Author Topic: AI, Google Coral: anyone?  (Read 5918 times)

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: AI, Google Coral: anyone?
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2021, 11:59:22 am »
Yesterday I started adding new "Sentiment Analysis" modules. It's a supervised machine learning based approach with a classification model, which is trained using the pre-labeled dataset of positive, negative, and neutral to identify classes of given text.

For each period, it uses, tokenization, lemmatization, part-of-speech-analysis, vocabulary and morphological analysis and a dataset to quantify messages content as

• opinion
  • request
  • squanch

and each of these category as

• negative
  • somewhat negative
  • neutral
  • somewhat positive
  • positive

Squanch is a special class processed by a bag-of-words model. I don't know other ways of extracting features from the text. The Bow module converts text into the matrix of occurrence of { insults, dirty-speaking language, urban language } words within the message and it concerns about whether given words occurred or not in the message.

All the new NLP modules are written in python + eRlang + php. The php code is just a wrapper between the HTML textarea where a guest sends a message, and the classification of his/her message: { message-dropped,  message-dropped+user-banned, message-archived }.

It's just a wild approximation, human communication is not limited to words, it is more than words, and "sentiments" are combination words, tone, and writing style.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2021, 02:39:10 pm »
As simple as it is from the AI/ML standpoint, that's one of the worst usage for AI.

It is used to stifle free speech, shadow-ban users, promote mediocrity, and float atop only imbecile bloatware comments like "We need more like this".   :horse:

The following users thanked this post: evb149

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2021, 09:55:46 am »
As simple as it is from the AI/ML standpoint, that's one of the worst usage for AI.

You say this because you don't get spam, insults and harassment on a daily basis, I can assure you that when you get more gossip than useful messages then it's pretty demotivating.

In my case, look at the percentage

Code: [Select]
DiTBho # suppapurge-v2 data_average May
1628 messages received in May, 2021
 966 messages automatically rejected as spam (59.3%)
  43 messages manually accepted as false negative
 183 messages manually dropped as false positive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 522 messages archived

daily, 60% is spam! And this number tends to increase, more and more spam and less and less useful messages!

Yesterday I got a call from DHL, they informed me that I have to pay 54 euros as import taxes for my Coral modules, I didn't ask any questions, I put more than 200 euros in this project, and I am happy that messages like this
Dude, if you are reading this, give up, go work at McDonalds. Doing computer science is not yours.
What The Frog is this for?   :o :o :o

No matter, who cares, it will be automatically deleted :-DD

You mentioned "free speech"

It is used to stifle free speech, shadow-ban users, promote mediocrity, and float atop only imbecile bloatware comments like "We need more like this". 

Well, I can give you some examples of very received messages were "free speech" means there are mentally ill person on the web, and do you really want to allow them to smear the walls of your house with their mental garbage? Seriously?

I don't want to give up, others can do whatever they want on their blogs/sites, personally Ineed more like this ML AI filter, and I don't think I am promoting any mediocrity!
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2021, 03:34:28 pm »
My remark and annoyance regarding sentiment AI technology usage was not about you.  It was about how sentiment analysis bots are used by major players like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and alike.

Congrats for making the Coral do a useful job.   :-+

The following users thanked this post: DiTBho

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf