EEVblog > EEVblog Specific

eevBLAB #82 - Kickstarter Over-unity Gravitational Power Generator!

(1/8) > >>

EEVblog:
Two Japanese guys have been working for 30 years on a "Gavitational Power Generator" over-unity machine that produces 30-100 times the input energy.
The Japanese Patent office disagrees in an hilarious Kickstarter own-goal!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sunteljp/the-gravitational-power-generator-eco-turbine/description

FrankBuss:
Why did he built it so big that it costs lots of money to attach a generator? Maybe the sad truth is that he started small and it didn't work, and somehow he thinks it will work when bigger. But the English information about it doesn't mention any upper or lower limits for the construction size.

Domagoj T:
Like you said it in the video, that's just sad. Those guys had an idea, failed to realize it's impossible and got tangled up in the convoluted mechanism that obstructed their view of the basic fact that pumping water up the hill requires more energy than you can extract by bringing it back down.
The kickstarter goal of just $1000 tells me they're not trying to deceive people, just that they are completely naive, not only in technical aspect regarding conservation of energy, but in regards to economy and finances as well. $1000 for a mechanical project of that size is just ridiculous. If they think that $1000 is going to make a difference, they are in a very deep delusion. Shame, they seem like nice guys, and I really feel sorry for them.

Circlotron:
At least they've probably had heaps of fun and excitement with it over the years. From that point of view I'd say it was worth it. Many people live lonely, unhappy and unfulfilling lives. They had a goal, even if it did eventually come to nothing.

VK3DRB:
This is a sort of Japanese version of an dodgy Australian company called Split Cycle Technology. The dodgy CEO was roofing tiler who became very wealthy out of stock in Split Cycle Technology. They issued reports to shareholders that the motor was tested by NASA :bullshit:, which was misleading. The split cycle motor went nowhere, so Split Cycle Technology then came up with a hare-brained idea of air pressure powered bicycles to solve the world's energy problems, calling for further investment $$$. Split Cycle was a Queensland based company. Queensland is Australia's the home of get-rich-quick schemes and scammers.

I reckon for every 500 hare-brained ideas out there, one might have some substance; and that is being optimistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version