Author Topic: AI, Google Coral: anyone?  (Read 2588 times)

Online rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: AI, Google Coral: anyone?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 05:48:15 pm »
Amazon is another source for the Dev-Board and some accessories.  I probably should have looked because Amazon is always faster than Mouser.  Not that I'm in a hurry, I have other things to work on.
Mouser came through!  I now have the Dev Board and it took about 2 days.  Now all I need is time to play with it.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 12:48:04 am »
The Google Coral seems like direct competition to the NVIDIA Jetson Nano.  I haven't spent a lot of time looking but I wonder if the Coral has anywhere near the documentation of the Nano in terms of tutorials and sample code.  NVIDIA is really into the AI thing (for some values of AI).
No. Jetson Nano is a complete system on chip module. The Coral is just an accellerator. You can combine both though and use the Jetson Nano as a platform to use the Coral module.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline evb149

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 10:07:50 am »
https://blog.raccoons.be/coral-tpu-jetson-nano-performance

The Google Coral seems like direct competition to the NVIDIA Jetson Nano.  I haven't spent a lot of time looking but I wonder if the Coral has anywhere near the documentation of the Nano in terms of tutorials and sample code.  NVIDIA is really into the AI thing (for some values of AI).
No. Jetson Nano is a complete system on chip module. The Coral is just an accellerator. You can combine both though and use the Jetson Nano as a platform to use the Coral module.

Online rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 02:53:27 pm »
That ought to be fun!  The Coral Camera showed up yesterday so I should be set to start.

Offline DiTBho

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2021, 07:27:24 pm »
Bought a couple of new hardware toys. I will try with a different approach.

Offline DiTBho

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 11:59:22 am »
Yesterday I started adding new "Sentiment Analysis" modules. It's a supervised machine learning based approach with a classification model, which is trained using the pre-labeled dataset of positive, negative, and neutral to identify classes of given text.

For each period, it uses, tokenization, lemmatization, part-of-speech-analysis, vocabulary and morphological analysis and a dataset to quantify messages content as

• opinion
  • request
  • squanch

and each of these category as

• negative
  • somewhat negative
  • neutral
  • somewhat positive
  • positive

Squanch is a special class processed by a bag-of-words model. I don't know other ways of extracting features from the text. The Bow module converts text into the matrix of occurrence of { insults, dirty-speaking language, urban language } words within the message and it concerns about whether given words occurred or not in the message.

All the new NLP modules are written in python + eRlang + php. The php code is just a wrapper between the HTML textarea where a guest sends a message, and the classification of his/her message: { message-dropped,  message-dropped+user-banned, message-archived }.

It's just a wild approximation, human communication is not limited to words, it is more than words, and "sentiments" are combination words, tone, and writing style.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 02:39:10 pm »
As simple as it is from the AI/ML standpoint, that's one of the worst usage for AI.

It is used to stifle free speech, shadow-ban users, promote mediocrity, and float atop only imbecile bloatware comments like "We need more like this".   :horse:

The following users thanked this post: evb149

Offline evb149

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 02:53:58 pm »
But comrade, I am sure that the pervasive use of such algorithms are only going to be the doubleplusgood  for us to bellyfeel & duckspeak goodthink!
Help us to crimestop crimethink, ungood oldthink, oldspeak, ownlife!
Minitrue will soon update the new edition of the AI models for our telescreens to assist with this project.

As simple as it is from the AI/ML standpoint, that's one of the worst usage for AI.

It is used to stifle free speech, shadow-ban users, promote mediocrity, and float atop only imbecile bloatware comments like "We need more like this".   :horse:

Offline DiTBho

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2021, 09:55:46 am »

You say this because you don't get spam, insults and harassment on a daily basis, I can assure you that when you get more gossip than useful messages then it's pretty demotivating.

In my case, look at the percentage

Code: [Select]
DiTBho # suppapurge-v2 data_average May
1628 messages received in May, 2021
 966 messages automatically rejected as spam (59.3%)
  43 messages manually accepted as false negative
 183 messages manually dropped as false positive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 522 messages archived

daily, 60% is spam! And this number tends to increase, more and more spam and less and less useful messages!

Yesterday I got a call from DHL, they informed me that I have to pay 54 euros as import taxes for my Coral modules, I didn't ask any questions, I put more than 200 euros in this project, and I am happy that messages like this
Dude, if you are reading this, give up, go work at McDonalds. Doing computer science is not yours.
What The Frog is this for?   :o :o :o

No matter, who cares, it will be automatically deleted :-DD

You mentioned "free speech"

It is used to stifle free speech, shadow-ban users, promote mediocrity, and float atop only imbecile bloatware comments like "We need more like this". 

Well, I can give you some examples of very received messages were "free speech" means there are mentally ill person on the web, and do you really want to allow them to smear the walls of your house with their mental garbage? Seriously?

I don't want to give up, others can do whatever they want on their blogs/sites, personally Ineed more like this ML AI filter, and I don't think I am promoting any mediocrity!

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 03:34:28 pm »
My remark and annoyance regarding sentiment AI technology usage was not about you.  It was about how sentiment analysis bots are used by major players like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and alike.

Congrats for making the Coral do a useful job.   :-+

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf