Products > Embedded Computing

Introducing: Raspberry Pi 5!

<< < (22/26) > >>

langwadt:

--- Quote from: 50ShadesOfDirt on January 07, 2024, 06:21:16 pm ---3 months or so later since I ordered some on Sparkfun ... keep getting messages once/month that some have come in, but not enough. Implication is that I'm still way down on the list to receive some. Apparently, demand now exceeds supply before these beasts even start shipping.

Bummer ...

--- End quote ---

look around, here there's several shops with pi5 in stock, I just got one

Veteran68:

--- Quote from: langwadt on January 07, 2024, 06:30:14 pm ---look around, here there's several shops with pi5 in stock, I just got one

--- End quote ---

This. I've had several opportunities to buy the Pi 5 recently, but passed (I have too many Pi's and other SBCs to keep me busy right now). I can usually find at least one model in stock somewhere between Pishop, Pimoroni, DigiKey, etc. They'll go OOS but are pretty quick to come back. Just hit all those places and signup for their stock notifications.

brucehoult:

--- Quote from: 50ShadesOfDirt on January 07, 2024, 06:21:16 pm ---3 months or so later since I ordered some on Sparkfun ... keep getting messages once/month that some have come in, but not enough. Implication is that I'm still way down on the list to receive some. Apparently, demand now exceeds supply before these beasts even start shipping.

--- End quote ---

I ordered one from Pimoroni (UK) on 29/9 and it shipped on 25/11 and was delivered in NZ on 7/12.

I haven't had time/need to play with it yet, but it's sitting ready when I do.

radiolistener:

--- Quote from: rteodor on October 03, 2023, 02:34:12 am ---A reliable and long lasting solution is SLC SDCards. I use such cards for almost 10 years now and they are more reliable than the Pi's they run on.

--- End quote ---

How to check which sdcard type I have? Unfortunately there is no any mention if it SLC or something else...

Karel:

--- Quote from: radiolistener on January 15, 2024, 04:11:32 am ---
--- Quote from: rteodor on October 03, 2023, 02:34:12 am ---A reliable and long lasting solution is SLC SDCards. I use such cards for almost 10 years now and they are more reliable than the Pi's they run on.

--- End quote ---

How to check which sdcard type I have? Unfortunately there is no any mention if it SLC or something else...

--- End quote ---

You'll need to find the datasheet from the manufacturer. If you can't find the datasheet, assume it's not SLC.

Also, when looking for a new card, you can filter on "SLC" when looking for SD cards at Digikey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version