Author Topic: eevBLAB #82 - Kickstarter Over-unity Gravitational Power Generator!  (Read 14735 times)

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
  • Renovating Old Test Equipment & Calibration ..
Re: eevBLAB #82 - Kickstarter Over-unity Gravitational Power Generator!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2020, 09:18:56 am »
So you want to slow the Planet Down. Good idea ..  |O
 If we haven't got enough Hair brain scientist trying to do that already .

World energy consumption per year is 5.7*10^20 J. Rotational kinetic energy of the Earth is 2*10^29 J. So you could power the whole world for 350 million years until the spinning stops. If we would do it only a few decades, until fission or whatever works, the rotation wouldn't slow down more than maybe a second per day. Doesn't look dangerous to me.
OMG
First you can just pull fictitious Numbers out of a Hat.
 Just slowing the Planet by a second . would cause an orbit change . If your not aware the polar
ice is melting this due to an imbalance of the planet. Water is heaver than ice .
 Rising the oceans helps natural forces to stabilise rotation.
If the Planet slows by just a few seconds ''as you say it."
 Orbit change & reversal of poles. would happen .
 If the Poles reverse it would not be .. As you said 350 million years .
 More Like 350 days .
 There is also an old saying.  IF it ain't broke, don't fix it ..

I suggest to stick to the simple things . LEGO would be fairly safe for you ..
"   All Started With A BIG Bang!! .  .   & Magic Smoke  ".

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2020, 10:45:32 am »
^^ According to Encyclopedia Britannica tidal power is 3000 GW so that's 9.4608×10¹⁹ Joules per year slowing the earth down whether you like it or not.

And the same source quotes *electrical* energy consumption in 2016 as 21,000 terawatt-hours, so that's 5.83×10¹⁵ Joules.

If the rotating earth has 2x10^29 Joules that's enough for 34,285,700,000,000 years.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:17:07 am by Circlotron »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2020, 11:42:48 am »

World energy consumption per year is 5.7*10^20 J. Rotational kinetic energy of the Earth is 2*10^29 J. So you could power the whole world for 350 million years until the spinning stops. If we would do it only a few decades, until fission or whatever works, the rotation wouldn't slow down more than maybe a second per day. Doesn't look dangerous to me.
OMG
 Just slowing the Planet by a second . would cause an orbit change .
That is overly dramatic. Look into leap seconds and why we need them. The earth's rotational speed isn't constant at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%94T_(timekeeping)
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2020, 12:37:00 pm »

OMG
That is overly dramatic. Look into leap seconds and why we need them. The earth's rotational speed isn't constant at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%94T_(timekeeping)
That is for our time keeping . (true)
 Not for the universal laws that govern the physical placement of the log spiral & helical plains that
 keeps our planet in about the correct orbit . Which Albert Einstein tried hard to get scientist to
Understand .. and still don't Get it . because one needs to know and understand 7D mathematics.
 Simple Example if you move 1 planet 1 degree all the others will follow at a log degree displacement .
 i.e. we would move closer to the sun .. That in turn would raise the temperature of our climate by the same ratio to the Log scale so 1 degree change could be about 10c and so on .
 Causing a chain reaction of equal and opposite damage .
 No I am not going to explain these physics & how they works .
 One reason why the world governments Don't tell people the WHOLE story .
 That includes NASA .  Too Much info is dangerous . 
 So diversionary theory's are created to distract G.P.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:04:52 pm by Labrat101 »

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2020, 12:52:48 pm »
For the world's governments to collude to hide something they would have to be united.
Over-unity is more likely than that.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2020, 11:38:38 pm »

OMG
That is for our time keeping . (true)
 Not for the universal laws that govern the physical placement of the log spiral & helical plains that
 keeps our planet in about the correct orbit . Which Albert Einstein tried hard to get scientist to
Understand .. and still don't Get it . because one needs to know and understand 7D mathematics.
 Simple Example if you move 1 planet 1 degree all the others will follow at a log degree displacement .
 i.e. we would move closer to the sun .. That in turn would raise the temperature of our climate by the same ratio to the Log scale so 1 degree change could be about 10c and so on .
That starts to sound interesting but somehow I don't think the effect is that dramatic (at least on a timescale less than a million years); there is so much happening in 'our' solar system that an equilibrium which is extremely sensitive would have failed a long time ago. For example: our own moon has shifted it's orbit a lot over time and nothing bad has happened. A link would be nice.
That includes NASA .  Too Much info is dangerous . 
 So diversionary theory's are created to distract G.P.
And we're back to conspiracy theories making what you wrote above so uncredible that I'm not going to bother to look it up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:41:50 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2020, 11:24:56 pm »
For the world's governments to collude to hide something they would have to be united.
Over-unity is more likely than that.

The government can't even suppress the knowledge to break copy protection on DVD or bluray media, they haven't succeeded in stamping out file sharing of copyrighted music or movies, they hardly made a dent in it despite huge amounts of money behind the effort. Information has a tendency to get out and once the cat gets out of the bag it's impossible to put it back in. If somebody figured out how to circumvent the laws of energy, it would not take long at all for the knowledge to spread.

Offline Pulsepowerguy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2020, 02:02:06 am »

OMG
 Just slowing the Planet by a second . would cause an orbit change . If your not aware the polar
ice is melting this due to an imbalance of the planet. Water is heaver than ice .
 Rising the oceans helps natural forces to stabilise rotation.
If the Planet slows by just a few seconds ''as you say it."
 Orbit change & reversal of poles. would happen .
 If the Poles reverse it would not be .. As you said 350 million years .
 More Like 350 days .

Talk about pulling things from a hat. Such a lot of hand waiving, and no data to support it. Might as well predict that dogs and cats will sleep together.  :-DD

BTW, the rotation of the planet is reduced, not its orbit; water is denser than ice, not heavier. Rising oceans stabilize Earth's rotation?!!?!?! Are the oceans rising because of rocks falling into them?  :-DD

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2020, 02:27:03 am »
Rocks falling into water would reduce the moment of inertia as (most) rocks are denser than water  Due to the conservation of angular momentum, this means the angular velocity must increase.

So there's your solution - just dump the densest, most useless material you can find into the sea.

Politicians come to mind - closely followed by over unity proponents.

The following users thanked this post: james_s

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2020, 07:54:24 am »

I suggest to stick to the simple things . LEGO would be fairly safe for you ..

I would give you that advice actually. Leave this thread now or I will ban you from the whole forum for good!

The following users thanked this post: Pulsepowerguy

Offline steerex

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2021, 10:02:03 pm »
didyou notice one guys name was "Takeshite" and the other "Ohno"?

Offline Labrat101

• Regular
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2021, 09:59:09 am »
One second is enough to set off more volcanic eruptions as the earth's core & and crust are already getting unbalanced .
If you hadn't heard about global warming etc.  Landslides.  Toronto's . flooding. And seas rising.  Messing with nature is not a good idea. 
The mathematical formula is  . .
Pure speculation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf