Products > Embedded Computing

AI, Google Coral: anyone?

<< < (5/7) > >>

DiTBho:

WOW, beautiful girl, extremely useful video ;D

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on June 08, 2021, 07:12:21 pm ---Jetson Xavier

--- End quote ---

My colleagues are playing with a Jetson XavierNX cluster. It's a nice metal box with a huge cooling fan on the top, and internally it has four Xavier boards inside. It's a bit expensive, paid 2800 USD. I know nothing, I am simply the system admin, so for my point of view they are four Linux nodes to be supported.

Currently my blog runs on an embedded router connected to the internet. The previous version ran on an Linux / Apple MacMini G4 with only 512Mbyte of ram for Apache2, PHP, and everything. Funny, my super-router has more ram, cores and CPU-power, and expansions (2 miniPCIe) than the mac-mini :D

I looked at the Google Coral for several reasons:

* First, because Google is using their TPU units for their own searching engine and products, so they already have strong experience and know/how
* Second, because I do prefer a miniPCIe accelerator card, I'd like to use it with an embedding super-router Linux SBC.

janoc:
I wonder why you want to reinvent the wheel using TensorFlow and complex solution when this problem has a solution that works well for over 20 years now - https://spamassassin.apache.org/

It is using a lot of carefully crafted (and constantly updated) rules in addition to Bayesian classifiers learning from your spam/ham patterns on the fly (unlike a "train-once and forget" Tensorflow model would). And can run on any old PC or even Raspberry Pi without the need for fancy machine learning hardware like the Jetson.

Sure you can do it using neural networks - but do you want a solution that works today or do you want to tinker with shiny toys?

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: janoc on June 08, 2021, 08:21:07 pm ---I wonder why you want to reinvent the wheel using TensorFlow and complex solution when this problem has a solution that works well for over 20 years now - https://spamassassin.apache.org/

It is using a lot of carefully crafted (and constantly updated) rules in addition to Bayesian classifiers learning from your spam/ham patterns on the fly (unlike a "train-once and forget" Tensorflow model would). And can run on any old PC or even Raspberry Pi without the need for fancy machine learning hardware like the Jetson.

Sure you can do it using neural networks - but do you want a solution that works today or do you want to tinker with shiny toys?

--- End quote ---

Because it doesn't work well with the kind of spammers who send smart-spam messages to my blogs.

janoc:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on June 08, 2021, 08:30:21 pm ---Because it doesn't work well with the kind of spammers who send smart-spam messages to my blogs.

--- End quote ---

And did you actually try it or are you just conjecturing based on the poor performance of your hand-crafted system?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version