thanked this post: agtrbt

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 03:21:09 am »

I don't know who is the more anti-science: Flat Earthers, Anti-Vaxxers, or the Anti-5G crowd.

Without any real medical, biology or chem/pharma education and experience under your belt,

you would trust someone to vaccinate you based on scare tactics and  "play it safe and follow the herd" mindset ?

Flat Earthery and 5G conspiracy clownage aside, mostly Click On This..stupidity that can't directly harm,
how are you going to laugh off chemicals being injected into you, and the people around you, that none know anything about?

Vaccines have been known to go south BADLY,
and some are nothing better than colored water 'snake oil' placebos,
or a soon neutralized chem mix in the bloodstream, the body soon rids itself of quickly

i.e. anti-vaxxers get my  :wtf:  bored attention way before all the other conspiracy flogging knuckleheads  :palm:

YMMV/EMMV  :popcorn:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 06:44:48 am by Electro Detective »

Offline agtrbt

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:18:16 pm »
Exactly, broadcast services use kilowatts to megawatts of power with good penetration.

I predict their next conspiracy is about thermal noise, secret woo woo information hidden encrypted in random noise......

But I do agree with the conspiracy that some Asian authoritarian governments use 5G and IoT to do mass surveillance, political policing and censorship.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 01:24:09 pm »
That’s not specific to 5G though. You can’t do anything in those countries without certain apps and those have location awareness and run well above the application layer. The 5G bit is almost entirely irrelevant to the problem because any transport layer or below is irrelevant.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 07:16:15 pm »
Well 5G will and should be used here in Austria to boost Landline DSL Service because the dont replace the crappy old Cable from the 50is who just slow speed DSL goes truth.
Another think is here you get a damn cheap Flat over Cellular Service who is cheaper than DSL. Many people use them for there 2nd Weekend House to.

The claim to need it for Autonomous Cars. Why Autonomous Cars should need a Internet Connection I dont know... What I guess to Upload all the Tracking sshhttt also realtime Video and Images from the Passenger.

What make me concern is the 60Ghz Freq!  :scared:
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »
Why? First it's absorbed by atmospheric oxygen which give it hardly any realistic range (intentionally!). Secondly it's limited to approx 10mW TX power in the UK at least with 30dBi antenna gain which is quite frankly bugger all. You couldn't warm up a gnat's testicles with it.

This one will get the paranoids going  :-DD. You're not allowed to use it within 6km of these grid coordinates in the UK

Site 1: 57° 21' 3.6",-07° 23' 36.6"
Site 2: 51° 37' 16.8",-04° 58' 21"
Site 3: 52° 38' 1.8", -00° 36' 22.8"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:32:58 pm by bd139 »

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 09:13:48 pm »
 OK, not being a Brit, I give up - looks like some sort of military installation at each of those coordinates, although the last looks more like a leftover WWII relic in rather dilapidated condition. Unless it's hiding some missile silos.

The autonomous car needs an internet connection to entertain the passengers, since no one has to drive, what are you going to do, sit there? Fire up your laptop and get some work done on the commute to work. Stuck in traffic? No problem, no lost time. Of course when we reach critical mass with truly autonomous cars, there will end up being new workplace rules. "I was logged in and working by 8, even if I didn't actually arrive at the office until 9:30" isn't going to cut it.  :-DD

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 09:16:52 pm »
It's early warning radar installations.

Actually the location logging has saved me before. I went to McDonalds one fine morning and got some coffee on the way somewhere. On the way back I said fuck it and got a bic mac from the same place. Mmm cardboard. Alas their stupid "max 2 hour parking" thing decided I'd been there the entire day because I was tailed by a van and dispatched the parking trolls to fine me. I sent them a screen cap of google location services attached to a shitogram and they apologised.  :palm:

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 09:56:41 pm »
Well 5G will and should be used here in Austria to boost Landline DSL Service because the dont replace the crappy old Cable from the 50is who just slow speed DSL goes truth.
Bingo. 5G speed is not just for cell phones but also to replace wired internet connections to homes. And this is not something new! Many years ago I visited Indonesia. Using a 3G modem was much less expensive compared to DSL and the speed was even better.

Autonomous cars (and non autonomous with a high level of driving assistance) need to communicate between eachother in the near future (it is already happening on a small scale) which is where 5G also comes in handy as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:58:56 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: Lord of nothing

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 10:10:48 pm »

Actually the location logging has saved me before. I went to McDonalds one fine morning and got some coffee on the way somewhere. On the way back I said fuck it and got a bic mac from the same place. Mmm cardboard. Alas their stupid "max 2 hour parking" thing decided I'd been there the entire day because I was tailed by a van and dispatched the parking trolls to fine me. I sent them a screen cap of google location services attached to a shitogram and they apologised.
  :palm:

@bd139  the apology means nothing unless there's some serious meal pack vouchery tossed in

to stifle any thoughts of letters of complaint to Maccass HQ and their subbied parking goons

They wasted your time after deemed guilty till DIY proven innocent, for parking in their space to spend money on their nutrition enriched products 

Bottomless coffee and shakes for 12 months would be my lowest 'sign the waiver and walk away' terms   :D

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 10:50:08 pm »
Autonomous cars (and non autonomous with a high level of driving assistance) need to communicate between eachother in the near future (it is already happening on a small scale) which is where 5G also comes in handy as well.
Well why does the not use the Frequency for that car2car communication?  :-//
I am to lazy to look up which one is for. Its some Ghz Freq.

60Ghz - 5G is mostly to spy on Cars and there passenger. Like a Tesla who have atleast 1 Cam filming the Passenger.  :=\

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 12:34:16 am »

Actually the location logging has saved me before. I went to McDonalds one fine morning and got some coffee on the way somewhere. On the way back I said fuck it and got a bic mac from the same place. Mmm cardboard. Alas their stupid "max 2 hour parking" thing decided I'd been there the entire day because I was tailed by a van and dispatched the parking trolls to fine me. I sent them a screen cap of google location services attached to a shitogram and they apologised.
  :palm:

@bd139  the apology means nothing unless there's some serious meal pack vouchery tossed in

to stifle any thoughts of letters of complaint to Maccass HQ and their subbied parking goons

They wasted your time after deemed guilty till DIY proven innocent, for parking in their space to spend money on their nutrition enriched products 

Bottomless coffee and shakes for 12 months would be my lowest 'sign the waiver and walk away' terms   :D

I was a contractor at the time so I just charged my time and the food as expenses to some far more insidious bastards. Pass the karma along  :-DD

Someone torched a car in the drive through in the middle of the night a few months later so I suspect that was a persistent issue and probably related. The branch was shut for nearly a month  :-DD

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:39 am »
I was just looking at Big Clive's video and noticed the thumbs down so soon I'd thought I'd compared them:

Big Clive
01/04/2020 Live-build 3kV positive ion dust collector PSU.
Up 1.6k Down 65

02/04/20 How to use a UVC germicidal lamp SAFELY.
Up 5.2k Down 49

05/04/20 Inside a very British ioniser. (And how they fell out of favour.)
Up 4.5K Down 88

07/04/20 The drunken history of theatrical fog effects
Up 3.2k Down 44

08/04/20 5G death beams are rubbish for killing your foes. (comments welcome)
Up 8.2k Down 325

325 thumbs down.

EEVBLOG
30/03/20 eevBLAB #72 - BUSTED! Medtronics Open Ventilator FAIL
Views 105,195
Up 4.5k Down 239

31/03/20 EEVblog #1297 - Turn an LCD into E-Paper!
Up 2.4k Down 86

01/04/2020 eevBLAB #73 - Medtronics Open Ventilator + Others UPDATE
Up 2.4k Down 116

06/04/20 EEVblog #1298 - $70 2000W Power Supply
Up 2k Down 69

08/04/20 eevBLAB #74 - 5G Causes EVERYTHING!
Up 2.6k Down 372

372 thumbs down.

Notice how the thumbs down correlate by video compared to the 5G ones from Big Clive and EEVBLOG.

Thunderf00t
15/03/20 I'm in Coronavirus quarantine!
Views 273.908
Up 17k Down 695

21/04/20 Coronavirus: What if we did NOTHING?
Views 377,832
Up 17k Down 1.6k

23/03/20 Mathematical model of Coronavirus spread in USA.
Up 11k Down 609

04/02/20 How much coronavirus is needed to infect everyone on Earth?
Up 3.9k Down 197

04/01/20 5G causes Coronavirus: BUSTED!!!
Up 12k Down 423

423 thumbs down but not so consistent with the previous videos from the 5g worriers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:51:06 am by MrMobodies »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 12:46:28 am »
60Ghz - 5G is mostly to spy on Cars and there passenger. Like a Tesla who have atleast 1 Cam filming the Passenger.  :=\

Also to get traffic information, roadworks data, map updates, AGPS data...

Have you, uh, driven a modern car, let alone a semi-automated one? They don't exist in a vacuum like old ones. Wait, why do I ask conspiracy theorists if they use modern technology..

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:30 am »
Also to get traffic information, roadworks data, ... , AGPS data...
15 - 10 Years ago we did do that with GPRS and the did also worked.
And Map Updates could work from Home via Wifi or via LTE.
why do I ask conspiracy theorists if they use modern technology..
Would you denial that the US is monitor the hole Network Traffice of the "free World".  :-DD
Damn I would like life in that repressing country where People could say what the think.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 11:54:14 am »
Tesla does updates from Wifi for ref...

The following users thanked this post: Lord of nothing

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 01:13:00 pm »
Also to get traffic information, roadworks data, ... , AGPS data...
15 - 10 Years ago we did do that with GPRS and the did also worked.
And Map Updates could work from Home via Wifi or via LTE.

There's more data and more users, so we need a newer technology to scale up. How is this a hard concept?

why do I ask conspiracy theorists if they use modern technology..
Would you denial that the US is monitor the hole Network Traffice of the "free World".  :-DD
Damn I would like life in that repressing country where People could say what the think.

... yes, actually, I would deny that any one state has the capacity to monitor the entire network traffic of the planet, because I have a clue.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 01:44:45 pm »
I would deny that any one state has the capacity to monitor the entire network traffic of the planet
The british could monitor the German, the German the Polish and the Polish the Portuguese,... so nobody violate the most of the laws in there country.  :palm:

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 01:47:10 pm »
I would deny that any one state has the capacity to monitor the entire network traffic of the planet
The british could monitor the German, the German the Polish and the Polish the Portuguese,... so nobody violate the most of the laws in there country.  :palm:

And now the claims swing to suit your desperate need to believe they're out to get you, while all valid points are cast aside as irrelevancies.

Oh, and yes, it would violate many laws even then, while still not occuring because the traffic just doesn't route that way.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 01:51:29 pm »
i heard 5G can kill coronaviruses ... let's install many many many towers, preferably one per home... better safe than sorry.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline SparkyFX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 02:24:33 pm »
Often forgotten: go into the sun and have a 1-2 kW/m² exposure right where you are ... just for comparison. The heating effect is there, but the body seems good at working around it.
Support your local planet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf