Computing > Embedded Computing

AI, Google Coral: anyone?

<< < (6/7) > >>

rstofer:

--- Quote from: rstofer on June 08, 2021, 05:01:25 pm ---Amazon is another source for the Dev-Board and some accessories.  I probably should have looked because Amazon is always faster than Mouser.  Not that I'm in a hurry, I have other things to work on.

--- End quote ---
Mouser came through!  I now have the Dev Board and it took about 2 days.  Now all I need is time to play with it.

nctnico:

--- Quote from: rstofer on June 08, 2021, 02:48:30 pm ---The Google Coral seems like direct competition to the NVIDIA Jetson Nano.  I haven't spent a lot of time looking but I wonder if the Coral has anywhere near the documentation of the Nano in terms of tutorials and sample code.  NVIDIA is really into the AI thing (for some values of AI).

--- End quote ---
No. Jetson Nano is a complete system on chip module. The Coral is just an accellerator. You can combine both though and use the Jetson Nano as a platform to use the Coral module.

evb149:
https://blog.raccoons.be/coral-tpu-jetson-nano-performance

--- Quote from: nctnico on June 13, 2021, 12:48:04 am ---
--- Quote from: rstofer on June 08, 2021, 02:48:30 pm ---The Google Coral seems like direct competition to the NVIDIA Jetson Nano.  I haven't spent a lot of time looking but I wonder if the Coral has anywhere near the documentation of the Nano in terms of tutorials and sample code.  NVIDIA is really into the AI thing (for some values of AI).

--- End quote ---
No. Jetson Nano is a complete system on chip module. The Coral is just an accellerator. You can combine both though and use the Jetson Nano as a platform to use the Coral module.

--- End quote ---

rstofer:

--- Quote from: nctnico on June 13, 2021, 12:48:04 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That ought to be fun!  The Coral Camera showed up yesterday so I should be set to start.

DiTBho:
Bought a couple of new hardware toys. I will try with a different approach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version