Products > Embedded Computing

[Updated (3) 10th June] Raspberry Pi 400 - Quality Control problems?

<< < (4/4)

CatalinaWOW:
Sorry I offended you.  I am also glad you have never left off a simple feature or were so tight on money that the charge for engraving in the mold was an issue.  Sure over the production run the plastic savings will pay for it, but cash flow is a bitch sometimes.

eti:

--- Quote from: CatalinaWOW on June 07, 2021, 01:03:18 am ---Sorry I offended you.  I am also glad you have never left off a simple feature or were so tight on money that the charge for engraving in the mold was an issue.  Sure over the production run the plastic savings will pay for it, but cash flow is a bitch sometimes.

--- End quote ---

“Offended” me? No you didn’t. :)

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: eti on June 06, 2021, 10:00:10 pm ---"It's affordable AND it's got community support - what else do you want, something which is actually designed competently? Go away, we hear complaints all the time and have to ignore most of them"

--- End quote ---

That person probably doesn't get that the *Community support* is offered by volunteers who offer their free time to assist people. It is literally someone who cares to answer when you have a question to ask. The company cannot list it as offering a service, because in reality it only offers a forum, where other people do the support work!

--- Quote from: eti on June 06, 2021, 10:00:10 pm ---... is the general air of complacent contempt I feel from pi towers.

--- End quote ---

What makes it even worse is that the R-Pi seems to really accept *** any error *** (like the LDO problem I mentioned above) without trying to go out and fix it, when they hear complaints, most of the time simply they ignore them.

eti:
OP updated with a new mod  :)

ebastler:
Thanks for also adding the link to the feedback you received in the Raspberry forum to the OP. Very interesting details from Simon there, the lead designer of the 400.

Just for the record here: There is not really much difference between the two HDMI ports, which is why they are not labelled individually. It does not matter which port you use to connect your (primary) display. What does matter is that the display is connected before you boot the Pi, so it can be detected during startup.

The documentation is actually quite clear regarding the "connect before turning on" part, but I have not seen an explicit note that the two ports are largely equivalent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version